It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unit of Apaches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Every day at almost the exact same time, a large group of Apache helicopters and one Blackhawk helicopter fly over my house. Now i live in Chapel Hill NC which is very very far away from any military base, the closest being a few counties away. Does anyone have any idea where these apaches might be going to/coming from? On another note, i have found large, rusty old chemical containment drums out in the woods behind my house.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
As long as they aren't black helicopters i wouldn't worry, it's probably just routine training...

Would you mind taking some pictures?

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The apaches are green. but the blackhawks (sometimes there are two) are JET black, with a sort of a glossy finish. I dont think they would be sending pilots out to train in a helicopter with a paint job like that.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Another thing is that there i a train that i can hear, but never see that comes through the woods at about 3 in the morning every two or so months. Strange thing is that i can never find the tracks, I have a feeling someone covers them up after the train comes through...

[edit on 26-11-2004 by ebolazebra]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ebolazebra
but the blackhawks (sometimes there are two) are JET black, with a sort of a glossy finish. I dont think they would be sending pilots out to train in a helicopter with a paint job like that.

I live near where they make the blackhawk and its ironic alot of blackhawks are not even black. Greenhawk dont sound as cool I guess. I have seen flatblack ones around.

Never seen one with a shiny black paintjob though.

[edit on 26-11-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
A few counties is not far at all.
The Hawk's paint is green, but it does look black at any distance, especially the Night Stalkers' birds, which you might be seeing.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
not just a few counties, but almost all the way across the state

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

The Hawk's paint is green, but it does look black at any distance, especially the Night Stalkers' birds, which you might be seeing.

I only see them from the highway a good distance so they might be a dark green. Never got close to one but they are always some parked outside Sikorsk.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Do you know how many stage fields there are between there and your place? How many airports, small, medium and large? The range of a Hawk varies, depending on model and whether or not it has external tanks. 350 miles with internal tanks is no problem, unlimited with inflight refueling.

This is no problem.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Strange thing is that i can never find the tracks, I have a feeling someone covers them up after the train comes through...

Hmmmm, not likely. Having been around while track is being built/repaired, I can say that covering and uncovering it would be an unwieldly and time consuming operation. Railroad tracks are usually ignored, and if they were only used once every couple of months would rust and look unused after a couple of rain storms.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Another thing is that there i a train that i can hear, but never see that comes through the woods at about 3 in the morning every two or so months. Strange thing is that i can never find the tracks, I have a feeling someone covers them up after the train comes through...
[edit on 26-11-2004 by ebolazebra]

A Google Search turned up a nice map showing railroad lines in nearby Durham ... if you follow those, are they anywhere near where you hear them?

top topics

join