It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret code found in library books

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Saw this on yahoo news, and thought it was right up the ATS alley. Did a couple of different searches and didn't see it listed already.

Someone at Weldon university found a series of messages stuck in books in the library. They are some sort of picture code. Have a go ATS, curiosity is going to drive me crazy on this! Also, the librarian is offering a $100 reward to whoever can solve it, but I'd just like to know what they say!
My first thought is maybe some sort of scavenger hunt type of game designed by some of the students?

Also, I am in no way saying this is some kind of big government conspiracy, just an interesting little mystery!

Secret Code News Article

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

Looks like someone is writing messages using wingdings. Red characters may indicate sentence endings.

Someone with the time could possibly use a character map to decipher.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The manner in which the strange symbols always manage to fill in the space from margin to margin tells me that it's not a legitimate communication. What are the chances that 15+ notes would all fit their messages perfectly into that space?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

It does not appear that those "wingding" symbols actually appear in a Wingdings character set.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Bassago

It does not appear that those "wingding" symbols actually appear in a Wingdings character set.

check out www.dafont.com and look in their dings section sure ive seen this before

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
My question is, if they are asking for help, why don't they give the url to the blog found on the back of all the envelopes?

Apparently on the blog it states that it's not a code and just "an art thing".

How are we supposed to know? Lol.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Down in the comments someone mentioned the table that is on one of the notes came from Ikea. I wonder if the vase and the picture frame does also. Maybe it's an IKEA marketing attempt to start a viral mystery that later brings them free advertising.

I took the assembly instruction comment as a joke because I don't have anything from IKEA to verify.

Ikea - table

edit on 30-3-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I'll have to explore this very interesting

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

It looks to me like some left over clues from some sort of sorority or fraternity treasure hunt or something along those lines.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
..a whole hundred bucks, eh?
librarians must be raking the dough in
uhh, i mean, thanks for posting

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by UNIT76

The guy just took a personal interest in it, and decided to offer a small reward. I think it's cool, it might encourage some of the students at his school to think and do a little research. It's not like he could have gotten school funding to offer a more substantial reward.

As far as other replies go:

I've been browsing lots of windings, haven't seen much of a match though.

I do wish the URL was provided, I had missed that bit of info the first time I read through it.

Also, I hate Ikea.
I bought an entertainment center from them, and I had to leave the house while my husband assembled it, because it was driving me crazy to watch the whole nightmarish assembly process. lol.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

don't mind me, i'm just an idiot
i sometimes use money to motivate people too

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

If anyone could figure out what the 'code' is about, it is definitely you...

I do think it would have helped if they knew the subject matter of a significant number of the books the 'notes' were found in...

new topics

top topics

join