It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Flushes the US Dollar: Russia’s Gold Ruble Payments System Delinked from Dollar

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

buster2010

MALBOSIA

crazyewok

Elliot
Hmmm. Didn't Mr Sadam Hussain stop selling oil using the petrodollar?

Don't think Mr Putin will be so easy to remove from power somehow.

All 'good things' must come to an end...........

As the Chinese say, 'May you live in interesting times.'

No one Invades Russia if they have any brain cells....no one....
edit on 30-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

I fully agree. Not even because occupations of foreign lands NEVER lasts, it is because Russians are Russians and their "Motherland" is a belief among them that will out spirit any religion, government or monetary system. They are similar to Canadians but more ancient and unburdened with pleasantries. I think it has to do with living above the 49th parallel. If you don't, you won't understand.

I wish Canada and Russia would team up. The rest of the world requires hand-outs to survive and should be placed according in order.

Seeing how much Canada relies on America for it's economy this will never happen. If America were to stop buying Canada's oil how long do you think it would take before Canada's economy would collapse?

We will have collapsed for about the amount off time it takes for the ink to dry on new deals with China and other parts of the world. The only reason we have not sold in mass to China already is because the US is tying our hands with a puppet PM. We have been detaching ourselves from the US steadily since 2008. People from all over the world are flocking here and in the next few years there will be more immigrants than Canadian born residence.

The US is doing nothing for us at the moment despite our patients and loyalty. Local sentiment is failing and Harper has not spoke for Canadians in some time Don't let his pro-American/Israel rhetoric fool you. He speaks only for himself
edit on 30-3-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

buster2010

MALBOSIA

TDawg61
And he huffed...and he puffed...but he couldn't blow the world's reserve currencies door down.And exactly who else is going to deal with rubles and damage their relations with the west?

Those in Europe and Asia that want food, water and energy? By "relation with the west" you mean extortion from the west. Right?

Can someone remind me what the US Israel and Britain are bringing to the table? What services do they offer the other 7/8 of the planet. I am scratching my head on this one.

You mean besides corn, soybeans and wheat? America leads the world in corn and soybeans and comes in third when it comes to wheat. What does Canada lead the world in maple syrup?

10 times the population and only 15% more grain export? Don't work too hard now boss.

China is the only country you import more from than Canada. The indexes do not even touch WATER. Go ahead and drain the great lakes. We got waaaay more where that came from.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

Agreed, Harper is a puppet.
Nobody likes him, and im amazed we haven't just ousted him. Guess thats just our canadian ways getting in the way.
He has destroyed what it means to be canadian,
Hopefully he doesn't bring the wrath of russia down on us with his big mouth and inflated ego

Anyway, If this is true then it wont be long before the failing economy will push us into a frenzy and we will demand a change. I think its almost common knowledge now that the banking system here is a scam. And if its not then i guess it will be up to us to teach people about it when the time comes.

Change is coming. Very fast. Its exciting.
edit on 30/3/14 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I am afraid that if it wasn't Harper it would be who ever we vote for that will only be attached to the same puppet masters of the Five Eyes group .I was disappointed to see all 3 parties parrot one another about the Russian invasion of Ukraine and stand with the Nazis that were installed in that coup ....There is something new taking place that is moving to a better political system but that will be years down the road ....peace I say we trade maple syrup and fiddle heads for Vodka ..lol

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

AzureSky

Agreed, Harper is a puppet.
Nobody likes him, and im amazed we haven't just ousted him. Guess thats just our canadian ways getting in the way.
He has destroyed what it means to be canadian,
Hopefully he doesn't bring the wrath of russia down on us with his big mouth and inflated ego

Well, by his own stance on Ukraine, a bunch of us should just march over to Ottawa and chase the MPs and PMO out of the building then announce YOUR AVATAR (LMAO) as the mew PM. And NATO will back us up. Right?

I am so embarrassed when I hear Harper or Baird speak about Russia. They were our friends...

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Russia making this move will start a domino effect, followed by B.R.I.C. also dropping USD as main currency used in buying/selling of Oil, which is the only thing propping up the USD......once USD as reserve currency for Oil goes out the window, welcome to the collapse, Great Depression 2.0

I think all these stupid sanctions by all the U.S. Puppets is simply because Russia is not part of 5 eyes, NWO. They are like the last hold outs, so they are under attack by all the illuminati....

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Neil DeGrasse Tyson for PM of Canada!!
Sold. I would vote for him hands down.

Hopefully we smarten up and gain an alliance with the BRICS or we might be trapped with the elites trying to screw us forever. It doesn't seem too appealing to me. Anyone wanna move with me to Sweden? haha

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
BRICS has been 'discussing' the dollar for a while now....

(from March 2012)

New Delhi - At a meeting of the world's 5 leading emerging economies, many issues were raised including stepping away from the Dollar as a reserve currency and reform of the IMF. Humanitarian aid to Syria was also discussed.

RT advises that the 4th BRICS summit wrapped up in India on Thursday. The world's 5 leading emerging economies were represented at the summit - Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.

Among the many subjects discussed by the leaders were the creation of an alternative global lender and dropping the U.S. Dollar as a reserve currency. The leaders believe that institutions like the IMF (International Monetary Fund) and the World Bank have now "outlived their usefulness" and the creation of a alternative global lender would be the way to go.

BRICS Summit 2012 — Dropping US dollar, IMF & aid to Syria

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

I share your frustration. Too bad Layton didn't make it to tje finish line before the cancer took him (Ill save you from my paranoid theory on that one) I think the banks would have had a hard time putting him under their thumb. He was principled. I cannot find the clip that shows him explaining that we never should have stopped borrowing from the Bank of Canada in '93(ish) in favour of commercial banks that keep the interest rather than put it back into the coffers. Total robbery. $160,000,000 a day problem. and nobody even looks at it.

I think Justin Trudeau HAD promise but I also the the banks are behind getting him elected to party leader because he is still young and a little out of balance which makes his destruction much easier that letting gain any more experience and public favour. I think the banks were behind getting 'please don't take my lunch money' Stephane Dion elected as liberal leader as well as 'I was in Canada once, I'll run for PM' Ignatieff. I don't know what technique that is called formally, but completely removing the Liberals from government, leaderless and placing the NDP as official opposition has been TOO good of an outcome for the Harper regime to not be a well planned operation.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

MALBOSIA
reply to post by the2ofusr1

I share your frustration. Too bad Layton didn't make it to tje finish line before the cancer took him (Ill save you from my paranoid theory on that one) I think the banks would have had a hard time putting him under their thumb. He was principled. I cannot find the clip that shows him explaining that we never should have stopped borrowing from the Bank of Canada in '93(ish) in favour of commercial banks that keep the interest rather than put it back into the coffers. Total robbery. $160,000,000 a day problem. and nobody even looks at it.

Its in the documentary "Oh canada, our bought and sold out land"

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

I can't find any main stream sources for this... Just wondering if your links
are reliable ones.

Maybe you could add a few more to beef up the story!

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

THAT'S THE ONE. Thank you my friend!! I am going to watch that one again right now with my lunch.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
How did this thread turn into one about Canada? lol

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sosobad

it's called the Ivan maneuver .. and it is becoming
a very common maneuver on ATS these days.
edit on Sun, 30 Mar 2014 15:21:02 -0500213America/ChicagoSunday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It all seems to lead back to this article on nasdaq

Putin Calls for Creation of Banking Payment System

Can't see it reported anywhere else yet.
edit on 30-3-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

sosobad
How did this thread turn into one about Canada? lol

My bad.

I am just a really proud Canadian and it urks me to death that we are threatening Russia. We are in the same position as them. Chalk full of resources and greatly undervalued. Both expected to do a weaker nations bidding only they have found the courage to say NO!

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I don't believe Russia has set this system in place yet, but a move away from the American dollar, more to strip it of its reserve currency status was always on the cards, specifically so after what the American financial market did to the world in 2008.

Western governments did not punish those financiers who brought about the global crash and caused millions around the world to lose their jobs, their homes, their savings and pensions. Those financiers not only walked away with their fortunes intact, but had their companies bailed out by tax payer money in the billions, and then paid themselves their bonuses amounting to around 3.9 billion dollars.

Other countries saw this and have decided to extricate their currencies and their economies from the dollar and petrodollar. It will be a slow process, but it will gain traction and speed. The American economy has been living on credit for decades while the rest of the world paid the credit bill...now the rest of the world is saying to America pay your own bills, but of course, it can't because it has no money, only credit propped up by the petrodollar. I believe in the coming year/s America will experience the same kind of hyperinflation to its economy that Germany did during the 1920s, because it has committed the same action Germany did back then, print and borrow money while the world paid for it by using the dollar as the world's reserve currency. As more and more countries turn from the dollar and the petrodollar, American credit reduces proportionately, and the American economy will inflate equally proportionately.

With a debt of 14.5 trillion dollars - 87% of GDP - you have little room for manoeuvre. American investors will equally panic and dump the becoming worthless dollar in order to save their personal fortunes...the question is, who will be stupid enough to take the dollar on? Watch JP Morgan, because that company has been behind the two crashes that have occurred to America and the world. America is being told that it will no longer be able to control the world's finance.

Obviously, other Western economies will take a hit, but they too, especially in Europe, will dump most business paid for with the dollar. America is about to become the spender that realises he can't get any more credit, and that he now not only has to pay for his own survival, but also has to pay the credit bill and debt for the last few decades that he lived as a high roller.

The meeting Kerry is having with his Russian counterpart is not simply to discuss the Ukraine crisis. It is for Kerry to beg Lavrov to give America more time before Russia dumps the dollar, because once Russia does dump the dollar, you will see a cascade of dumpings around the world.
edit on 30/3/14 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

MALBOSIA

TDawg61
And he huffed...and he puffed...but he couldn't blow the world's reserve currencies door down.And exactly who else is going to deal with rubles and damage their relations with the west?

Those in Europe and Asia that want food, water and energy? By "relation with the west" you mean extortion from the west. Right?

Can someone remind me what the US Israel and Britain are bringing to the table? What services do they offer the other 7/8 of the planet. I am scratching my head on this one.

About a thousand times more than Russia and China

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I had to click the links on the bottom of the OP's source to find out that (as far as I can tell) this is coming from ONE Russian bank in a show of support for a particular movement to curb the heat from Western sanctions. It doesn't sound like they are dumping the dollar everywhere. Sure they could do it but I'm not seeing anything telling me they are (because it'll hurt them as much as us). Are there any other sources on this other than "the center for research on globalization"?
edit on 30-3-2014 by Floydshayvious because: boop

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

If America were to stop buying Canada's oil how long do you think it would take before Canada's economy would collapse?

China has already bought major shares in Suncor...one of the two largest operators in the Canadian Oil patch....India would take Canada's oil and we'd sell it to them....as would many other nations.

Canada is a commodities based economy....it literally has every natural resource available to a country. In the short term, Canada would certainly hurt rather badly, as many nations would....however Canada, like Russia...has vast natural resources...this cannot be undervalued. They would recover quickly....whereas the US would not.

In the long term....breaking away from the US petrodollar would be of great benefit to world markets. It would break Wall St.'s hold on and manipulation of, every major market on earth.

edit on 30America/Chicagopm302014-03-30T16:17:34-05:00pmSunday03 by deadcalm because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join