It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intellectual study of some of the key areas that may or may not be tell tell.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

9ArchaBallet9
reply to post by Maigret

So your ability to believe which can be measure din depth by your ability to think has no connection to how intelligent you are?

And yet your ability to believe is only as deep as your thought process.

Huh!?!

I don't believe it is possible to properly determine how much thought went into a belief, because sometimes beliefs are based on nothing more than family or cultural tradition - or a particular mindset. For this, no intelligence at all would be required.

Other times, it's taken so much thought and life experience to get to an idea or belief, that unravelling that process, much less measuring it, is well nigh impossible.

And who gets to decide if it is a dumb or a clever idea / belief, and then how does that measure your lack of, or inherent, intelligence?

Most brilliant ideas sound very stupid initially (or vice versa)... until someone thinks about it, and then eventually most will believe it, or at least the results, but without necessarily going through the thought process. *L*

One example comes to mind, Stephen Hawking. Now this is a man with a high IQ who has used his intellect to dismiss the concept of heaven as a 'fairy tale'. I gather you say you can measure his intellect/IQ by the thought processes which went into his belief, but however much thought he put into it, he's wrong! I know/believe this because of experience; without much, if any, thinking being involved!

But many people will believe his conclusions because of his natural intelligence...

So while people in your a) category appear good and saintly, their effect is on the b) side. The trick is not to be fooled... and that takes common sense or 'street smarts', not necessarily intelligence.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

metalholic
reply to post by Maigret

I've known homosexuals who were outright evil, and some heterosexuals who were the nicest people.

You'd expect the other right?

*L* I don't know them all. But I should also say, I do know some really great heterosexuals too.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 9ArchaBallet9

P.S. If I could I would closely examine the original of that particular Bible verse against homosexuals, because I strongly suspect that 'paedophiles' would be a better translation. So I would be very slow to act on this verse in regard to homosexuals.

I know it sounds as though I'm trying to distort the Scriptures, but I knew and believed in the existence of our Creator, without any rational basis. My subsequent experiences confirmed that belief!

And I believe this same source is what convinces me of the belief above... I think! *L*

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I see a breakdown in logic, if Subject A's understanding where to be transposed to Subject B, then subject B would understand that homosexuality has its place in the universe and it isn't his purpose or responsibility to judge someone else for loving someone of the same sex. If Subject B were to act on his prior bigotry, he'd be a hypocrite and therefore not have the same learning and understanding as Subject A. I reason that if you gave Subject B the understanding and knowledge of Subject A, Subject B would become like Subject A.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

IMO, he was writing and drawing a Circle of protection / conjuration...as a back-up, just in case the stones started flying.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
I see a breakdown in logic, if Subject A's understanding where to be transposed to Subject B, then subject B would understand that homosexuality has its place in the universe and it isn't his purpose or responsibility to judge someone else for loving someone of the same sex. If Subject B were to act on his prior bigotry, he'd be a hypocrite and therefore not have the same learning and understanding as Subject A. I reason that if you gave Subject B the understanding and knowledge of Subject A, Subject B would become like Subject A.

Stop being intellectual! There's no place for that in this thread

I think the wording in the OP is confusing, allow me to give my Cliff's Notes version:

Christians are generally dumber and less aware of the world around them than new-agers are and that's a good thing because if Christians were just as aware and dedicated then we would have a billion serial killers running around the planet.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Goteborg

By disparaging something of which you clearly lack understanding about, you show that, in your case, your statement proves false.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Maigret

Didn't ancient Greeks believe that having relations with women were only good for making babies. And that men should sleep with younger boys to increase the youth's intelligence.

Now where does the bible come in? The bible is hodge podge of all beliefs. If your going to kill a child for being disruptive int he house hold ie stoning to death. I'm sure they thought it ok to get there jollies off.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The point here is some people would have you believe a reincarnated god would have to be against homosexuality. While others would be agaisnt it therefore. Any blue print to a walking god just leads to someone being wrong.

And since this is fact. The only way you would know it's god is through thought/sound.

If someone on the other side of the world makes a noise that partains to someone on the other side of the planet in some way shape or form.

That guy is god incarnate.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

They probably knew god got molested and everyone else knew it through subliminal programming ie sound. And since no one cared at the time of the event or the time of the unveiling. They thought it was acceptable.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

metalholic
reply to post by Maigret

Didn't ancient Greeks believe that having relations with women were only good for making babies. And that men should sleep with younger boys to increase the youth's intelligence.

Now where does the bible come in? The bible is hodge podge of all beliefs. If your going to kill a child for being disruptive int he house hold ie stoning to death. I'm sure they thought it ok to get there jollies off.

You're not sure where the Bible comes in, and I'm not sure where Greek beliefs come in. *L*

But does sleeping with younger boys actually increase their intelligence? I think not. My personal belief, having been abused myself, is that it is mentally damaging to children.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Goteborg

Maigret
I've known some heterosexuals to be outright evil, and some homosexuals who are the nicest people, so I am confused about the 'automatic' condemnation of one over the other.

Are you talking about in real life or are you talking about the scenario laid out in the OP?

I'm addressing both... the OP doesn't sound logical, unless you read the subtext. (But I'm not sure I'm getting the 'between the lines' right either.)

If it helps... I believe that God stamps our DNA (for want of a better way to express it) with knowledge of His existence, because I am more sure of His existence than I am of mine - which is irrational; being held for no rational or explicit reason. But I KNOW it.

I've seen this same trait in some homosexuals... and I'm sure God would not stamp knowledge of His existence within their very being, if He condemns them outright for their sexual identity, which He would already have been aware of at the time of imprinting.

And thanks for the question, Goteborg, as it forced me to clarify my own thinking...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Maigret

Bible says 2 men ought not lay together. I reckon the lord knew what he was talking about. I reckon the world works through male female union mmmhmm!

Someone studied on it quite a bit!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join