It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My apology to ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
When I first signed up I believed I was doing something right, I thought that ATS was the one place that promoted the needs of the many over the need of the few, and I felt this is the place I belonged.

But Then I turned to the dark side. I let my emotions and my keyboard cloud my judgment, and lashed out as the ones I would love to consider colleagues, and for that I am truly sorry. Key strokes don't accurately represent a persons feelings toward a certain subject, and these feelings can often be misconstrued.

Nevertheless, it is more important than ever to maintain the rage and maintain a passion for what we believe in-after all a heated discussion is still a discussion, and discussions can lead to compromises, and compromises can lead to agreements. Believe in this logic, I do.

However there is a line must be drawn-and while I’m not in a position to draw that line, we all know where it lies; between passion and common sense.

So once again I apologize. Call me what you will, I guarantee you I’ve been subjected to worse taunts. But know that my heart is in the right place despite the nonsense that I could post now and again.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm sorry too..... I'm sorry that I click on these attention seeking type of threads..

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

You didn't have to click on it.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

misscurious
I'm sorry too..... I'm sorry that I click on these attention seeking type of threads..

Exactly what I was going to say.

Like anyone cares about you or what you have typed out of the thousands of others. *vomit*

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

I let my emotions and my keyboard cloud my judgment, and lashed out as the ones I would love to consider colleagues, and for that I am truly sorry. Key strokes don't accurately represent a persons feelings toward a certain subject, and these feelings can often be misconstrued.

I could throw open my window and apologize to the world but I doubt they would hear me from here.

You are saving face without eating crow. Thats one reason we have private messages. Its between you and them.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

You may want to get a check up, if my post made you physically ill then you may have a problem. it's better to be safe then sorry, you could have intestinal polyps for all you know.

I'm being sarcastic, I'm sure you're fine.

edit on 29-3-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Sorry but you pissed me off one time too many! I can not forgive you. I wish I could but it's too late.

Perhaps you should think before you type.

I'm only joking.
I have no idea what you said but I wouldn't sweat it. Some of the freaks on this site get pissed off at the littlest thing.

Take it easy.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Typical liberal claptrap. The needs of the many DO NOT outweigh the needs of the few or more importantly the one. Your "need" does not give you the right to steal from another or to hire governmental thugs to do the stealing for you.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Is this about the thread

US talking to India, China to isolate Russia

Don't see any need to apologize as you were simply expressing your opinion. Expressing our opinion should never get us personally attacked, but on ATS it often does.

I believe I might understand what you meant?

The US is often shouting about human rights and violations, but when they want something they don't seem to mind dealing with those whom they have in the past considered beneath them.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
One thing to consider in the wild and woolly world of the Internets is to never take it personally, and remember that this place translates emotions poorly. Just because you may feel that someone (even yourself) is projecting a certain emotion doesn't mean that others are picking it up that way. Most of the time, the emotions we perceive our really our own projection. So, if something is making you feel enraged/angry ... take a step back and consider why you feel that way. Is it that someone was typing angry things or is it that you are projecting your own anger into those things?

And try never to respond with that anger. It will never be productive. If you can't manage that, then leave that thread. It's my best advice to avoid this kind of thread later.

Dispassion is the best way to have productive discussion.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Thecakeisalie
When I first signed up I believed I was doing something right, I thought that ATS was the one place that promoted the needs of the many over the need of the few, and I felt this is the place I belonged.

But Then I turned to the dark side. I let my emotions and my keyboard cloud my judgment, and lashed out as the ones I would love to consider colleagues, and for that I am truly sorry. Key strokes don't accurately represent a persons feelings toward a certain subject, and these feelings can often be misconstrued.

Nevertheless, it is more important than ever to maintain the rage and maintain a passion for what we believe in-after all a heated discussion is still a discussion, and discussions can lead to compromises, and compromises can lead to agreements. Believe in this logic, I do.

However there is a line must be drawn-and while I’m not in a position to draw that line, we all know where it lies; between passion and common sense.

So once again I apologize. Call me what you will, I guarantee you I’ve been subjected to worse taunts. But know that my heart is in the right place despite the nonsense that I could post now and again.

We've all been there cake

No need to sweat it, passion sometimes gets the better of us, it's no biggie, I've had some humdingers LOL

I'm sorry too..... I'm sorry that I click on these attention seeking type of threads.

That's a tad rough IMHO, the guys trying to say sorry and you kick him in the nuts, not very sporting.

Just be true to you and carry on

Cody

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Why apologize? ATS is a mudpit of differing opinions, ideologies and agendas. It's entertainment and not to be taken seriously. Expression within the T&C, no need to be apologetic especially from "people Like You"

ATS is the ultimate diversion when we should be working.
edit on 29-3-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Im reading all the negative replies here to your intent with this thread...and if youre serious...I get it...and I see where youre trying to come from now. And its all good.

It takes all kinds of flavors in an ice cream store...and more than few different colors of crayons in a box of them.

If youre meaning well...great! C ya...Best MS

PS No need to "apologize". "Explain", yes perhaps. "Apologize?" No....not necessary

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: ps

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Just be true to you and carry on

Well said but it can be hard when an "opinion" that you express, causes "personal" attack and response. Very sad that people feel the need to do this. Very disappointing when people we have come to appreciate or respect do this especially.
The subject is open for all to express what they think or feel, people are not there as personal targets of others because of their thoughts on a subject.

Well that was my rany

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

We've both been here long enough to know the difference between personal attacks and considered debate, the attacks you ignore, the debates you enjoy.

It just takes experience and a bloody thick skin at times

Cody

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Jefferton

misscurious

Exactly what I was going to say.

Like anyone cares about you or what you have typed out of the thousands of others. *vomit*

But we do care about what YOU have to say about it...
Thank you

Peace

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Thecakeisalie

Too many years to recollect "why" I signed up. Doesn't matter.

Thecakeisalie

Too many people draw emotions from text and that emotional sense is created by the reader. Text just happens to be in a Gray Area and always up for emotional interpretation. So, it's always going to be misconstrued along the line.

If you've got to apologize for speaking your beliefs to these "would love to consider colleagues", then you're essentially questioning your beliefs at this point. Argue your points the best you can, and if they've got holes, there's no shame in patching. Pointless to apologize to people you'll never meet face to face.

Thecakeisalie

Why can't I get nasty taunts or messages here? Seriously. There's nothing more funny than ragemail, and if it's worthy enough I save it. I envy you (just for this)

edit on 29-3-2014 by QuantumDeath because: Fix

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

cody599
reply to post by Char-Lee

We've both been here long enough to know the difference between personal attacks and considered debate, the attacks you ignore, the debates you enjoy.

It just takes experience and a bloody thick skin at times

Cody

Of course you are completely correct, but I would like to point out to people. We are not all the same. There is a reason for the is rules.

Some people are more vulnerable to personal attack due to circumstances the rest would never understand. I am sure harsh direct cruel words have sent more than one to suicide.

There is no purpose served by cruelty nor any form of personal attack, we should all... thick skin or thin be allowed to participate and have our opinions expressed without fear of PERSONAL attack. Disagreement with a person's viewpoint can surely be expressed without aiming at the person.

Hating on people for not being thick skinned is also just plain wrong, some of the greatest people we have benefited from throughout history were sensitive people.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Thecakeisalie
reply to post by misscurious

You didn't have to click on it.

That was a test ... to see if your apology was sincere. LOL

new topics

top topics

join