It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOVE is the biggest deception:

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
can't access the thread's pages... ATS has glitches...

Solved.
edit on 30-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I have no idea what situation you got into and made you think like that, but it is not true.

Love is all that keep us going, in a moral way. Without love, what do you have? People who uses love to destroy someone didn't truly loved that someone. They faked it, and you cannot blame love for what that person did.

When you love someone, and that someone broke your heart, you know how that feels, and you will never do such a thing to anyone. However, that person who broke your heart didn't knew love, and didn't knew how it felt to love someone and be deceived; so, she will do the same again and again.

Pray tell me: what keeps you alive, if you do not love? Why do you live, if you're forever gonna banish love from your life and the life of others. How could humanity ever live with one another, and with Earth, if love wouldn't exist?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

swanne
But love is not a currency. It's what makes us, as a specie, trust each other (trust is derived from love), create masterpieces (art is derived from love), evolve (inquiry for a science field is motivated by love for this said science field). Love is not an accessory to life - it is life.

Try explaining that love is not a currency to a deceived Husband or Wife that loses everything they have ever worked for because the Person they loved and trusted has lied to them or had an affair? That is deception at an individual level.

Love is an investment, a devotion of time and energy.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

starheart
Love is all that keep us going, in a moral way. Without love, what do you have?

It is perhaps a basis for you to live your life. I am not saying LOVE doesn't exist. It does.

Pray tell me: what keeps you alive, if you do not love? Why do you live, if you're forever gonna banish love from your life and the life of others. How could humanity ever live with one another, and with Earth, if love wouldn't exist?

I have not banished love from my life. I have love and I express it. The point I tried to make was that, just because I am loving and full of well wishes and good intentions doesn't mean the receiver automatically feels the same or is the same as me.

Different cultures... I was very shocked to discover that a Person of a different culture has an underlying 'hatred for' me and my Family just because I am/we are not the same Nationality.
I welcomed that Person into our home and lives and never considered these things for seven years!!

I am very angry about it, but it is a lesson learnt. God restrains me because my Daughter was engaged to this Person and his Family think less of us because we are not Asian. His Mother will not look me in the eye... so lesson learnt and it was painful, not only for me, but for my Daughter.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Is that what happened to you? You trusted someone, and she/he has betrayed you; and now you feel that there is no point into investing all that love again, it'll take too much energy and time to build back from the ashes?

I'll tell you something. Love is a phoenix. It's a fire which can sleep but never destroyed. It's a force, and even in the most remote places in the universe, a force never reaches absolute zero. Even when we (humans) war, we still love - for we love the reason behind the war, that's why we war in the first place.

A loss is tragic. But it tells you how to make things better next time. I've suffered once the loss of all my friends, and an intimate relationship, all at the same time. It made me bitter for decades. My mind was blown into ashes.

But eventually, the phoenix rose back up from the ashes. Now I realized that instead of loving just a couple of people, I could try and love ALL of the people, and that's why I'm now a pacifist. See, I can't lose the whole of the world! - unless I happen to be in the unrealistic position of being on some extraterrestrial locations. Love is what allows you to never make the same mistake twice.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Thurisaz
I was very shocked to discover that a Person of a different culture has an underlying 'hatred for' me and my Family just because I am/we are not the same Nationality.

Hm. Can't you show this racist family that their hatred is unjustified?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

It isn't really a betrayal of trust, it is the revelation of the truth. I don't care about Nationalities... I greet and welcome People of all cultures and I don't have any underlying racist beliefs. Those factors have never entered my head and when I found out the truth, I was shocked.

I don't want my Daughter to have a relationship with another Asian. I now sound racist and that is terrible. I don't want her to be hurt or used ever again.

Can you imagine how horrible it is to sit and have dinner with People who think less of you because you are not from the same culture?

While she was going out with him, they were still waiting for Residency. It never entered my head that they would use her but they did. A requirement of their application was that they needed to have a business and employ an Australian and that was my Daughter.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

yes I can via Administrative Law and the Australian Tax Office. The pen is mightier than the sword.

By the time I have finished with them... their Residency will be revoked and they will return to China.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Thurisaz
I don't want her to be hurt or used ever again.

Why? Because you invested love in her, and I am sure, as a parent, that you will never stop this investment. Thus love cannot be the biggest deception - it's a force greater than anything else.

Can you imagine how horrible it is to sit and have dinner with People who think less of you because you are not from the same culture?

I can; and indeed something must be done about it. Is there absolutely no way you can prove this asian family that their distain is unjustified, that they are making the wrong ideas about you guys?

While she was going out with him, they were still waiting for Residency. It never entered my head that they would use her but they did. A requirement of their application was that they needed to have a business and employ an Australian and that was my Daughter.

Okay, that's just weird. Hm, Can't they settle for another Asian to do the job? Why does it has to be an Australian?? Who set this silly requirement?

Seems like an judiciary issue.

yes I can via Administrative Law and the Australian Tax Office. The pen is mightier than the sword.

By the time I have finished with them... their Residency will be revoked and they will return to China.

So you got the Law on your side. At least that's a plus, although they can be a bit slow here in Canada, I hope they are a bit quicker in the other side of the Globe.

edit on 31-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

I hesitate because it is not the children's fault. The Parents are old school and they have their beliefs. I know their Son loves my Daughter but the barrier is his Mother.

And as he is the eldest of all the children, he has so much responsibility and pressure. That is part of their culture. I just have to let this go. There is plenty I could do, but it will hurt the kids and they are innocent. His Parents are old school and that probably isn't their fault either.

It is a shock and I guess that is why I am reeling.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Thurisaz
reply to post by swanne

I hesitate because it is not the children's fault. The Parents are old school and they have their beliefs. I know their Son loves my Daughter but the barrier is his Mother.

And as he is the eldest of all the children, he has so much responsibility and pressure. That is part of their culture. I just have to let this go. There is plenty I could do, but it will hurt the kids and they are innocent. His Parents are old school and that probably isn't their fault either.

Damn. So it's a bit complicated. Well, quite complicated. No one's fault means the Law can't really do anything. The only approach is psychological. How is the Mother, other than old school? Does she has passions, anything which could be used to loosen her position a bit?

It is a shock and I guess that is why I am reeling.

You have a very good reason.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

I could do a lot but I hesitate and that is the truth. If I lower myself and get revenge, then what do I become? I would be worse then his Mother. She can't help her racist beliefs.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Thurisaz
She can't help her racist beliefs.

We all can.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Thurisaz
reply to post by swanne

I could do a lot but I hesitate and that is the truth. If I lower myself and get revenge, then what do I become? I would be worse then his Mother. She can't help her racist beliefs.

Do you mind if I tell you a story of what happened to me and to my son? It has nothing to do with racist issues but it is similar in a way.......

Back in the day I dated a guy I was truly in love with. His mother thought we were too young and too serious and she convinced him to see other girls. I could see something was wrong and he didn't call anymore. I didn't know why or what happened to our perfect world. Rather than fight to keep him I chose to let him leave I loved him enough to let him do what he felt best. If he didn't love me anymore then why would I want to keep someone with me that didn't want me anymore. That was my thinking of the entire situation. I ended up getting married to a guy that didn't love anyone but himself. My boy friend ended up doing drugs and drinking. Two years later I ran into his mother at the grocery store and I asked how she was doing. She came up to me and said "I am so sorry! I'm looking at her wondering what she was sorry for? She then said "I destroyed your life and my son's life". I asked her how she did that? She said "I'm the one that convinced _________ to break up with you. I thought you guys were too young and too serious so I was the one that convinced him that he needed to date other people. By doing that I destroyed his life and yours. I now see that you two were really meant for each other, and you were the best thing for him and I destroyed that. I am so sorry I ruined both your lives. She asked me to forgive her and I did.

"The same thing also happened to my son I was watching his life fall apart because of her mother interfering in their lives. I told my son how painful it was to be watching him go through the same thing I went through. I tried like crazy to stop it from happening but there was nothing I could do. My son's life was destroyed and so was his girlfriends. They both are living unhappy lives and been through many heart breaks searching for someone that was like there first.

If your daughter and her boyfriend were truly in love his life will spiral down hill and the relationship with his mother will go down hill as a result. There's no need for revenge, they will see the results of their actions.

My boyfriend and my son's girl friend never forgave their mothers for interfering in their lives and ruining the one relationship they were happy in.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Love breeds love, and hate breeds hate. Then you have those who are just born evil. In my opinion anyway. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

SheopleNation
Love breeds love, and hate breeds hate. Then you have those who are just born evil. In my opinion anyway. ~$heopleNation

Hey!

Don't add us to your Opinion's!

Evil can never be Born! Created, YES!

Peace

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
If you need an explanation of emotions, here you go. pleasure is caused by cells reproducing via food or rest or procreation or light exercise (such as walking that improves bloodflow) or the removal or pain or that which is known to Realistically possibly cause food or rest or procreation or light exercise or the removal of pain because the body and mind think in terms of causes (for instance food is experienced as pleasure long before turning into cells and energy). pain is the dying of cells or pain or hunger or fatigue or sexual arousal or adrenaline rush or crying or heavy exercise or Removal of pleasure or anything known to realistically possibly cause pain or hunger or fatigue or heavy exercise or sexual arousal or adrenaline rush or crying or the removal of pleasure. Laughter is caused by one pleasure and one pain both causing each other (Laughter is caused by 2 things, one normally pleasure, one normally pain, in joke context the pleasure causes the pain and the pain causes the pleasure). the reaction of laughter is an inability to distinguish between pain and pleasure.pain impairs judgement. Anger is when a source of pain is experiencing pleasure.Crying is a response to pain, see definition of pain above. Smiling while crying increases tears.Frowning on purpose while experiencing comedy increases comedic effect. The mind and body reward good and punish bad via pain and pleasure. Society often tricks people by rewarding bad and punishing good. The goal of all activity is to cure pains with Pleasure. People "love" pleasure and "hate" pain. People love other people because of mutual pleasures and pains they share and teaming up is seen as increasing chances of pleasure/survival (even blind ants surround the queen and hold hands to protect her) Repetition or Transcription or rhyming makes things easier to remember. Comparisons, metaphors, parables, etcetera etcetera are mental tricks. Hypnosis trance does not exist but Talking to someone attractive in a soft, soothing and reassuring voice as some mothers talk to a baby relaxes people.
Based on sigmund freud's pleasure principle. Not supressed by tptb just anti evolution religious people.

edit on 31-3-2014 by mattsawaufo because: elaboration.

edit on 31-3-2014 by mattsawaufo because: typo.

edit on 31-3-2014 by mattsawaufo because: typo.

edit on 31-3-2014 by mattsawaufo because: inclusive wording added.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Thurisaz
Love is an investment, a devotion of time and energy.

This is where the problem stems from. You are equating love with an investment. Unlike most "humanitarian" acts that some nations display (listen to John Perkins interviews or read his books to understand the politics behind humanitarian aids), Love is never an investment. It is given without expecting anything in return, but only the joy of loving and caring, seeing the smiles and happiness that it brings.
You can't blame someone else for your hurt...worse, an entire race! There is a lot here that tells you more about yourself than about others who "cause" you that hurt.

edit on 1-4-2014 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

infoseeker26754
Hey!

Hey you! How are you doing infoseeker?

Don't add us to your Opinion's!

I made it perfectly clear that it was just my opinion. Let me know if that was a sarcastic response or not my friend, just so I can respond accordingly ok?

Evil can never be Born! Created, YES!

Wrong, People are born different all the time. Not all evil, but different, so I disagree. That would be like claiming that some of us can't be born mentally ill, retarded or gay. Just as millions of Evil human beings are born every single day.

Then we have those that parents and society turn evil, but the mentally ill I personally believe are born that way, separate issue.

Peace

I wish the same to you. Also to those who you love, and those who you care about. ~$heopleNation
edit on 1-4-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I want to think all is love. I want to believe in an after-life or a God. But everytime I'm about to attempt to cross the stream, immediately I'm made aware again of the other things. The OP mentioned them: food, water, shelter, medical care, etc. Then I'm slung back far away from the stream. I'm reminded about the harsh realities around us. If all is love then why're we here? Why do we have to be experiencing so much pain and loss? Is pain and loss required to love? Is love like a lady who bites you everytime she kisses you? To live we must also die? No, maybe there's no overriding rule. There's not a purpose. There's just a lot of things: love, hate, jealousy, peace, war, logic, illogic, knowledge, ignorance, etc.

I"m still looking for that one truth to pull everything together and to put my mind at peace. I guess I'm looking for what I had when I was a christian. It's hard to find that same sense of purpose without the all powerful God. I've read people steeped in science can find purpose in it. Perhaps when they learn about all the species and how dna persists and the immensity of the universe they get a sense we're part of something grander. From my perspective, all I see is a very complex system. it's interesting and even amazing, but it's just a system: it's rules, it's dynamics.

Science says we're the universe becoming aware of itself. If that's true, we're all the universe, right? We're just different parts of the same whole.

Why so much disease and disaster and death, though? I realize it's not ALL disease and disaster and death. BUT it does seem any heaven has to have a hell. It's just like a said earlier: If she kisses you then she must bite you.
edit on 1-4-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join