It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cardioverter Defibrillator implant

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Yes, it's not pleasant at all and decidedly unsettling. I've experienced that twice. Once when I was around 11 years old and was nervous before a school speech contest, and once in hospital during a cardiac cathaterisation when I was 15. I have Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome and experience palpitations every so often. The medication they gave me when I was younger they later found out made it worse! Anyway, now I can manage it and luckily it doesn't hold me back from anything. Good luck to you and all the best
reply to post by aorAki

Thanks for the information and sharing your personal story with us all.

You are correct it is not a pleasant feeling at all, just last week they did an angiogram on me and I was prepared to have some issues but none happened thank god.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This might be a tad off topic, but today I started writing thank you notes to the first responders and the hospital staff that tended to me in my moment of need.

I had to ask my wife (YogaGinns) what actually happened in our kitchen that morning.
Two firemen arrived first with oxygen witch I was begging for and received......but from my vantage point I only saw one set of boots and a gloved hand reaching down to secure the air tank to my face.

Next was the 3 EMT's and by this time I am almost gone, the room seemed dim and conversation meant nothing to me.
I did ask that they keep me elevated so I don't drown, then nothing......
The wife says they asked for a list of my meds and she started to comply with the request and all of a sudden the one Medic says we can't wait .

They lifted me up sans gurney and dropped me in the ambulance, I kid you not I believed that they wheeled me out to the ambulance but that is not the case.

I believe I was basically dead during that time as I have no memory of that happening.
Then it was the guy screaming at me as I have posted earlier.......I remember thinking they better get rolling to the hospital as the snow was quite heavy......this was in our dirveway......it seemed like seconds and we were there......missing time again and the zap.

Also there was police involved and in our home as the neighbours say......funny thing is even the wife remembers no police at all but it was a very tense time.

What a long strange trip its been!

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Odd, you didn't bother asking the doctors what you have, or what caused it? They obviously should've told you in the very least. And you didn't bother asking information from the doctors about the cardio-converter (pace-maker)? They don't just install one, and send you home without telling you about it. Nor would they send you home leaving you "guessing" what happened to you. What kind of arrhythmia did the doctors say you had? And what caused it? Did they say your blood tests came back normal? What did your EKG read?
edit on 31-3-2014 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Iwinder
reply to post by Danbones

The wife agrees with you Dan, she teaches Yoga and she has many plans for me and none will be pleasant:-)

Regards, Iwinder

not so fast IWinder
i may have forgot cocoa on my little list...

did i mention cocoa reduces blood pressure?
it works way cool...
see you make a big mug full of nice hot cocoa...
and you give it to the wife....
while she is enjoying that ...you like...sneak the remote ....pick your favorite show
hog the couch blanket ....curl up in the corner..and chillax...

if that doesn't work, next time... drink it yourself

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kromlech

I have a long history of cardiomyopathy and after 20 years of this my doctors have a good idea of what is going on.

You raise valid points and I thank you for doing so, I don't know if you read the whole thread but they did change all my meds and I mean all of them and now its a whole new game at the moment.

I almost died 20 years ago and now its a whole new game but with different rules.
ask away and I will try to answer as best I can.
Regards, Iwinder

edit on 31-3-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

What did your EKG read?
reply to post by Kromlech

My heart was going so fast the EKG showed a flat bar instead of a flat line.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Iwinder,

I am very glad to hear that you are still with us and doing better!

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Danbones

Iwinder

The wife agrees with you Dan, she teaches Yoga and she has many plans for me and none will be pleasant:-)

Regards, Iwinder

not so fast IWinder
i may have forgot cocoa on my little list...

did i mention cocoa reduces blood pressure?
it works way cool...
see you make a big mug full of nice hot cocoa...
and you give it to the wife....
while she is enjoying that ...you like...sneak the remote ....pick your favorite show
hog the couch blanket ....curl up in the corner..and chillax...

if that doesn't work, next time... drink it yourself

Thanks for the Laugh and I mean Laughing .

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

palmalBlue2
Iwinder,

I am very glad to hear that you are still with us and doing better!

Thanks and I mean that, much appreciated:-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Kromlech
Odd, you didn't bother asking the doctors what you have, or what caused it? They obviously should've told you in the very least. And you didn't bother asking information from the doctors about the cardio-converter (pace-maker)? They don't just install one, and send you home without telling you about it. Nor would they send you home leaving you "guessing" what happened to you. What kind of arrhythmia did the doctors say you had? And what caused it? Did they say your blood tests came back normal? What did your EKG read?

Just to clarify, when you are really sick they do things really fast without questions.

Case in point I had heart surgery In London Ontario on a Tuesday and I was taken there in an ambulance with 3 EMT's and a Cardiac Nurse with the zapper box.
110 km trip with the lights and sirens.

Five hours later back to my home town with the same deal above.

The following Thursday ( two days later) Off I go again with the same crew and the same destination for surgery agian.

Two heart surgery's in three days out of town and back......
The idea was to save my life and there will time for questions later.

I had a V-Tach attack so there you go.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 31-3-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

twas me and it might be... id be taking a touch of cayenne on the tongue, and drinking mistletoe tea...maybe some hawthorn...garlic (buffered) beet roots, celery...

Hi Danbones

I will look into your suggestions above as there is much merit to natural medicines and herbal remedies. I have begun studying Ayurveda (which is the Chinese Medicine of India) and the sister science to yoga. Only wish I was further along in the program and had more knowledge. There is so much that can be done to improve our health simply by the foods we choose to eat. I am also a believer in crystal healing and colour therapy, only wish I had started learning this stuff at a younger age.

I did know about cocoa and the soothing effects it has, certainly the handful of marshmallows (white puffy things not the root version) that I add negate any of its benefits. Would be very interested in other suggestions you may have. I am a big user of Turmeric and Cinnamon, Cardamon & Cumin when cooking. Much rather take my medicine with a fork whenever possible. Thanks for information.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

V tach is ventricular tachycardia. It's when the heart beat starts at bottom part (the ventricles) of your heart, rather than the top, so to speak. It is one of the "deadly" rhythms and often leads to ventricular fibrillation and cardiac arrest. The defib will quickly take care of this for you, should it occur again. It's amazing what modern medicine can do for the heart.

Here is some info: V Tach.

Continue to rest and take it easy and keep an eye on that insertion site. You might just be the "swelly" type, so it may take a bit for the edema to go away completely.

Take care!

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Kromlech

Odd, this post is. What is the point?

He pretty much explains this as the thread goes on...Maybe you should read it and then share your questions, not opinion.

One doesn't usually comprehend much when their heart is beating at 240 bpm with very little cardiac output, nor should they be expected too. Sheesh.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

V tach is ventricular tachycardia. It's when the heart beat starts at bottom part (the ventricles) of your heart, rather than the top, so to speak. It is one of the "deadly" rhythms and often leads to ventricular fibrillation and cardiac arrest. The defib will quickly take care of this for you, should it occur again. It's amazing what modern medicine can do for the heart. Here is some info: V Tach. Continue to rest and take it easy and keep an eye on that insertion site. You might just be the "swelly" type, so it may take a bit for the edema to go away completely. Take care!
reply to post by lovebeck

Lovebeck thanks for your informative posts and the link above that is quite informative.
I don't feel so "swelly" :-) right now but seriously it is going down day by day, I still have a yellow bruise that runs from my collar bone to almost my navel but it is fading now.

Tomorrow is another doc appointment and the last of the bandages come off, so that should help things mentally anyways.
Hopefully my chest hair grows back soon, I am a hairy bugger and what is left on the front of me looks like mange.....LOL . Little patches of fur that somehow evaded the razors and the hundreds of sticky pads they applied.

I just thought of it, this all started 3 weeks ago today and looking back I sure as heck feel much better now.
Thanks once again for your insightful posts.

Regards,Iwinder & YogaGinns
ETA is the link that Lovebeck posted above.....
www.nlm.nih.gov...
edit on 2-4-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Glad to hear that you're alright.

Agreeing with some of the above comments I have to say that to me this sounds like SVT rather than AFib as someone initially said.

240 is pretty high... the highest I've ever seen is 280...

The shock you received, while probably unpleasant was definitely the right choice because the human body can't sustain that for very long. Remember that in between beats the heart is refilling with blood. That works fine when you've got a rate of 60 or even 90. But in the 200s? The heart doesn't have enough time to refill. They had to get you out of that rhythm, period.

240 is ok for a cat... not humans

Regarding the noise you say you heard when being shocked... I don't doubt it. It doesn't make any noise for those around you, but for a person who is getting that kind of jolt delivered to them all sorts of things are going on in the body, so it wouldn't surprise me if you heard something. There could be plenty of reasons for that.

As far as your chest hair goes, good luck with that. In most cases it does grow back, but I have seen instances where the spots that had the glue remain bare for quite some time. Who cares though. The main thing is that you're still with us. If anyone wants to know why you have some bare spots you can tell them that the inhabitants of Nibiru have been using you as a practice canvas for crop circles.

Sounds like you're doing well now, and like everyone said above, the implanted devices have come a long way over the years and are pretty darned good now so stay strong and keep up with the recovery.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Thanks for your post, After the second week in the cardio ward they did inform the wife that it was indeed a V Tach and with my existing condition nothing could be worse for me....( The perfect storm)

They did not tell me at the time nor did the wife, they didn't want me getting all geared up about it and setting off some alarms.

Actually after reading up on it and posts like yours I cannot believe that I was not out cold for most of that half hour, mind you lots of information I have posted came second hand from my wife who filled in a lot of blanks for me.

As far as your chest hair goes, good luck with that. In most cases it does grow back, but I have seen instances where the spots that had the glue remain bare for quite some time. Who cares though. The main thing is that you're still with us. If anyone wants to know why you have some bare spots you can tell them that the inhabitants of Nibiru have been using you as a practice canvas for crop circles.

Very funny post above, thanks for the big laugh......We have pictures and maybe I could do a thread on that Nibiru angle?
Maybe contact the "National Enquirer" and make front page:-)

Thanks for the well wishes too!

Regards, Iwinder & YogaGinns

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I think I might of been zapped Sunday night while sleeping, I woke up in mid scream and my left arm was buzzing like mad.
Reported it to the Hospital and we go back this Thursday to have some scans/tests run.
As far as I understand it this thing is set to stop a rapid runaway heart rate, yet I have never suffered one at night as far as I know.

It might be related to the Narcotics I received that day at our local hospital.
I was there about ten hours getting an infection of the lower intestine sorted out and they gave me three shots of morphine during the day over a 10 hour period.

Sent me home with some Oxycodone 325 mgs, and I took one that night so I could hopefully sleep.
It might be related to that or it might not have even zapped me but I am pretty sure it did.

Interesting though that the probable cause of the infection was my inactivity for the past month, 2 weeks in a hospital bed, then two weeks at home and told not to do anything but take a few short walks around the house and avoid stairs.

Anyways we will find out on Thursday morning and seems a long way off at the moment.:-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

What a scary story. So glad you made it through.

Interestingly my brother in law had a heart event... 15 years of chemo (cancer free for the last years) damaged his heart.

He was in the hospital all of March, 4 weeks.

They installed one of these difibulators like you have.

It is now April and he is skiing and golfing. Hasn't felt better in many years.

He is also on Liposomal Vitamin C.

It helped in his healing.
It's helping heal his heart.
It's helping with his sleeping (he previously had a terrible time getting to sleep)
His aches and pains are gone.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Julie Washington
reply to post by Iwinder

What a scary story. So glad you made it through.

Interestingly my brother in law had a heart event... 15 years of chemo (cancer free for the last years) damaged his heart.

He was in the hospital all of March, 4 weeks.

They installed one of these difibulators like you have.

It is now April and he is skiing and golfing. Hasn't felt better in many years.

He is also on Liposomal Vitamin C.

It helped in his healing.
It's helping heal his heart.
It's helping with his sleeping (he previously had a terrible time getting to sleep)
His aches and pains are gone.

Hi Julie, very glad that you posted your story and we hope your brother does well,
He must be enjoying life at this moment as I am, right now I am dealing with numerous doctor appointments in and out of town so its been very hectic to say the least.
You are correct, I cannot sleep for the life of me at this time and when I do fall asleep as soon as I move I wake up.

I have had a bad heart for the past twenty years, and this recent episode just added fuel to the fire,
We have looked at the "Vitamine C" angle and agree with you.

Thanks for your positive post and say Hiya to your brother in law for us:-)
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

I assume you mean this thread?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Very good information to be found there and I thank you for reminding me and the wife and all members of the above.

Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join