It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Attack on Day Care in Kabul Leads to Fatal Mistake for the Taliban

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Have you ever played "telephone" in a classroom of kids? The original message is always garbled. Sometimes due to intentional manipulation. After 911, WMD, Humanitarian Intervention, The War on Terror, ad infinitum I don't believe anything I read anymore. I believe they will lie to us always even about things they don't have to.

Yes, they lie. This is something most people have been aware of. However, I don't automatically discount something just because "they" said it. If there is plenty to support their argument, then their argument is valid.

People haven't seen the world from my eyes. I grew up during the Vietnam war. All the lies they use to justify the current wave of conquering they used back then as well. The enemy is always an evil, child killing, religious zealot, the reasons for intervention (invasion) always necessary and humanitarian. The conflict protracted and against some small extremist group that needs to be stomped but somehow is never defeated.

I don't argue that both the Afghan and Iraq wars were pointless and a waste of time and resources. And I am against any intervention of any sort unless we are in danger. It doesn't change the fact that the Taliban is a bunch of bigoted, soulless, murdering pigs. This can be verified independently. Just because I do not agree with a war, does not mean I automatically support the other side. Even though our reasons for getting involved in conflicts have been shifty, and fueled by BS claims and reasons, the entities that we have attacked have never been benevolent in the first place.

I know what reports of the "enemy" and "brutality" and "riding to the rescue" are really about. We have been led to believe all these things because of the way we have been taught.

You, maybe. I go by my own experience in the Middle East, as well as the reports and experience of people I know who have been there. I don't believe we rode to the rescue. But the Taliban really is a brutal, bloodthirsty, destructive force for barbarism.

Some people want to compartmentalize and believe some of the things they are told and discard others. I am not that jaded. I don't believe anything they say. Its that response on my part that prompts people to defend the Paradigm which they have embellished all their lives.

Actually, you fit the very definition of jaded. Discarding everything blindly is not the method of anyone seeking truth.

Kind of like Plato's Cave if you are familiar. There is no truth there just shadows dancing on a wall. We get the most arduous response when it involves children. The controllers know this. Thats why they turned an attack against innocuous sounding "contractors'" into the evilest thing on earth. Child abuse. Everyone can get behind that.

I do not care if those kids were children of contractors, villager, foreigners, aliens, or the Elder gods. They were kids. They can't fight back. The Taliban frequently murders people who can't fight back. If they were in any way, shape, or form legit, they would stick with guerrilla warfare against the armed forces there.

As you might be able to tell from responses towards me in this thread, every time I defend their right to defend their country I am labeled with increasingly hateful responses by people that claim they are also humane.

The Taliban are not "defending" Afghanistan any more than NATO is "liberating" it. Afghanis hate having US forces there, this is true. They want them to go home. I want them to go home. However, Afghanis hate the Taliban just as much, and don't want them around, either.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

crucified
Muslims are your friends!
just kidding by the way

Let us not judge a whole religion on the action of one sect.

That's like judging whole Christianity on the actions of the Branch Davidian's or those funeral protesting freaks in Florida.

Every religion had a mentality retarded, in bred, child bride, women hating branch. Islam has the Taliban.

Im not glad that those Taliban died, but they knew what they were doing. I'm glad that no kids got killed by those religious nut-jobs.

(post by TheAllOne removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Lessons I learned from this thread.

1) It is okay to bomb other countries from the stratosphere and kill their kids ( by "accident"), just not for anyone to kill ours back intentionally.

2) No, it is not okay to invade other countries but since we are there the "enemy" must behave according to our rules. I suppose that has to do with some hypocrisy called "our" Rules of Engagement (ROE).

My "position" is indefensible? War is indefensible. But go ahead and keep twisting what I just said into "you are a child killer".

3) It is okay to bring kids to a combat zone…?? (yah it was a "compound") what did you expect? Roses? That they were heavily guarded shows the danger they are in all the time. Would you bring your kids to Afghanistan with you?

"Hey kids, have I got a vacation spot for you."

4)It is okay to dehumanize and segregate some country men into "evil goat herding minority extremists" if they shoot at western "interests". If they killed your kids (intentionally or not) you'd be looking for some payback, too. Judging by peoples responses here that payback would be in the extreme.

I will never understand those who make war and insist on "rules" imposed on the other side at the same time.

The first rule of war…

Violence begets violence. The longer war and corrupt occupation go on, the more we can expect extreme responses from the people of Afghanistan to blow back in our face.

For every innocent person we kill in the "war on terror" we create ten more "terrorists".

The blow back from Americas wars around the planet will "come back to bite us all one day".

I'm not even going into how the Main Stream Media has mind melded us into Pavlov's dog when they report stories about "war crimes".

Done here. My responses fall on deaf ears anyway. People are blinded by their emotions and the "rules" .

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but isn't it funny how individuals who want to kill a lot of people plan their attacks on defenseless areas, ie. a school or daycare in this case?

Maybe we should take a hint from this and arm our teachers in schools to prevent psycopaths from attempting another school shooting. I know a smaller in school in Utah offered free ccw courses for teachers and a small pay bump if they participated.

It's really good to hear it didn't work out for the terrorists though. I pray there isn't a retaliation on that little daycare though since their plans were foiled.

(post by Iscool removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I don't think you have actually learned anything from this thread.

The deaf ears are yours.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

intrptr

1) It is okay to bomb other countries from the stratosphere and kill their kids ( by "accident"), just not for anyone to kill ours back intentionally.

Where does anybody state that on this thread?

2) No, it is not okay to invade other countries but since we are there the "enemy" must behave according to our rules. I suppose that has to do with some hypocrisy called "our" Rules of Engagement (ROE).

If you can't tell right from wrong you really have no argument worth listening to.

My "position" is indefensible? War is indefensible. But go ahead and keep twisting what I just said into "you are a child killer".

You are condoning a deliberate attempt to murder defenceless children, your reasoning that civilians accidentally killed by ISF in Afghan is justification for this pretty much puts you on par with the taliban murderers who tried to raid that day care centre.

3) It is okay to bring kids to a combat zone…?? (yah it was a "compound") what did you expect? Roses? That they were heavily guarded shows the danger they are in all the time. Would you bring your kids to Afghanistan with you?

And for this they deserved to die? Do you have kids?

4)It is okay to dehumanize and segregate some country men into "evil goat herding minority extremists" if they shoot at western "interests". If they killed your kids (intentionally or not) you'd be looking for some payback, too. Judging by peoples responses here that payback would be in the extreme.

Maybe you need to educate yourself a bit more on the ongoing conflict in Afghan, the taliban, what men fill their ranks and who supports them logistically and financially. You seem to be taking the standard myopic "yeah well, they're just defending their country" stance typically adopted by self righteous and vociferous America haters all over the world who don't actually have a feckin clue about anything really, except that they are always right.

I will never understand those who make war and insist on "rules" imposed on the other side at the same time.

Again, it doesn't matter who's side you're on, if you can't tell right from wrong, aka slaughtering children, you're up the creek....

The first rule of war…

Violence begets violence. The longer war and corrupt occupation go on, the more we can expect extreme responses from the people of Afghanistan to blow back in our face.

This is true, it still doesn't make it ok to murder the innocent.

For every innocent person we kill in the "war on terror" we create ten more "terrorists".

True.

The blow back from Americas wars around the planet will "come back to bite us all one day".

Everybody with their head screwed on right knows this, that's why we denounce "Americas wars", how does this somehow fit in with your notion that it's ok for the taliban to target kids?

I'm not even going into how the Main Stream Media has mind melded us into Pavlov's dog when they report stories about "war crimes".

Again, educate yourself on the taliban, if you somehow are contending that they would not target children and this is a story fabricated by the MSM, you are wrong. Does the MSM shovel this stuff at the public in an attempt to gain support for the war? Yes they do. That does not mean that there's no real bad guys out there who like to do nasty things to people.

Done here. My responses fall on deaf ears anyway. People are blinded by their emotions and the "rules" .

Bye bye.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

I already told the wife, the day this starts in my country in my city is the day I quit my job, form a privet army to protect my city and flush these non appreciating life fracks into a nightmare not even there god can save them from. What is the point of getting a 1 - 7 year deplomer or degree if the society you live in is unsafe for any work in that feild to take place anymore.

NO body has the right to end another persons life. Especially in the name of a god. To attack a day care is pretty fracken low.

Someone help me here. Where in the the Muslim faith does it say its ok to kill someone?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

I may not agree 100 % with the western way of life. As I struggle day to day to make ends meet. But no body and I mean nobody has the right to attack our safety in the name of there god.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Metallicus

KABUL, Afghanistan — The Taliban assailants apparently thought they were attacking an unprotected Christian-run day care center. But they mistakenly burst into the compound next door, where an American government contractor’s employees were heavily armed and ready, according to accounts that the contractor and the Afghan police gave on Friday of a wild four-hour shootout here.

The contractor, Roots of Peace, which runs agricultural projects financed by the United States Agency for International Development, had taken the precaution of blocking its front gate with an armored Land Cruiser, which guards used to take cover behind and shoot at the attackers, said Gary Kuhn, the group’s president, interviewed by telephone from its headquarters in San Rafael, Calif.

It seems that no matter what religion you are...karma is a bitch. These Taliban thugs were planning to attack a Christian Day care and instead ran into armed contractors. I don't like war and death, but I almost enjoyed reading about these jerks who were going to attack a bunch of kids and instead got a lot more than they bargained for, lol.

Enjoy the read.

Source NYT

i wonder what this actually means.. "The contractor, Roots of Peace, which runs agricultural projects financed by the United States Agency for International Development" ?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

seabhac-rua
reply to post by Abavs

The Quran's Verses of Violence

Ok after reading this I dont know how in this day and age we can allow a religion of such hostility to exsist. The passages in the text make the exorcist sound like a saint.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

seabhac-rua
reply to post by Abavs

The Quran's Verses of Violence

I really don't like the Quran. I probably hate that book more than the bible.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Im sorry but I dont believe in gods. I believe in a infinite supreme force. 2 billion light years away on some random planet with civilizations on it Alla and jesus christ dont exsist. But a tree god does. Lol you cant win, no matter what planet you go to that has a civilization there will be worshipping of some gods in order to justify a collective behavior and faith in order to fill your intuition of creation and the cosmos. But at the end of the day every religion is wrong in the context of there cant be just one truth. There can how ever be a collective truth to an understanding of an agreement to spiritually.

Now back to the call to arms. A religion that promotes death to non believers and orders its follows to cause physical and emotional pain, agony, torture and loss to non believers is not the way of the light. This is far worse then the occult. This reminds me of extremly old fobidden scripture that tells how religion will damage the soul in strange ways and can prolong spiritual ascension over many life times.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

wildapache
reply to post by HomerinNC

Now i might sound like a jerk but how do we know they were targeting the day care and not those contractors?Maybe it wasnt a miatake and they attacked where they wanted to attack....and someone need to answer the opium-related post a page back...

that was even more stupid, wasn't it?

not as heroic as attacking a daycare, tho. just more stupid to attack people that can shoot back.

ya THINK!?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
doesn't Taliban, mean student?

The Taliban (Pashto: طالبان‎ ṭālibān "students")

en.wikipedia.org...

they should attack themselves.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

why do you need hired gunmen to protect farmers ?
quite interesting I know the taliban dont like opium being grown
why else would you need gunmen to protect farmers where the taliban really attacking the day care centre or
where they there just to attack the merc's for protecting opium farmers

meh speculation but these things are never always that simple

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
How do they know that the armed guards weren't the actual target?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Problem is that muslems do support them, if they do nothing they show support for the killers ( its called passive surport), the sooner we understand this the sooner this mess can be got under control. Much as I hate war, this is one war we cannot run away from, all muslems must stand up and show which side they are on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join