It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook buys UK maker of solar-powered drones to expand internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It seems Facebook is at it as well as google. Source Maybe im just old fashioned but, how and why would UAV help the internet?

Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook's chief executive, has unveiled plans to beam broadband connections from the skies, using satellites, lasers and unmanned high-altitude aircraft designed by the 51-year old British engineer Andrew Cox.
More importantly, are people buying this reason?

In our effort to connect the whole world with Internet.org, we've been working on ways to beam internet to people from the sky," Zuckerberg wrote on his blog. "Today, we're sharing some details of the work Facebook's Connectivity Lab is doing to build drones, satellites … and lasers to deliver the internet to everyone.
I don't know, Mr. Zuckerberg. Something smells a lot fishy here

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Zuckerberg already screwed society up with facebook and I certainly don't trust him to regulated the new Internet.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Just more spying

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesOpenMouthShut

It was Facebooks acquisition of OculusVR that brought me back to this forum.
Insidious company, they make Google look like Boyscouts.

Prove me wrong Facebook......Please?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I have a question if this new everywhere wifi happens won't "they" know our every move through the ip address of whatever device were using ?
say goodbye to personal freedom this is or is becoming a prison planet................

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Zuckerberg is trying to make out that they are doing this purely out of the goodness of their hearts but in reality it's to get more Facebook users which means more ad revenues.

It's all about money.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

VoidHawk
Just more spying

My first thought ... exactly. Once he owns the drones, who's to stop him from using them for other purposes?

new topics

top topics

join