It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF F-15's on Baltic Air Policing QRA scrambled four Russian Su-24's and one An-26 over Baltic S

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
From Raymond Pritchett's site:

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Forgive me if Im wrong but I thought threads had to be more then just half a sentence and a link....

Could you give us any details? Not everyone uses twitter so could you please elaborate more on what it is that your trying to show us?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
No NATO fighters but USAF? I wonder what business USAF got in that part of the world?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
First of all, that isn't Raymond's site. It's Twitter.
Second of all, Raymond Pritchett didn't even write the tweet, he retweeted it.
Some guy named Misilito wrote the tweet.

Missilito's Twitter Page

More information there than on Raymonds, but still nothing official.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Sorry thats all i have. I posted the link to Raymond's page as he constantly updates but tis is certainly newsworthy.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Zaphod will be around shortly to confirm or deny this tweet. He knows USAF like no body on this site.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

amkia
No NATO fighters but USAF? I wonder what business USAF got in that part of the world?

Since the Baltic states do not currently have fighter aircraft NATO members (the US has the current rotation) rotate fighters through and have been doing so since 2004. They also do the same in Iceland. It is not unsual for the Russians to challenge this airspace and have to be chased off. It was the Baltic Air Police that chased off the Russian simulated bomber run on Stockholm last year when the Swedish airforce was caught unprepared.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

Uhm, the US is part of NATO, which means they get to send planes for NATO missions too.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

The Su-24 and An-26 are both 45 year old obsolete aircraft. The Antonov isn't even armed. It's a twin turboprop 230 knot freighter.

top topics

join