It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are you?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

vkey08
reply to post by rival

Actually a simple question for me to answer, I was born when and where I was not because of my dna, divine providence or anything other than a really horny US Air Force Officer on leave in Japan raping a young Japanese girl because in his words "She looked so f'ing HOT"

That's why I was born... I have no delusions otherwise.

You were born to experience this world. who can argue that? this world with its maladies is still beautiful. And I think your life is beautiful even if it developed from rape. DNA isn't who you are. We are more a product of our environment than anything, just a reflection on the winds of time.

If you subscribe to new age UFOlogist thinking, than your body contains a soul, which the greys manipulate with the moon in order to trap you into a never ending cycle of groundhog day. Bob Lazar or something idk.

At the end of the day there is a battle going on and more than likely you are the universes latest line of consciousness version 186 quantrillion. that in and of itself is something to grab hold of, that this question is as old as mankind. And I guess if we all knew the answer to "why am I here" no one would be really living anymore.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by vkey08

Uhhh ... not sure how to put this ...

I, for one, am damn glad you're with us!! I'd like to work the word 'providence' into this response effectively, but I'm just gonna shut up before my foot chokes me.

Awe shucks.. I think I was putting this response more because the OP's question is a bit misleading, it doesn't matter HOW you came to be on the planet it matters what you do with your life after you're born into it.

Me, well I had my "young and rebellious years" a rap sheet about a mile long when i was a teenager, and I was a "bad girl" but I went to college, and eventually started working advocating and investigating Civil Rights offenses, thereby doing my small part to help my fellow travellers on this rock.. I'm close to leaving that job, and moving on to another, and in the background continue to do raise my children and pursue my hobbies..

The question IMO shouldn't be why me, but WHY NOT me...

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

vkey08
reply to post by rival

Actually a simple question for me to answer, I was born when and where I was not because of my dna, divine providence or anything other than a really horny US Air Force Officer on leave in Japan raping a young Japanese girl because in his words "She looked so f'ing HOT"

That's why I was born... I have no delusions otherwise.

You may have been your mother's saving grace in life.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
We all know the many ways we came to be, however, since looking back at old classmates, some of whom died early in life, some committed suicide, and others chose unhealthy behaviours that took their life early, I'm thinking it's environment and serendipity. So, why am I - still I? Because I "choose" to pass through this life in a non-self-harming way in the pursuit of knowledge, spirituality, and happiness, however meager that may be. As well, it's not just myself going at it alone, I have family and friends who contribute to the why I am.
edit on 28-3-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

rival
And, unless this universe was created especially for me, with all its galaxies and stars and planets - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was. And that is the reason.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I think how we have been conceived doesn't matter at all, be it rape or a regular couple or for example a "saviour baby". It is a very human thing to ponder on these questions but in the end it is of no importance mainly because humans and lifeforms in general don't know what they are doing. Humans are just popping there with a set of possibilities - in this case procreating - and they use those possibilities. It's like being locked up in a room with buttons on a wall : you know you are going to press some of these buttons if not all them. There are so many things that we can't control, so many things that are automatic, so many things that our bodies do without asking us for permission. I think consciousness is a by-product of life, an accident of evolution. I think one of the best things a human being can learn is detachment, to let go.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

vkey08

The question IMO shouldn't be why me, but WHY NOT me...

That's a great philosophy to live by! And more true to the point than the original question.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

I chose this life at this time to bring light and truth to the people to guide them towards a better way of living. This isn't the first time

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Must we sit you down and give you the sex talk? It's quite obvious why we're all here.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Words
Must we sit you down and give you the sex talk? It's quite obvious why we're all here.

are you sure?

Just because you see one "cause" you think you have seen all?

tssss

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

Oh sorry. Some I AM impregnated another I AM.

Yes; I'm positive.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Words

so you say : he exists because of sex and before sex he is not existing?
edit on 28-3-2014 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
because: you say

as if you think this would be the question here.

So ..are you just ignorant, a little bit narrow or do you want to provoke?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

There's this little thing called a sperm. There's this little thing called an egg. Should I really go on?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

So ..are you just ignorant, a little bit narrow or do you want to provoke?

Let's compare your answer to my answer, and see who's closer to the truth, and who's speaking nonsense.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Words
reply to post by kauskau

There's this little thing called a sperm. There's this little thing called an egg. Should I really go on?

Case closed.

Thank you!!!

Now rivals question is answered FOR SURE , my friend. FOR SURE.

Good day!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

Case closed.

Thank you!!!

Now rivals question is answered FOR SURE , my friend. FOR SURE.

Good day!

Because I don't say "divine providence" or twist it into some empty and meaningless maxim I'm deserved of your mockery? No wonder society never advances.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Words

No the reason we dont advance is because of people who ridicule others for trying other and new approaches..
Its not about that you believe existence of an individual begins with birth..Everyone knows that...

You were all polemic about it and you know that.

"Must we sit you down and give you the sex talk? It's quite obvious why we're all here."

edit on 28-3-2014 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Why are you?

You know, this is the question all deep thinkers ask themselves. Why me? Why am I here? Who am I really?

I think all of those questions are simply moments of self-reflection, of which self-realization is born.

Why me? I believe I made the choice to be.

Why am I here? To experience, and make mistakes, triumph, experience love, fear, hate, tolerance the whole gambit of emotional experiences...

Who am I really? Well for me that changes, as the tides of my life accumulate experience. We are the sum total of our experiences and our reaction to those experiences.

CdT

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

I think this question arises more from a natural feeling that something about the stories we are told is not fitting.

We are told that we are born and will die but the fact of our own existence is obviously the most powerful fact there is so we can not imagine that this powerful, not arguable, direct fact is subject to "chemical,biological, physical linear processes".

IAM seems so direct and integrative that there is a intuition in us that tells us: maybe i will not die. Maybe i was not coming into existence with birth. Maybe IWAS before that.

And the next question is: did we ever really exist in the past? Did we ever really experience something different than NOW...?
So maybe even my own birth as a "phenomenon" is just something which exists in this "Now-IAM-Existence".

Thats why some enlightened traditions in koans and stuff ask the questions: when were you born?

or

"find the one that was born"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join