It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Texas Spanloader

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
oops - my bad...
edit on 1-4-2014 by SirDrinksalot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Is it a leap for the aviation world or just an evolution of stealth design ? If its a new design may be it can serve for ISR, strike or transport or may be 6th gen fighter.
edit on 2-4-2014 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I believe this was in Ultra High Altitude Sector Dalhart 98 (+ 350 angels).
It then transitioned to Blackrock 58, but I could be wrong

edit on V382014Thursdaypm30America/ChicagoThu, 03 Apr 2014 21:38:45 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Can you estimate the altitude with this sector and the contrail?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by darksidius

Contrails only form in a certain window, so above 32,000 and below 40,000 or so.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

If so the mysterious plane must be big like a 737 because at 32000 feet its not easy to see the shape of the plane like this is on the Picture of Dean Muskett. For the pilots who have the chance to work with a machine like that, they must feeling like Star Wars pilots

edit on 4-4-2014 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

darksidius

If so the mysterious plane must be big like a 737 because at 32000 feet its not easy to see the shape of the plane like this is on the Picture of Dean Muskett. For the pilots who have the chance to work with a machine like that, they must feeling like Star Wars pilots

Sorry completely unrelated to the thread but you said about the pilots feeling like they are in Star Wars. I've been watching this thread and I couldn't help think the other day, what lucky pilots they are. How good would it feel that you a flying in a top secret aircraft with all this fancy new technology .. Lucky gits

I kick myself now because I had a chance to join the RAF as a pilot when I was younger and I ruined the opportunity as all I cared about was going out drinking and enjoying myself. One of the greatest regrets of my life

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

If you have a big enough lens you can, I used to be able to pull the rego numbers of flights going over with a 300mm lens.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

Ok, so with no reference and with a zoom its possible that the aircraft can have the size of a fighter

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I'm leaning towards it being bigger than a fighter but without a reference it's hard to tell. If you find out what size lens he was using then you could make a better guess but even then it depends on what altitude.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This definitely wasn't this articles first rodeo. It's flown in daylight several other times before. It was just by chance, that it was spotted.

We'll have more details in the coming weeks.

It's a gorgeous bird.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by weavty1

Impatient to see new détails about this triangle plane.

edit on 6-4-2014 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

You have a few more months at least from what I hear.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Months not years cool

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
One website has posted a possible configuration.

Texas Triforce Jet

The author suggests there are projections in the back that mask IR emissions that are rotated for thrust vectoring and thrust reversers, which could be used for better maneuverability and short landings. The two colors are used to show the angles and lines.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TAGBOARD

Interesting but in the texas picture the rear of the craft look more like a star and not straight, like the drawing craft.

edit on 9-4-2014 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well a bit of an update or a slightly interesting tangent to this story:

deepbluehorizon.blogspot.com...

We will see if Mr. Douglass can get a picture of this jet before it is officially released if he knows where it is based.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sammamishman

Even if he figures out the base, they're not going to get pics of them there, until the AF is ready for them.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I wouldn't think so either unless he can take photos at night.

I didn't think you could get too close to "that/those" areas anyway to get decent shots with any detail.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Thanks for your query. For this and any future queries regarding this issue, as a matter of operational security, we will not discuss flight schedules and flight paths.

Goodness gracious me. Your teddy and pacifier are going to get rather dusty if you keep throwing them out of the pram.

If I were a USA based aviation watcher, I would keep an ear to the ground regarding 'brown outs' at bases where strategic recon airframes launch / recover from / to.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join