It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tuna Cheese Melt (oh so yummy)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I've gotta brag about this because I ain't lyin', I make the greatest Tuna Cheese Melts in the world. Here's how I do it. I chop a leaf of garlic right off the clove into tiny pieces. Then I put that in a small bowl. Then I sprinkle around 3 tablespoons of garlic salt in there & a teaspoon or two of pepper. Add a cup of real cowtits butter (not margarine) the real butter off the real cows tits. Got that all in the bowl? Okay, now pop that into the microwave until the butter melts but make sure you don't cook the mixture. You're trying to get the butter soft enough to mix the spread thoroughly with a fork or a whisp. Now, throw it back in the fridge until the butter rehardens like before. Now, use thick white bread or top notch bakery loaf sliced bread to do this. Texas Toast works but it doesn't taste the same with tuna fish because the juices from the tuna turn the extra thick bread into a too moist bowl of tuna. Now, toss your tuna in a bowl, ready to chop n mix up because your gonna slice up another garlic leaf off the clove into thin coins (not minced like for the butter) with the cheese you should shred it into long fine strips. When you chop the tuna really chop it up until its fluffy. No chunks. Pure fluff like you got a handful of cotton (well, not exactly but hey its close). So you finish making the tuna as thin n unchunky as you can then throw in the garlic coins and shredded cheese. This is the most important part of the mix, so be careful that you get the right texture. You don't want the cheese strips to globule up into buttons, you want them even mixed with the tuna. Remember, you're fluffing the tuna still as you gradually introduce the cheese. You want the strips of cheese to remain strips of cheese, if you do this wrong they will stick together to become balls or other mis-shapened cheese forms. This is a delicate process. You have to use your hands & get a real feel for how the tuna meat works. The result is that the tuna is a fluffly dry-ish thing, so don't press down on the bread when you assemble the meal. Now get the butter out that you mixed with the garlic & spread it lightly on two slices of the bread. Have your stovetop heat on medium to low. We aren't trying to sear the toast, we want it to slowly crisp with a nice variant texture of golden & hazel crumbs. When the toast reaches about right flip it over then add your tuna&cheese mix on one of the slices. Don't cover the tuna with the other slice of toast while it is still on the stove. What we are shooting for here is all four sides of the bread on the melt to have an even crispy toast without burning. Plus, if you automatically assemble the sandwich in the pan then you have to flip it to toast the 4th side, so it is way better to do both sides of the toast simultaneously. Another benefit of this technique is you can let the top of the tuna mix get a little toasted as well since it won't be trapped under the other slice of bread, collecting rising moisture, thus endangering your melt with a soggy innard. As the bread toasts you will see that the cheese in the tuna mix will melt into fine lines throughout the tuna fluff. Monitor this closely because after you make a few of these delicious melts you will learn how to time putting on the tuna with the toasting of the bread. If you time it right you can have both parts of the meal finish at the same time, inching you closer to the perfect Tuna Cheese Melt than ever before. The final step! Prepare your plate. Get your napkin. Get the tuna loaded slice of toast first. Put it on your plate. Get the topper toast. Lightly set it on the tuna cheese mix (DONT SMASH IT DOWN!) When you bite into that tasty delicious oh so yummy melt, your heart may melt too, because it tastes that damn good. And that, my friends is how you make the greatest Tuna Cheese Melt in the world.

Nutrition Facts
Lots of cholesterol
Lots of salt
Really, this aint the healthiest treat in the world.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Asynchrony

No BACON.......EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Looks awfully complicated for, bread, cheese, tuna and heat.

But im sure its delicious, if i have a few days spare and im hungry i may try it.

When that happens, i will return here and report in

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
why nuke it? use a pan or oven. FFS

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Three tablespoons of garlic salt? Whoa, sounds kind of salty and dangerous for people who have to watch their sodium intake. I guess anything that tastes good is never healthy.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Ive never had these before sounds yum i shall try it!!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

well, i am sure you can tinker with ingredients in the tuna (like buying sliced havarti cheese, or queso quesadilla cheese, or maybe brie cheese...a soft and melty cheese).

but your process....i am feeling it. And i bet you make an amazing tuna melt sandwich.
Matter of fact...next time i am carbing, i am making it. I love tuna melts.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Real cow tits!? Can we say that here?
LMAOROF!
Fluffing the tuna!?.....hahaaaa!

Having said....thanks for posting this. Now I'm hungry for tuna melts.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Bigburgh
Real cow tits!? Can we say that here?
LMAOROF!
Fluffing the tuna!?.....hahaaaa!

Having said....thanks for posting this. Now I'm hungry for tuna melts.

Skipped right over the OP due to lack of paragraphs. Quoted for cow tits.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Asynchrony Add a cup of real cowtits butter (not margarine) the real butter off the real cows tits.

Remember, you're fluffing the tuna

Nutrition Facts
Lots of cholesterol
Lots of salt
Really, this aint the healthiest treat in the world.

Does this help Deadseraph?

edit on 28-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
MY EYES!!!!

Sounds good. My wife made some kind of tuna something or other while back and it was good(I think it was similar to this recipe). I love tuna.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I love tweeking recipes, I going to take something amazing, and make it spectacular.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I love tweeking recipes, I going to take something amazing, and make it spectacular.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Uh, didn't mean 3 tablespoons, more like 1 teaspoon.
I don't know where my mind was.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

well...it was a wall of text post....you were obviously pretty excited about your tuna melt.

new topics

top topics

join