It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Think It's Bad Where You Live?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I saw a segment of the news in Korea this a.m. It was on TV, so I don't have a source in the English language.

Anyway, some dude got caught embezzling over $20M. He said he couldn't pay it back. So the judge sentences him to pay it back in labor. His job: recycling trash. His salary to do so: $500,000 per day.

Now how some crap like this can get through the legal system of any country is just beyond me. The Korean people were lucky an investigative reporter brought the story to the public's attention. The judge is still sitting the bench and his sentence has been overturned ... but you know the scumbag's gonna get over eventually. Everybody knows it. The more things change ... the more they stay the same.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Wow $500,000 is more like 35 years wages for a street cleaner.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Snarl
I saw a segment of the news in Korea this a.m. It was on TV, so I don't have a source in the English language.

Anyway, some dude got caught embezzling over $20M. He said he couldn't pay it back. So the judge sentences him to pay it back in labor. His job: recycling trash. His salary to do so: $500,000 per day.

Now how some crap like this can get through the legal system of any country is just beyond me.

Payola is a very quick and easy way for situations like that to happen. Let's say that you stole $20m. Surely, you have some of that just laying around waiting for a rain day?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
so to be clear, he has to do 40 days of recycling to payback 20 million?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Couldn't pay it back? What did he do with it, burn it? If he spent it on things, he could sell those things and at least get some of it back. I think someone should to check out the judge's finances, maybe a couple million in his bank account that wasn't there before?

I don't see why else the judge would be so lenient. Not only letting him get off without paying anything back, but also only give him 40 days of community service.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Aliensun

Snarl

Now how some crap like this can get through the legal system of any country is just beyond me.

Payola is a very quick and easy way for situations like that to happen. Let's say that you stole $20m. Surely, you have some of that just laying around waiting for a rain day?

I think they recovered $3M in cash. Can you imagine a lifestyle where you just blow that much money.

If I were to make a bet, I'd wager this guy was splitting the money up with others and he was just the fall guy. Nonetheless, he committed a crime, and the system was making a great effort to let him virtually get away with it.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I should go see if he'd pay me 20k to fill in for him. It would be a win/win.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

LMAO ... that's taking it another whole level. If somebody gave me that job, at that rate of pay ... I'd sue to keep it as long as I could.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by Cuervo

LMAO ... that's taking it another whole level. If somebody gave me that job, at that rate of pay ... I'd sue to keep it as long as I could.

Id do it for as long as i could stomach it, should last at least a few weeks

Then the idea that lazy ass party time is waiting in my back pocket for me to play with it, enough would soon be enough!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Obviously he knows somebody. Corruption is in all cultures, countries, states, counties.......you get my drift.
edit on 28-3-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join