It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big 6 Energy companies competition inquiry - now were at risk of blackouts! WTF

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by adarma

Actually, he does own a home in Oxfordshire. His parents lived in Berkshire, but he has a house in Oxon and one in London. He doesn't live or reside in any way in Berkshire. It's all a matter of public record. Now we got that out the way...

"Probably" invested in these companies? I could say you're "probably" a human-snake hybrid, but that doesn't make it true!

You know you can look up their financial dealings here? When you find the bit about him owning shares in a fracking firm, do point it out. And when you've done that, I suggest calling the Guardian or Independent, they'd love a scoop like that seeing as they've obviously missed it themselves................

As I said before, it's all well and good hating on them for real reasons, but let's not make up fake reasons.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

woodwardjnr
reply to post by WhiteAlice

It's really kind of like being held hostage for the sake of profit.

Pretty much. If we're not being told all the wealthy bankers will leave London, if we cap their bonuses, or all the corporations will leave if we expect them to pay corporation tax.

A nation can no longer determine its own fate in a world dominated by global capitalism. Nations are at the whim of the decisions made by corporations. If you don't play along expect to be punished or threatened with a Hobson's choice.

That's exactly what I've been seeing, woodwardjnr. Globalization by capitalism has basically allowed for very large companies to take an inordinate control over what we would perceive as modern necessities as well as old necessities. The two most treacherous from my point of view is energy and food. Sometimes I wonder if our countries are in bed with them because the politicians within want a piece of the pie or if it's because they don't have a whole lot of choice.

Part of the reason why people have issues with understanding this is because they create kind of false perceptual borders within themselves through the process of subsidization and maintenance of old brand names. Go to your local national chain grocery store and count how many brands are actual represented. People are really given the illusion of choice. My area just lost two locally run independent chains, both of which specialized in local products from everything to food to cleaning supplies. They're being replaced by two national chains, one of which does not carry anything but megaconglomerate brands. Pretty depressing and it all keeps on just funneling down, perpetually narrowing choice. It's not good.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

stumason
reply to post by adarma

Actually, he does own a home in Oxfordshire. His parents lived in Berkshire, but he has a house in Oxon and one in London. He doesn't live or reside in any way in Berkshire. It's all a matter of public record. Now we got that out the way...

"Probably" invested in these companies? I could say you're "probably" a human-snake hybrid, but that doesn't make it true!

You know you can look up their financial dealings here? When you find the bit about him owning shares in a fracking firm, do point it out. And when you've done that, I suggest calling the Guardian or Independent, they'd love a scoop like that seeing as they've obviously missed it themselves................

As I said before, it's all well and good hating on them for real reasons, but let's not make up fake reasons.

You clearly are a true blue , there are many ways to invest without showing up on any radar . Case in point Liam Fox , I don't think we will ever see eye to eye , what you obviously don't see and is well reported,the economical divide between rich and poor . It's gaping at the moment and when you have people like Duncan Smith living in a mansion and another millionaire telling the poor " to live on £53.00 per week" is less then contemptuous .

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

VoidHawk
reply to post by Phatdamage

Also, most of our big industry consumers of electricity no longer exist! That means there ought to be a huge surplus of electricity.

Its all a scam, and those involved should be hanging from the gallows, especialy when we have old people FREEZING TO DEATH because they cant afford to heat their homes!

In the uk there is now a saying amongs the poor "EAT OR HEAT"

Lest build the gallows!

But we closed down all the coal-fired power stations, closed the coal mines, made the coal miners redundant. Then we sold off our oil and gas companies. The first thing the new shareholders did was to sell off our long-term storage capacity for gas (those "gasworks") - we could extract the gas from the ground all Summer, then store it for Winter and keep costs level. The gas companies now sell off the gas cheaply to Europe in Summer, who then sell it back to us at high cost in Winter. And our nuclear reactors are still running because it would cost more to decommission them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join