It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titanfall cheaters forced to play with each other

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Instead of banning cheaters outright, Titanfall isolates them from the rest of the population. These flagged accounts are only permitted to join online games with other known cheaters, creating what developer Respawn Entertainment describes as "the Wimbledon of aimbot contests."

Respawn didn't deploy its anti-cheating measure right away. Instead, it spent the first couple of weeks silently collecting data on cheating players. Then, last Friday, it dropped the hammer and started separating offenders from the herd.

source

I cant voice just how much i hate people who cheat at online games. If i had my way anyone caught cheating at games online should be prosecuted or have their internet cut off or maybe both.

I do like this method by the maker of Titanfall but i think its just a novel patch for a wider problem.

edit on 27-3-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
That's kind of hilarious actually.

But not totally unprecedented either. I remember way back with CS:Source and the one before it, certain servers were basically free for alls for cheating, and the others had measures to kick ban cheating.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Sheesh, Prosecuted? Uh, that is a bit extreme. I am not saying cheating is okay, because it isn't. Being banned or having to play with cheaters only is fine with me. I play online all the time, do not cheat and have a great time. Banned from online for a game you like, and more than likely paid for, is good enough for me.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Lol they did it hunger games style. I believe games like World of Warcraft, COD, Halo etc should have a special arena just for cheaters.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I see a lot of cheaters, modders, and hackers on Call of Duty games and it pisses me off that they should even be allowed to play online. I like the fact that Titanfall did good by pooling all these guys into a group...I think it will make the other cheater yell out "That guy is cheating! omg, I am gonna report him!!!" LOL

I personally believe that those who do cheat should be punished. Just like drinking and driving...get caught once, you will have your XBL account suspended for a month PLUS you pay a FINE of some amount...let's say $125.

Next time you are caught cheating....6 months suspension and $300 fine.

Next time caught...1 year suspension and $500 fine.

Next time caught...lifetime IP Address & XBL Account outright BAN and Microsoft Sends a secret signal to the Xbox of the owner that would cause it to overload and fry the circuit and hardrive on the system so that it renders useless and all saved information is lost!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Cheating in a computer game is not against the law, and therefor there should be no consequences to those that do cheat, afterall they payed for a game and reserve the right to be able to play it, no matter how they choose to do so.
I would rather propose that the game industry invests more resources into security protocols and systems that make it virtually impossible to cheat in the first place (which btw is not expensive or hard to do). Infact, in some cases cheating reveals the vulnerabilities of any given system which in return allows the developers to improve upon it.
Don't demonize the cheaters when its the developers who deserve the blame.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The problem with cheating, or modding I should say, is the fact it is becoming mainstream.

There are so many websites and advertisements which are pushing for modified controllers it is no wonder a lot of people are tempted at purchasing these. Heck I was even tempted at one point (just to get even at those who do cheat) but I don't follow the mob of people who lack natural skills.

I like to go through the painful experience of learning the game and becoming intuitive rather than depending on artificial skill set of a rapid fire controller or something like that. If you use GOD mode, I suggest you drop your pants and run through a football game during Superbowl...that is how cowardly you look right about now.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

The problem with cheating, or modding

Modding and cheating are not the same thing. Most popular online games have thriving modding communities where players create custom versions of games and levels to give back to the community. Ive made a ton of levels , models and mods for the unreal engine in the past.

People who just write cheats that let people get a kill with every shot ,see though walls reduce recoil are the lowest of the low. They just ruin it for the majority of players and at the day people who use them never get any better at playing.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Btw, I have had my share of finding cheaters on COD...and of course reporting them, avoiding them, and going into Forums with THAT play's GT and letting the XBPLET know about the known cheater so they can get punished.

Sure, everyone who buys the game can play the game...in its ORIGINAL format. Those who have modded xbox's create a different gaming environment altogether than it was intended for thus giving the cheater the upperhand and the other player a disadvantage.

That said, cheaters belong in a community of their own and should only play against cheaters...and let the best cheater win! Who knows what would come out of this?

That said, the one thing I do is either leave the lobby through transmission error (hopefully the lobby closes if I am host) or I do this to them and make them cry:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

PhoenixOD

The problem with cheating, or modding

Modding and cheating are not the same thing. Most popular online games have thriving modding communities where players create custom versions of games and levels to give back to the community. Ive made a ton of levels , models and mods for the unreal engine in the past.

People who just write cheats that let people get a kill with every shot ,see though walls reduce recoil are the lowest of the low. They just ruin it for the majority of players and at the day people who use them never get any better at playing.

I know the difference between these two. I have experienced both against me in live games (not custom games). There are things called lobby infections...play in that lobby you get infected. And you get to keep the infected setting while playing in non-infected matches. Also people run around with modded controllers which is BS.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Awesome! GTA5 did something similar. All players they deem as "bad sports" (could be from cheating or simply disconnecting too much, etc) have to play in a lobby together. It's brilliant.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

Sheesh, Prosecuted? Uh, that is a bit extreme. I am not saying cheating is okay, because it isn't. Being banned or having to play with cheaters only is fine with me. I play online all the time, do not cheat and have a great time. Banned from online for a game you like, and more than likely paid for, is good enough for me. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

If i pay $70 for an online game that is ruined because a bunch of kiddies want to cheat then i think they should be punished. If they break my gaming experience i payed for they should pay themselves.

Its obvious that just banning people from playing a single game is doing nothing at all to deter people from using cheats.

edit on 27-3-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Ive experience the modd'ed lobby thing as well. Ive also been in games where people are openly cheating and then offer to give you lots of xp not to report them.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

PhoenixOD

Ive experience the modd'ed lobby thing as well. Ive also been in games where people are openly cheating and then offer to give you lots of xp not to report them.

Same...and then I report them in game.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Good,

I cant count the number of times Ive seen suspicious activity while playing.

Hopefully it curtails it.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I like their solution, seems like a win-win. However, what about the "pinball wizard" who gets thrown into the cheatery because his stats are "too good"?

Also, the most common (I thought) cheat in COD was the network interrupter which would trigger a beneficial lag that allowed cheaters to win without any modifications or special controllers. Not impossible to detect but, a conservative cheat could fly under the radar indefinitely.

Whew! Kind of a relief to talk about something that isn't a precursor to the destruction of humanity for once!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Wimbleton of aimbot. awesome. I would quite like to see that video where everyone is cheating. then suddenly somehow the game is fair again.

Anyhow, a nice elegant solution for taking out the trash.

The cheaters are sad people anyhow. they are useless to have as a teammate, because if you can get them to stop cheating, they have no skill. they allowed for cheating to make up their skill level, once that is gone, they are useless noobs...so basically a waste of time to even talk to. Yes, send them off on their own little noob hax island and lock them away. They will rapidly grow bored of the game and move on.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

greencmp

I like their solution, seems like a win-win. However, what about the "pinball wizard" who gets thrown into the cheatery because his stats are "too good"?

I don't think that would happen. clearcut cheating would be quite obvious.
My best (girl)friend online is just insanely good at fps's. So good that she is called a cheater all the time in like every fps game she goes in on..but she never got banned by anyone, because she isn't cheating, she is simply really stupidly good. They have investigated her on games here and there, even videotaped her, and you could tell its not someone just aimbotting or whatnot, just someone with mad twitch skills

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

greencmp
Whew! Kind of a relief to talk about something that isn't a precursor to the destruction of humanity for once!

Sadly your wrong. The illuminati is using these games, cheats or not, to train young minds into accepting their role in the destruction of humanity!

(ATS requires spin into doom..thanks for reminding us why we are here)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

SaturnFX

greencmp

Sadly your wrong. The illuminati is using these games, cheats or not, to train young minds into accepting their role in the destruction of humanity!

(ATS requires spin into doom..thanks for reminding us why we are here)

LoL, Okay Ill play.

So Ive been playing infamous SS, and in it there is a really detailed Spray paint mini game.

Where it basically walks you through roughly so, how to do graffiti art sorta Like Bansky.

Now Im not artistic in the least, but playing through that, and seeing the basic skills laid out on how to do it, got me thinking.

OH MY GOD, I went to Home depot and bought a bunch of spray cans...

GAMES ARE TURNING ME INTO A VANDAL!

But seriously, Im working on templates to try and do something on a blank wall now in my Computer room, Maybe the Imperial logo.

Something I would of never done before this Graffiti sim tainted me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join