It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia school reportedly complains 8-year-old girl not feminine enough

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by crazyewok

Why is this a bad school ? The girl has had issues for three years now with her gender identity and obviously her grandparents will do nothing about it. The school certainly will. She was mistaken as a boy on more than one occasion .

Gender issues? Where is it written in stone how a girl should look and behave as well as how a boy should look and behave? Men used to sport long hair all the time. Some cultures even considered the length of their hair to be sacred, now a days, long hair is considered a feminine thing. Obviously the gender view there changed. Who are you to say that someone is having gender issues if they just happen to dress and act like boys typically do?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I believe Joan of Arc looked a little masculine too...

Still burning those they don't care for at the stake of public humiliation...if not by wood and fire, I see.

What a job. Teaching love, acceptance and forgiveness as a universal truth. Go Private School! (rolls eyes)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I believe Joan of Arc looked a little masculine too...

Still burning those they don't care for at the stake of public humiliation...if not by wood and fire, I see.

What a job. Teaching love, acceptance and forgiveness as a universal truth. Go Private School! (rolls eyes)

At least they refrained from getting the authorities involved over some "child negligence" case.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

No need for taking the Lord's name in vain and certainly no need for anger. We are just discussing a topic. We are just giving opinions. I agree with you for the most part. However, did you know that in TN a child can begin hormone therapy for a sex change as young as 10 or at the onset of puberty. That tells me that there is an issue with gender identity that young and I do not believe it is a legitimate problem the children are coming up with. I think girls can be exactly what you said a "tomboy" but then you have people like her grandparents and her doctor and others that push an agenda onto her. I think perhaps this was the school's ill thought out attempt at countering this kind of thing. It should have been more thoroughly thought out and discussed though.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

the grandparents sought the advice of a medical professional and were told to leave the child alone!
they did do something they took the advice of their doctor!

Oh and by the way I would be willing to bet that this school is also teaching all those girls how to grow into obedient and submissive wives for their sons!

lol the girl was probably bossing the boys around!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

That tells me that there is an issue with gender identity that young and I do not believe it is a legitimate problem the children are coming up with. I think girls can be exactly what you said a "tomboy" but then you have people like her grandparents and her doctor and others that push an agenda onto her. I think perhaps this was the school's ill thought out attempt at countering this kind of thing. It should have been more thoroughly thought out and discussed though.

The same thing could be said of Christianity. Do you think we should wait until the age of legal consent before teaching people about Christianity and offering them the option of joining a church?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Look, I don't see a problem with a girl being boyish, or a boy being feminine. However when it gets taken as far as people everyday not able to differentiate what sex a person it is then there is an issue. When my son was a baby he had a full head of curly hair and it grew incredibly fast. It got to the point that even though he was in a blue stroller with jeans and a baseball shirt on people kept saying "Oh how pretty she is" so he got his first haircut and that ended that. My daughter on the other hand did not have much hair and up until she was a year old people thought she was a boy. That is just the way society is. I firmly think that because they wear uniforms maybe it was a bit harder to differentiate her gender. It would not have hurt anything for her grandparents to put a bow or ribbon or clippie in her hair to help point out that she was in fact a girl.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

The Bible is very clear that a man is the head of the household. Again, just a Christian school teaching Christian doctrine.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

What ?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Christian Voice

What ?

There's no "what" about it. I meant exactly what I posted. Or, you know, you could explain what part you didn't understand.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

this is true but when I counter the right with that fact while discussing birth control they don't seem to support that position

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

What age of consent are you talking about for teaching children about God ?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

reply to post by SLAYER69

The Bigotry is in black and white right there in their Admissions Policy.

As to Tax Payer Dollars.....

Virginia awards businesses and individuals tax credits for contributions made to “scholarship foundations”. The credit is equal to 65 percent of the contribution. All contributions must be at least $500 to be eligible for the tax credit and individuals cannot receive a tax credit for more than $50,000 in a given year. There is no cap on how much a business can receive in tax credits. The total amount of tax credits that can be awarded statewide is capped at $25 million per year.

Welfare for the rich? Private school tax credit programs expanding

And lets not forget...

Taxpayers in 14 states will bankroll nearly $1 billion this year in tuition for private schools, including hundreds of religious schools that teach Earth is less than 10,000 years old, Adam and Eve strolled the garden with dinosaurs, and much of modern biology, geology and cosmology is a web of lies.

Special report: Taxpayers fund creationism in the classroom

Which ever way you look at it. Tax Dollars are either being moved into or directly funding it.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by the owlbear

Even better, home school students excel the most.

Excel at what and by whose measurement? Probably not society's.
edit on 3/27/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

By state testing standards

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Look, I don't see a problem with a girl being boyish, or a boy being feminine. However when it gets taken as far as people everyday not able to differentiate what sex a person it is then there is an issue. When my son was a baby he had a full head of curly hair and it grew incredibly fast. It got to the point that even though he was in a blue stroller with jeans and a baseball shirt on people kept saying "Oh how pretty she is" so he got his first haircut and that ended that. My daughter on the other hand did not have much hair and up until she was a year old people thought she was a boy. That is just the way society is. I firmly think that because they wear uniforms maybe it was a bit harder to differentiate her gender. It would not have hurt anything for her grandparents to put a bow or ribbon or clippie in her hair to help point out that she was in fact a girl.

What is wrong with looking androgynous or looking like the opposite gender so much so that people can't tell what gender you are? First off, as children, these kids don't really have any idea what it MEANS to be a girl or a boy. So besides using it as a label to describe themselves, they have no intellectual investment or identity in their gender. So basically you are upset because ADULTS can't tell the difference between whether a child is a boy or girl? Again, why is that an issue either? It's not like the adults are going to try to have sexual relations with them (we hope), so knowing the child's gender isn't important knowledge for interacting with that child. The child, not knowing what gender means, won't have a problem if you call them the wrong gender by accident unless YOU make it a problem. Heck, before puberty, boys and girls are pretty much interchangeable when wearing clothes anyways.

Are you aware of this?

100 YEARS AGO, BOYS WORE DRESSES AND PINK

Did you know all kids used to wear dresses until age 6 or 7? Also, pink was considered a boy color because it was "stronger" and therefore appropriate for males. Blue, the more "delicate" color, was viewed as the more feminine color.

Seriously, who cares what other people think your child's gender is? It's not like it matters if they get it wrong. The kid certainly won't care.
edit on 27-3-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

This school is operated by a Baptist church whose pastor is a Calvinist.

Calvin was a betrayer of the faith and the Baptist movement has long since been infiltrated by the dark side.

Calvin's heretical teachings are completely contrary to the Bible and have done incalculable harm to the Church.

“...extreme Calvinism, the teaching that some people, by the foreordained plan of God, are predestined to be saved and some are predestined to be lost, and that their destinies were settled before they were born, is a wicked heresy contrary to the Bible, that dishonors God and has done incalculable harm. The heresy of extreme Calvinism is particularly appealing.“

www.despatch.cth.com.au...

“Once the revolution had been decided upon, the Jewish plotters introduced Calvinism into England to split Church and State, and divide the people. Contrary to general belief, Calvinism is of Jewish origin. It was deliberately conceived to split the adherents of the Christian religions and divide the people. Calvin's real name was Cohen!“ watch.pair.com...

The girl will likely be much better off being AWAY from there.

Here is why:

The Vatican has infiltrated, or neutered and spayed, virtually every denomination and organization in Christendom. Various means have been used, but Opus Dei has played a major role in this. I am fully persuaded that Opus Dei and the Jesuits have already planted many of their agents in Baptist and Fundamental churches and schools.

I am convinced that many Fundamental Baptist churches are NOW pastored by Jesuits and Opus Dei agents. Many deacons and Sunday School teachers are now inside the Baptist movement teaching doctrines of Rome. You need to read the following articles so that you can watch for the signs that you too have an hireling planted in your church by the Vatican.

OPUS DEI-- War on Protestantism

edit on Mar000000Thu, 27 Mar 2014 13:03:39 -05001pm31Thu, 27 Mar 2014 13:03:39 -050020140327 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Does it really matter what religion is doing it or why? It's not okay, no matter what faith they represent.
edit on 27-3-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
All the people i know that went to Christian schools now are non church goers.
and a few are deist.

Being a deist. i think this is funny.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

That's what you get when you go to private schools. Conformity.
Instead of making a stink and trying to change their ways, they should remove their child and put her in a school where she can dress how she wants.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join