It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America: The cursed burnt offering for the age to come.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

To repent is to turn around. I can walk to my car then repent and go back to my house. So repentance is determined by the context: repentance from sin, repentance from lack of faith, repentance from temptation. Either way, God knew from eternaty past who among His creation would use their freewill to repent and who wouldnt.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

Read some Grahamn Hancock.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I just have a hard time believing that a nation who has not learned to develop a love for the Christ would suddenly repent. It just sounds like you have blind faith, and that a nation that would do that would also by necessity have blind faith. However, everybody is free to think whatever they would like.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

daskakik

The research and documentation of something that goes against your claim?

How about you provide something that supports your claim so that we can consider it?

Or we can wait until Sept. 2016.

There isnt much research on the subject of Amerigo vs Alberigo. I cant find any other source of info that presents documentation to prove one way or another. From what I read of my citation, the author did not prove one way or another, but simply presented his evidence and came to a conclusion. That doesnt make it true or false, as nothing was proven.

So I dont know of any proof that Vespucci went by the name Amerigo until after his return from the New World.

This is what I do know:

1). The Amerrique were an authentic Native South American tribe.

2). Amaru is the authentic name for the Incan serpent god, the last Incan emporer was named Tupac Amaru (meaning: Shining Feathered Serpent).

3). There is uncertanty over Vespucci's christian name: Alberigo or Amerigo.

From the limited amount of information that I have, it is more likely that the name "America" is derived from a native word than it is from Vespucci's christian name.

But please, if you do have documentation proving that Vespucci was named Amerigo from birth, please share it. Do not be spiteful. I have heard that Vespucci's baptismal certificate was signed Amerigo, but I have yet to see a copy of the document.

Please share what you have, this isnt a competition, its supposed to be a meeting place of the minds.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

bjarneorn
No, it isn't ... it is in all likelyhood, stolen work ... rewritten for political purposes.

Basically, it's like the book of Mormon, and the Maya Calendar ... crap.

Not even remotely possible...

Not a single shred of evidence exists to back-up your argument.

That leaves you with only one option: denial.

The laws of probability have PROVEN that the Bible is a construction of God while at the same time there is absolutely NO evidence that God wrote the book of Mormon.

"Perhaps the most compelling of evidences demonstrating that the Bible is the word of God is its unswerving ability to accurately predict future events, often in minute details. Specific prophesies are conspicuously absent from the 26 other religious books that claim to be scripture, including the Muslim's Koran, the Book of Mormon, the Hindu Vedas, and Buddhist writings. This in itself should be a major eye-opener to the honest skeptic. " Accuracy Of Prophecy

Professor Emeritus of Science at Westmont College, Peter Stoner, has calculated the probability of one man fulfilling the major prophecies made concerning the Messiah. The estimates were worked out by twelve different classes representing some 600 university students.

After examining only eight different prophecies (Idem, 106), they conservatively estimated that the chance of one man fulfilling all eight prophecies was one in 10^17.

Mathematical Probability that Jesus is the Christ

Another attestation to the Bible’s divine authorship is the vast number of detailed biblical prophecies that have come true exactly as foretold. We see the psalmist, for example, telling of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ nearly a thousand years before it occurred (Psalm 22), and hundreds of years before crucifixion was even invented! Simply put, it would be impossible for human beings to have seen so far into the future with such precision and accuracy hundreds of times. Indeed, it would be completely illogical to believe these proven prophecies are anything other than the work of God. Incidentally, and amazingly, probability experts tell us the mathematical odds of just forty-eight prophecies regarding one person (i.e. Christ) coming true as foretold are one in ten to the 157th power!

Is the Bible a fairy tale?

The Bible is proven as the word of God by the fulfillment of Bible prophesies. It is mathematically impossible for all of these prophesies to have just happened by chance. This proves that the people that wrote the Bible were inspired by God, for only God could accurately foretell the future, in detail 100% of the time, and at the same time encourage mankind to obey Him.

Source

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

I just have a hard time believing that a nation who has not learned to develop a love for the Christ would suddenly repent. It just sounds like you have blind faith, and that a nation that would do that would also by necessity have blind faith. However, everybody is free to think whatever they would like.

I have faith, but it is not blind, neither will the faith of the remnant of Israel be blind. The Torah was Israel's holy book. It taught them to recognize the Messiah. By the time Jesus was incarnated, Israel replaced the principles of the Torah with Rabbinical Talmudism, Phariseeism, etc. They got caught up in religious pride and became blind to God. Jesus came to fulfill the prophecies to show the Jews that their faith shouldnt be blind. That is why He called out the Pharisees for failing to read the 'signs of the coming storm'.

When the rapture happens (and it will happen) Israel will have the Endtimes prophecies to guide them to Christ when He returns.

1)Nimrod/Osiris/Apollyon will rise from a smoking hole in the earth with a nephilim army.
2)Apollyon will be harelded by false prophet (Probably a Danite) as a saviour.
3)This False Prophet will sign a 7 year covenant with Israel on behalf of Apollyon.
4)Apollyon will violate the covenant 1260 days in, and declare himself messiah (abomination of desolation)
5)The mark of the beast will be used to segregate mankind.
6)When Jesus returns, the Sun will blacken, and the moon will turn red just before ALL light disapears. Then the entire earth will shake causing a massive axial shift like that of Noah's Flood.

These are the signs that Israel must follow. There is no blindness involved.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by th3dudeabides

Yes, I have a book or two of his. Very interesting, but also bias towards the esotetic in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I'm a Danite -- a Scorpio, so therefore I qualify as the Anti-Christ! Just kidding! Lol. On a serious note, I am part Jewish, so it truly would be a weird coincidence if a significant portion of my heritage were from the tribe of Dan. (See my thread, of which BELIEVERpriest is also participating.)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I dont think Revelation's exclusion of Dan from the 144k indicates a total exclusion from salvation, though it is entirely possible that all of the tribe of Dan will reject Christ. However, both Dan and Ephriam have a history of apostacy throughout Israel's history but, Dan did contribute to building the Ark of the Covenant. The fact that Gen 49 says 'oh, how I wait for your (Dan's) salvation' indicates that Dan's repentance might be a last minute reaction to the return of Christ.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Im an Aries. Dont know if Im Jewish or not although people are constantly telling me that I look hebraic. My family is mostly Cherokee and Chilean.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Off-topic comment: Cherokee and Chilean can definitely slant someone to look Jewish. Especially if the Chilean side contained a European portion.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Nevermind
edit on 28-3-2014 by BELIEVERpriest because: nevermind

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

*Does the your eyes to my eyes back-and-forth hand signal, and smiles.* Lol! It can be really tempting to go off-topic, huh? Hahaha.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I don't get it, the first line of what you offer as proof states "Amerigo Vespucci appears in the Spanish records as a member of the mercantile house of Berardi, at Seville, until February, 1496."

Of course I have not seen these documents but then again I have not seen any with the alternate name either. I think it would be easier just to wait and see.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Well, here it is. It appears that you are correct, unless there is some grand conspiracy to rewrite history (but that never happens
). Amerigo Vespucci is his birth name.

www.catholicity.com...

I am still not convinced that America was named after him though. Especially given the amount of Mesoamerican symbology found in the US capital and the 13 Katun correspondence to the 13 level pyramid on the back of the $1 bill.

www.disclose.tv...
edit on 28-3-2014 by BELIEVERpriest because: added text

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I was actually looking for scans of original documents. The info on that site is repeated in many other sites.

As krazyshot posted earlier, the one who started using the name america for the new world was cartographer Martin Waldseemüller in 1507. He even gave the reason why but then stopped using the name in later maps.

First american map

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Utnapisjtim

brazenalderpadrescorpio

But, according to scriptural reasoning, why would God give natural Israel a chance if they rejected the Messiah?

Jesus never seem to have wanted to be a messiah/king in the first place, it was the later Church who turned him into the Christ. Jesus just wanted to be left alone and go about with his rabbi'ing and making doors (walk through walls) and boats (walking on water) and telling riddles:

John 6:15 Perceiving then that they were about to come and take him by force to make him king, Jesus withdrew again to the mountain by himself.

And in the Apocalypse Jesus' heir is the Christ. Jesus will be his Father/God:

Rev 21:7 The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son.

edit on 27-3-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: flesh to the bone

edit on 27-3-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: +riddles

edit on 27-3-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Rev quote

you can't be serious.

lol!

Jesus knew his mission on earth.

DUH! ya think?

where do u people get this stuff?

u think it up all on your own? talk to a rabbi or a priest.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
and who cares who named america?

who the f named canada?
or italy?

i know who named china.

russia?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

If you seriously want help with studying the United States in prophecy, the first thing you have to do is abandon using the school of Futurism. Futurism is a product of the Protestant Counter Reformation, and comes from Jesuit theologian Francisco Ribera in 1585. The whole point of Futurism and Preterism (the present Catholic Dogma relating to the “end times”), was to make up other schools of interpretation to put an end to the Protestant cry that the “Papacy was the antichrist”. Like it or not, though I would not say that the papacy is in fact the “antichrist”, it is the “little horn”, and is clearly mentioned in prophecy if you know the details.

Your first problem related to using the futurist interpretation is the 70 weeks of Daniel are long since done and over. They only applied to the Jews leading up to the fulfillment of Gods covenant that he would bring them the Messiah through the line of David. 3.5 years after Christ's death, the last week was done, followed roughly 30 years later with the “people of the prince” (aka Romans) destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple. Nothing written in Daniel refers to a “third” temple, it all refers to the second one.

If you doubt this, lets look at the 70 weeks here quickly:

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

First off notice that it only applies to “thy people”, in other words the Jews, and "thy holy city" meaning Jerusalem.

“ to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness” - As Christ died to put an end to all sin, and grant forgiveness for it.

“ and to anoint the most Holy.” - Obviously meaning Christ.

Lets skip down a verse:

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Okay, here you're being told directly that this relates to the Messiah, and his death on the cross. After his death, roughly around 33ad, and after 3 more years of the disciples only teaching in Jewish areas, we have the Destruction of Jerusalem in 70ad by the Romans. After this Israel is never the same to this day, and there is a non-Jewish “temple” sitting where the Jewish temple used to be. This is also much of what Christ talks about in Matthew 24. If you notice in Matthew 24 the disciples specifically ask Christ when the Temple will be destroyed and “what is the end of an age”. 70Ad is the end of the “age of the Jews” and the beginning of the “age of the church”.

And finally the verse that is most twisted around by Futurism:

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Futurism teaches that the ambiguous “he” here is written about the antichrist, but if you read it in context its obviously not, its actually talking about Christ.

So what was the “covenant” he fulfilled? That God would send a Savior to the Jews through the line of David who would eliminate all sin for all time, and grant them forgiveness.

So what did Christ do to “cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease”?
He died for our sins, and this removal of the power of the Jewish “animal sacrifice” for the forgiveness of sins is clearly shown in the New Testament as well, here:

And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in two from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

This “Temple curtain” is the one that the Jewish priests used to pass through to get to the Ark of the Covenant to sprinkle blood from the animal sacrifice on its mercy seat.

Now why would God not want the Temple to exist anymore?
Well, because he didn't want his people, who had rejected Christ, to continue the animal sacrifice. Why would he want them too? Didn't his son already make a far superior sacrifice to eliminate all sin for all time? God does not want them to continue their rejection of Christ, but rather to turn to him for forgiveness, so why would he allow a Temple or an Ark to still exist and encourage them to continue turning away from true forgiveness?

Well that's enough for a start, I'll get back to you later with the US and how its in prophecy.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 3/28/2014 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

BELIEVERpriest

intrptr

The Resurrection of the Church is the Rapture of the Church, when Jesus removes all Christians from the face of the earth to make way for Israel's last 7 year of their Age.

Yes, precious Israel. Gods chosen race (Gods a racist?) and the holy land (special dirt?). Dogma in the modern age. Its a lie disseminated by the very same people that want you to believe they are better than everyone else.

They don't even believe Jesus was the messiah. How do you resolve that in your mind? They handed him over to the Romans to be executed. The curtain in the Temple was torn in half when he was murdered.

God is not racist. He made a covenant with Israel, and He will fulfill it during their Tribulation. God also made a covenant with the Gentiles, its called the Church, and it is far better than the covenant He made with Israel.

Israel is in a state of disbelief now. That is why the Tribulation will happen, to bring His people to repentance. Its not about race, its about covenants.

Do not mistaken me for a Zionist. I do not cater to the political state that presently occupies Palestine. I simply acknowledge that those who do not repent and believe in the true Messiah will be brought to justice, Jew and Gentile alike.

Where in the Bible is the Covenant made with the Gentiles? Even the 'new covenant' is made specifically with the House of Judah and the House of Israel. Hebrews 8:8

The Son was only sent to the lost sheep of the House of Israel, as he himself stated. This doesn't make God racist, because the Commonwealth of [the house of] Israel will comprise of his followers, who will come from many foreign [sheep] folds. IOW Joseph AND HIS COMPANIONS.

You do not have to be a natural Israelite/Jew to cling to the LORD and obey His Covenant. You become a 'naturalised' Israelite, to put it in modern terms, by submission and loyalty to the Creator of the Universe, and obedience to the laws of His kingdom.

The Tribulation is to give his disciples the chance to take up their own individual cross to follow the Son, which makes them his disciples/followers, and thus the only ones worthy of him and his sacrifice.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join