It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News: TSA wants law enforcement at checkpoints.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Transportation Security Administration recommended Wednesday that airports post armed law enforcement officers at security checkpoints and ticket counters during peak hours.

The recommendation was one of 14 determined after a nationwide review of security at airports prompted by a fatal shooting at Los Angeles International Airport last fall.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AwrSyCOsATNTVG8AcfPQtDMD

Also for check points at bus stations and LRT and stadium sports games and and and and

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Studies have shown that terrorists frequently use exits when they drive on highways so, we should probably have checkpoints to get on and off the highways too. Heck, let's just put barbed wire (facing in) around every home.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I hope that means we can get rid of a wasteful government agency?

Yea, I know, wishful thinking.........sigh

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Since the US is so good at sticking it's beak into our business here, my turn to stick my beak into US affairs.

I hope the US gets more Viper checkpoints everywhere. Cant be too safe ya know.

Not that I will be giving any money to the US economy any time soon in tourism or business trips

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Thats to add to all the armed Undercover agents thats there already. Good. Its a great idea!
Any type of deterent, especially visable!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
surely most airports already have cops on site so all it really is asking for them to perhaps stop eating donuts for a few hours and stand near the TSA guy and look a bit menacing so they don't get as much abuse as normal

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

TSA = chicken#s

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Restricted

TSA = chicken#s

That explains why they're always trying to find my giblets.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Im sure this move is directed at the TSA getting weapons of their own........
You cant pay a lot of busy cops overtime to stand around while they watch TSA perverts do their thing.....
Its just too damn costly compared to issuing guns to the TSA.
This is a red herring.....more pressure to arm themselves...
(...I hasten to add that armed TSA could easily be the source for a terrorists weapon because they are not primarily paying attention to their holsters while they'll be feeling you up.....)....in other words...you could give them guns but could they hang onto them?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

On second thought mighty Cal... might this not be a 'drop of the shields' as it were?
If we could replace these Pre-OstroLopithicus (I'll never spell that hominid right, sorry) TSA agents with psychological issues and recently armed with better trained and medicated law enforcement ... oh wait. We're just paying more money for the same multidirectional firing squad. We'll have to do a combat silhouette medley with randomly sampled teams to find out who're the worse shots and insert THEM.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

On second thought mighty Cal... might this not be a 'drop of the shields' as it were?
If we could replace these Pre-OstroLopithicus (I'll never spell that hominid right, sorry) TSA agents with psychological issues and recently armed with better trained and medicated law enforcement ... oh wait. We're just paying more money for the same multidirectional firing squad. We'll have to do a combat silhouette medley with randomly sampled teams to find out who're the worse shots and insert THEM.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Well, at least having a real life police office there means ONE person among the whole gaggle of badges and blue, knows something more than an 8 hour whoopee orientation can teach about police work.

We may still see the worse cops get assigned there as exile duty to die of sheer boredom, but I've heard VERY little said in a positive way from cops I've been around or read online with regard to the power trippers at the TSA, who think ...really really wanna believe...they are real cops..when they haven't got a fraction of a clue what the training even entails.

I'm happy to hear a cop may offer adult supervision. Given how many cops have no use for TSA "agents"? We may see some get perp walked out, too. May be rare..but it just may happen occasionally. Who knows.

The TSA makes even Serpico's coworkers look like fine, upstanding citizens and models of what every citizen should want to see in their cops and task force units. Indeed... I think even Get Smart from old TV fame was a show of pretty capable people, in that comparison.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Maxatoria
surely most airports already have cops on site so all it really is asking for them to perhaps stop eating donuts for a few hours and stand near the TSA guy and look a bit menacing so they don't get as much abuse as normal

I don't know Max, I've been close up and personal with a few LEOs that were as glazed in the eyes as the Crispies they had recently snarfed. Anybody that big, coffeed up and
over alert buzzed on processed sugar and aspartame is nobody I'd want to blind date.
And I've never even verbally abused a TSA agent just stopped him.
"You don't mind if I enjoy this, do you?" Better than yelling 'freeze' holding a bazooka.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I see "neutral" not TSA police officers being stationed at TSA checkpoints as a good idea.

Maybe the world can get some of these TSA agents FIRED.

Here is one case where one should be fired.
www.infowars.com...

Here is another.
www.reuters.com...

Other reasons for having neutral cops overseeing TSA.
rt.com...

And this list beats all.
tsascandals.wordpress.com...
edit on 27-3-2014 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join