It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Exactly Are the Common Characteristics Between Humans and Bananas?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

The most likely scenario is that Neanderthal , Denosovan and Floresiensis are descended from H. Erectus or Rudolphensis.
Neanderthal was never in Africa. The closest they came to making it back to Africa was the Middle East and that was only during a period of lower temperatures. They just couldn't handle the warmer climate. There are more really amazing sites in the Levant(a valley that runs from northern Israel up into Lebanon) where AMH and Neanderthal cohabitated for approximately 50,000 years on and off. I'm very certain that they not only occupied the same areas at the same time but Lso lived and worked together. They buried their dead in the same cemeteries and utilized the same type of grave goods and the remains are located in the same strata. There's just no way one or the other would be sharing burial grounds if they didn't live and work together and have close relationships and possibly familial ties though the last one is pure speculation on my part.

back to your thoughts on Out of Africa or not... It is definitely a case of the more we learn the less we realize we actually know. While the basis for Out of Africa still holds true, there are some interesting twists and turns and curveballs popping up as we make new discoveries. It's pretty clear now that H. Erectus was not just a prolific world traveler but likely not just one "species" and with the recent H. Georgicus find it may be that their diversity is closer to the differences between AMH, Neanderthal and Denisovans. All living simultaneously in varying parts of Europe Africa and Asia. It seems that our current state of humanity with one dominant species is a new paradigm as opposed to just 30,000 YA and beyond where there were at least 3 and likely more, different types of people living simultaneously.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

WarminIndy

chr0naut

With bananas, the original genetic strains have become exitinct and so all bananas are reproduced asexually through human intevention. With human beings, cumulative damage to the male Y chomosome is likely to make the chromosome inviable within the next 15,000 years and so the human race is likely to have to survive by asexual assited reproduction.

There is much banana like about humans.

OK, that makes sense.

But the rest of it, the human race is going to be artificially kept alive? Wow, that's some theory there. Will Nibiru hit us before that happens?

Asexual reproduction of humans. Does that mean The Hunger Games will be real, in the future?

And that will lead to some terrible racism. Which groups should be allowed to pass while some others are manipulated? See, that is a little irresponsible because people will take that and try to justify racism.
edit on 3/28/2014 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

Hopefully, by then, we should get past such primitive and useless ideas such as biological differences. By then there may be recognition of more than two genders and also several other machine/human hybrids and alternate expressions of "humanness".

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I think this picture sums this thread up nicely:

Banana troll

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

WarminIndy

demus
OP, you made some claims that many people here on ATS would agree with.
the problem is that it tend to get lost in bitter - sweet mix of science, philosophy, spirituality and biology.
talk less - say more-

I do agree with you.

It's a tough thing. We need to see each other's sides before expecting each side to believe or have faith in claims made in the name of science or religion.

I said that I don't know how the great intelligent designer did it, but if that great one made us related to bananas, I did say that I think it is possible as man does come from the ground. That is something I can't deny. And if that is the case, then we could be related to bananas, I just wanted to know exactly what was common. I did say carbon and that's where I will stand on that. But water? Everything needs water to live. That's why I found that one funny.

Is it fair to say that I believe the great intelligent designer did this but breathed into us the breath of life? Is it fair to say that if we come from the ground and as that last thing designed, we were special enough to be so different because we have intellect and the power to reason?

If you put it that way, that we share common characteristics because ultimately we came from the same ground, then that is acceptable to me. I don't know why people assume that because I questioned the banana/human connection that it meant I believed that man was independently created out of nothing. That was not what I was thinking. But if you say carbon is our common ancestor, I will totally agree.

OK, I'm not even completely serious about "water thing" but isn't that a common characteristic?
yes, living things needs water.
if you want to find characteristics that only banana and humans share I think you will have hard time to find it.
what I'm trying to say is that we are not only related to banana but to all other living creatures as well.
you guys mentioned carbon; yes, carbon as well.
you mentioned "breath of life" - could it be that chemical elements like water, carbon combined with energy of the sun and oxygen are "the breath of life".
god is everywhere religions say and it gives life to all living creatures.
water is everywhere and only water can sustain life even without other elements present.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I highly doubt any team of scientists would waste their money and skills on writing such a paper as it doesn't serve any purpose and there's billions of more useful things they could be using there resources on.

Instead what we do have are maps of human and banana genomes which allow scientists to identify which genes are shared and the roles these genes play are being investigated in order to cure and explore hereditary illness in species as this is something that is incredibly beneficial to society as a whole.

Comparing the shared DNA between humans and bananas to the known roles of genes would provide a list of the specific shared characteristics, however you'd have to do it yourself rather than expect a scientist to do it as the topic is a complete waste of time.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I was reading an article the other day comparing chimp dna to human dna and someone put it like this. We share 100% of the same dna as bananas and monkeys, the order of those amino acids and other goodies is what matters.

Take music for example. ALL songs share the same notes, the reason they sound different is the order of the notes, tempo, duration, etc...

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Cypress
I think this picture sums this thread up nicely:

Banana troll

Then you don't have the answer either?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

peter vlar

The most likely scenario is that Neanderthal , Denosovan and Floresiensis are descended from H. Erectus or Rudolphensis.
Neanderthal was never in Africa. The closest they came to making it back to Africa was the Middle East and that was only during a period of lower temperatures. They just couldn't handle the warmer climate. There are more really amazing sites in the Levant(a valley that runs from northern Israel up into Lebanon) where AMH and Neanderthal cohabitated for approximately 50,000 years on and off. I'm very certain that they not only occupied the same areas at the same time but Lso lived and worked together. They buried their dead in the same cemeteries and utilized the same type of grave goods and the remains are located in the same strata. There's just no way one or the other would be sharing burial grounds if they didn't live and work together and have close relationships and possibly familial ties though the last one is pure speculation on my part.

You should really go to 23 and Me to explain all of this. Right now there is a debate raging about Neanderthal and high IQs because some people who have higher percentages of Neanderthal are claiming their higher IQs based on that. They haven't talked about environment or other factors, including the fact that Neanderthals were exposed to higher amounts of metals in the water that they drank.

I proposed an idea from my own experience growing up in Mercer County, Ohio. It was well known that our ground water contained very high amounts of Strontium, as a remnant of the glacier that pushed down from Ontario. But knowing that rivers have decreased in volume over time, those very rivers during the times our Neanderthal ancestors lived, certainly would have been far greater with high levels of metals more accessible. The water then would have also been much less polluted than today. As the rivers dried up or the water was absorbed more deeply into the ground, and people drank well water in Ohio, then those levels of Strontium could have caused mutations in Neanderthals.

As Africa was tropical at one time, it didn't have the rivers formed from glaciers, so the composition of water would have been different, i.e. types of metals present in the water.

www.odh.ohio.gov...

Over 10,000 years of being exposed to higher levels of Strontium, could that not cause physiological changes? And it is well-known that people from Mercer County, Ohio have stronger teeth and bones. My grandfather and mother were both born on the same farm and drank the same water that I did, growing up also in the same place. But it wasn't just me, when I was 8 years-old, the government took an interested in the phenomenon and doctors from the military came to my school and tested the teeth of the boys. We had high levels of Strontium that we were exposed to daily.

Could this lead to the thickness of bones in Neanderthals? If they were exposed to high levels, then certainly some physiological changes must have occurred over time. And could this be a reason why archaic humans have slight changes in skull shapes that vary from population to population?

Edit: Before anyone gets confused, I am not saying Neanderthals were from Ohio, I am just proposing that if it could have happened in northern North American, then could it have happened in Europe as well?

edit on 3/29/2014 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Never mind. The post was edited.

edit on 29-3-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
That's Bananas...... Kinda. We're earth bound and earth made. It's not much of a surprise.

Our cousin, the slug (of whom we share around 70% dna) is a classic example of life on this earth.

Sure, we're different. Slightly odd and a load more advanced. But we're made of earth "stuff" (i'm talking like bananas are people - i'm aware i may have gone bananas. - The puns are endless and i can't stop.)

edit on 29-3-2014 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

WarminIndy

You agree with PROBABLY but it could also be NOT PROBABLY as well.

But your consensus is PROBABLY without investigation? And you say you are scientific minded. Go look and see it it is probably that, then come back and tell us if it is.

By the way, Jones said it in The Single Helix and none of you even mentioned that. So, you didn't even know where the claim originated.

Therefore, as you guys say, extraordinary claims need extraordinary evidence. Read the book then come back and tell us what it says, does it say PROBABLY the basic things like chemical processes?

Who here has read The Single Helix?

Just noticed this. This is what passes for argument around here?

I was offering an opinion based on first thoughts. Nothing more. No claims were made, just a logical deduction based on concepts given to me in introductory biology classes and from my own reading.

Extraordinary claim? Where? I see an ordinary opinion, no claim and it certainly isn't out of keeping with our knowledge of the natural world.

You want to debate my opinion. Go right ahead. Knock yourself out.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I see you guys drifting off - topic so I decided to provide more information on the subject in hope it will bring us closer to the answers.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Banana Man

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
just because you're a banana,

don't think you are one of the bunch.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

the Banana is sad because she has just found out she is closely related to Humans...
the Banana who is smiling doesn't care...it is a mixed reaction.

edit on CDT07000000Wed, 02 Apr 2014 07:14:24 -05001424am91 by Thurisaz because: add

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

chr0naut

WarminIndy

chr0naut

With bananas, the original genetic strains have become exitinct and so all bananas are reproduced asexually through human intevention. With human beings, cumulative damage to the male Y chomosome is likely to make the chromosome inviable within the next 15,000 years and so the human race is likely to have to survive by asexual assited reproduction.

There is much banana like about humans.

OK, that makes sense.

But the rest of it, the human race is going to be artificially kept alive? Wow, that's some theory there. Will Nibiru hit us before that happens?

Asexual reproduction of humans. Does that mean The Hunger Games will be real, in the future?

And that will lead to some terrible racism. Which groups should be allowed to pass while some others are manipulated? See, that is a little irresponsible because people will take that and try to justify racism.
edit on 3/28/2014 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

Hopefully, by then, we should get past such primitive and useless ideas such as biological differences. By then there may be recognition of more than two genders and also several other machine/human hybrids and alternate expressions of "humanness".

"......primitive and useless ideas such as biological differences."

Can you elaborate on your above statement please? Surely you jest?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
What plants and animals have in common? Pretty much the entire cellular structure (cell membranes, organelles like nucleus, mitochondria, golgi, etc., ribosomes, ..) and all central metabolism and energy pathways (and associated proteins) with the obvious exception of photosynthesis.
edit on 26-4-2014 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
So let me add something serious to this thread. Banana is a herb, not a three, and strangely it is found spread across the world, but lacking the seeds to do so. Bananas grow stems, they don't seed. So how they spread then? On this topic Igan Maxwell theorizes in one of his books, and concludes that banana is a genetically modified plant for staple human consumption, created by the same engineers who missed the link, if you get me...

Now as I see this thread, nothing surprise me at all.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Egoismyname

Your not differentiating between wild bananas and commercial bananas though.

Banana plants have flowers, and wild bananas reproduce just like other flowering plants. So insects will go to the flower to collect the nectar, and the pollen will stick to them. The pollen will then drop off at another banana plant thus reproducing the banana plant.

Commercially cultivated bananas are sterile and are reproduced, or propagated, by suckers or by tissue culture.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join