It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Black Triangle/Missing Time

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+93 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'm going to give a bit of set up here first before I describe our (my wife and I) encounter with this craft. My wife and I are both highly skeptical materialist atheists with multiple college degrees not at all prone to spiritual or supernatural beliefs, I have two BFA's and She has two bachelors in Geo-sciences and International studies. We graduated from college in May of 2006 and moved from Louisville KY down to a small farming community in Tennessee to live on her family farm and hoped to save money. Bear with the length, Ive almost never told this to anyone.

Okay here we go, Its September 20th or 21st of 2006. My wife and I were outside sitting with our 2 dogs tethered on runners , I was smoking a cigarette and enjoying the scenery of the open field, barns, and lake and she was playing around with the dogs and just soaking up the nature as well, we really enjoyed the natural setting and privacy the farm afforded us in contrast to living in the city previously.

I was looking out over the lake, which is due west of the position I was standing in, I know this because the sun was just descending below the tree line about 3-4 acres away from us beyond the lake. I have always had an interest in stargazing, noting the color of the light and the position, I often looked for Venus, Jupiter or Mars, Mars was rather large that year so I was looking around for it again as I'd been keeping track of it lately. I looked over the lake, and saw what appeared to be an extremely large star, probably the size of polaris, but it was REALLY REALLY low on the horizon line, probably 10degrees visually above the outline of the setting sun.

I saw this, and it struck me as odd because Id never seen a star so bright and so low on the horizon before the sun had set, I called my wife's attention to it and she walked over to the corner of the barn where I was smoking and I pointed it out to her,and said "Look at that big star". The second after I did this, I very quickly realized this was in fact NOT a star at all, the moment both of our attentions focused on it, It began doing what I can only describe as playful aerial maneuvers. I thought, that's not a star, that's the light of the sun reflecting on a metallic object. It seems to flutter about, it dropped really quickly about 4 inches visually (from my perspective), then sort of fluttered to the left, then back up, then did a small loop of sorts, then stopped on a dime, my wife and I were both struck with the sense that it noticed us noticing it playing and it zoomed toward us at a high rate of speed, the light of the sun is just below the tree line now.

THAT is when we have a significant gap in our memory, the last thing either of us remember is stopping on a dime, us feeling like it noticed us, and then a hazy recollection of it traveling toward us quickly.

The next thing both of us recall is standing about 10 feet from where we were previously, but its COMPLETELY dark now, like very dark, we are in the country so usually if there are no clouds you can see the whole arc/arm of the milky way spilling across the sky. We are both already looking up into the air. I immediately notice something extremely unsettling, there are no clouds in the sky, but the stars are actually blocked out. There is a MASSIVE triangular (maybe arrowhead with a flat back) shape punched out of the sky, just the absence of all light. I can clearly see the edges of this shape, where the milky way and other stars begin, and on every other side of this shape, but where the triangle is there are literally no stars showing. Its longer than it is wide, but seems to be unbelievably big.

I immediately turn to my wife and say, "Do you see that, Its F*cking gigantic" She confirms that she sees it, I say "Its blocking out most of the sky, is it really low, or really high up and even bigger than I think it is" She thinks its flying relatively low, but I think its flying higher and is bigger. If I had to guess I would say it was about 8 football fields long, and maybe 3 wide toward the tail end of the triangle.

I was overwhelmed with the feeling that a giant wave was going to crash down on me, sort of like the sense that there is something defying gravity on top of me and it will fall, logically it has to fall, its the size of a small city. Its very very slowly sliding over top of us, COMPLETELY silently , There is no sound of propellers or engines or anything to indicate a propulsion system, the air feels slightly charge, like there is a presence in it. I remarked on the fact of its absolute silence, and the silence of the entire area, no sounds, no bugs, no frogs, no dogs, no wind, just zero sound other than if we talked to one another.

The craft was matte black, the absence of light itself, It sort of had a very slight glow to it, like bad CG, you know when you can see something is green screened, the light looks really different in tone, that's how this looked. It slid over top of us heading due east, but it was so large it seemed to take forever. The spot that was passing over top of us seemed to distort , it like expanded like a fish eye lens over us but contracted as it went away from our point of view. We both got the sense that there was a grid like modular pattern on the bottom of it. Sort of like if someone stuck 10 Destroyer class battleships together, painted them black, flipped them upside down and then built streets and housing modules onto the bottom of it, but you could barely discern any of this because of its extremely low reflectivity. My wife and I both said to each other and ourselves, "Remember this, you cannot forget this, you have to remember this" because it felt sort of dream like in quality, or like we had been sleeping and just woke up, or drugged or something, foggy. I remarked to her that this thing wasn't displacing any air, Its 8 football fields long, and 3 or so wide, and its not creating a breeze at all, nothing, I don't know how this is possible.

I remember toward the tail section there was an extremely faint amber colored light, it looked like it was inside of a small cloud, or a fog, it was a light which was dampened by for lack of a better word a local fog, in the small reflection of this light i could see these modular shapes, almost like the bottom of a Star Wars type star ship at the beginning of the first movie. It looks like someone flipped a city upside down, or a massive circuit board with the grid like pattern with square modules/buildings sticking down and out on the sides of the 'rows', they had an uneven appearance. It slowly slid away from us, heading east over the pine trees and power lines, making no sound at all. It just kept going and eventually we couldn't see it any more.

The sun had set at around 7:45 that day, the entire experience from our perspective seemed to last maybe 10 minutes once we could remember anything again under the craft. We went back inside and found both of our dogs asleep on the couches, having no memory of bringing them back in. My wife went and checked a clock, it was 10:15 or so, we had somehow lost 2 hours worth of time in between when the sun was just setting, that 'star' zoomed toward us, and when we 'woke up' under the craft.

Ive thought about this a million times since then, I get the sense it wasn't aliens, that it may have been us from the future. But Why? Any thoughts, theories, similar stories? Thanks for reading my story guys.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by immoralist

very interesting story, thank you for sharing. i'm curious, have you had any encounters/experiences previous or after this event in your life? has your wife? have you had any memories slip through from the lost period of time? ever considered hypnotic regression to retrieve the memories? that's probably what i would consider doing in regards to the lost time episode. might help you clarify the extent of your experience and perhaps also lend more knowledge toward finding out if this was truly an "alien" experience or a terrestrial one involving "us from the future".

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Wow... that was one hell of a read! You've described it so well that I felt like I was there with the two of you. First off, Star and Flag from me. I've never ran into anything like this myself, but I've read a lot about these sort of sightings on other posts on here.

One question, if I may: When you first noticed the craft in the distance, what made you feel like it knew you were watching it?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

CallmeRaskolnikov

very interesting story, thank you for sharing. i'm curious, have you had any encounters/experiences previous or after this event in your life? has your wife? have you had any memories slip through from the lost period of time? ever considered hypnotic regression to retrieve the memories? that's probably what i would consider doing in regards to the lost time episode. might help you clarify the extent of your experience and perhaps also lend more knowledge toward finding out if this was truly an "alien" experience or a terrestrial one involving "us from the future".

No neither of us had previously had ANY sort of experience like this at all, we have both considered being hypnotized but are worried about potentially being lead by the hypnotist to fabricate things, neither one of us would like this at all. My wife has said that since then she has had the feeling that she has missed time but I can't verify this, I personally haven't really had the sense of this. I walk outside nightly where I live now and really pine for the experience to repeat itself, to just get another glimpse, I send my intention out to the stars, to the vast emptiness but it doesn't seem to really do anything lol.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I also had a UFO zoom at me once I noticed it. maybe some lost time as well. your story is really amazing and the skeptic in me wants to scream BS but I know from personal experience strange stuff happens all the time. The real question is who is at the controls? aliens? humans? and what do you do with your new found knowledge, most people will think you're crazy. :/

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

parad0x122
Wow... that was one hell of a read! You've described it so well that I felt like I was there with the two of you. First off, Star and Flag from me. I've never ran into anything like this myself, but I've read a lot about these sort of sightings on other posts on here.

One question, if I may: When you first noticed the craft in the distance, what made you feel like it knew you were watching it?

I don't think it was the same craft actually, I think the 'star' and the giant black triangle were two distinctly different crafts, maybe the star was a scout ship for the larger one?

I asked my wife your question just now and she gave me the same answer I was going to give. "Because it stopped just as our attention focused on it" when it stopped, it felt like when you catch someone doing something and they didn't expect you to be there.

The only way I can think that it would have made the differentiation between us just looking and us 'noticing' would be if it had some sort of intentionality sensing machine in it, like a super long range functional MRI machine that could detect intentional states, just speculation though.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

nrd101
I also had a UFO zoom at me once I noticed it. maybe some lost time as well. your story is really amazing and the skeptic in me wants to scream BS but I know from personal experience strange stuff happens all the time. The real question is who is at the controls? aliens? humans? and what do you do with your new found knowledge, most people will think you're crazy. :/

I don't blame you at all, I previously would have thought this sort of thing if told to me would have been utter BS, I'm just extremely happy my wife was there as independent corroboration.

My current theory as to 'who' or 'what' is that maybe on a vast time scale, sometime far into the future there is some sort of cataclysmic bottle neck and maybe they needed to go back in time to get genetic specimens. That would explain the clear ethos of stealth and 'non interference' and why they would have attempted to cause us not to remember the interactions we had with them.

In a similar vein, maybe its artificial intelligence from the future which has grown so intelligent its gotten wistful and missed the botched and fleshy creators that made its ancestors and its seeking to resurrect humanity out of some sense of longing , or potentially guilt from destroying us?

Once again, both of these are total speculation.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Interesting read. I too felt like I was right there with you.

I'm confused about the structures sticking out the bottom of the craft. We're these structures like short squat buildings or like long spires like a downtown skyline. Just trying to picture the object better in my head.

The ships seems like form your description of the warping of the ship as it flew directly over head like a fisheye lense it was manipulating gravity in some way.

Did you guys check for any marks on your body afterwards?

Also why do you feel like the triangle was humans from the future and not extra terrestrial? Just curious. Was it a feeling like the ship was familiar in some way? Or that it just didn't seem alien.

Anyways, I've seen a flying triangle that was mat black too. It seemed smaller though. Maybe a football field in length and 1000 feet high. Was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on the 405/5/118 interchange area around 8:30 at night. It was silent and I was perplexed why Boone else was looking up at it as it flew over the cars like I was. I think these triangles fly more often then we think over our sky's and they just go undetected/ noticed by most or maybe are only visible to certain people.

Star and flag.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

BASSPLYR
Interesting read. I too felt like I was right there with you.

I'm confused about the structures sticking out the bottom of the craft. We're these structures like short squat buildings or like long spires like a downtown skyline. Just trying to picture the object better in my head.

The ships seems like form your description of the warping of the ship as it flew directly over head like a fisheye lense it was manipulating gravity in some way.

Did you guys check for any marks on your body afterwards?

Also why do you feel like the triangle was humans from the future and not extra terrestrial? Just curious. Was it a feeling like the ship was familiar in some way? Or that it just didn't seem alien.

Anyways, I've seen a flying triangle that was mat black too. It seemed smaller though. Maybe a football field in length and 1000 feet high. Was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on the 405/5/118 interchange area around 8:30 at night. It was silent and I was perplexed why Boone else was looking up at it as it flew over the cars like I was. I think these triangles fly more often then we think over our sky's and they just go undetected/ noticed by most or maybe are only visible to certain people.

Star and flag.

Hey, thanks for the reply and questions.

The structures on the bottom of the ship were not like spires, more like squat buildings. But of differing sizes, square in shape. It almost looked...cluttered or dirty in a sense, like a shady street corner lit by a foggy/shady light. Sort of like that, but also somehow like a circuit board with the rows/column pattern, sort of grid like, but with a 3d aspect like transistors or capacitors maybe?

The reasons why I think it was terrestrial and extra-temporal instead of extra terrestrial are for one, that I don't know what an Alien would even want with me or my wife, it was an alien why would it care about what we remembered , or even if it did us any harm? Secondly, the vast distances of space/time seem to be a logical inhibitor for any space faring race to me, it just seems more likely for something to be able to traverse time somehow than the VAST distances it would require for a craft to reach us, and the timespan it would take as well. I didnt get the a 'scared' feeling at all either which sort of impressed a familiarity to me.

We didnt have any marks, but I suffer from fybromyalgia and I swear that afterward I had a reduction in painful symptoms but that could be some sort of confirmation bias.

The time/space dilation for the 'fish eye lens' effect is exactly what I was thinking too, thanks!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
A well written experience.

I've seen some weird vehicles in the sky, too, along with several people I know and trust, in addition to several million I don't know... but odds say at least some of them are honest and educated enough to judge if the tech is identifiable... so regardless of your veracity, it sure could have happened exactly as you say.

I am curious, though, about the hunch they are humans from the future... is it just there in your mind, or is it a guess?

This phenomena is rife with reported telepathy... and separating a hunch from a telepathic communication is difficult, if not impossible, to differentiate... but could you elaborate?

Personally, the range of experiences makes me think it is a variety of beings from a variety of places... or one sort that is local, in a sense, and hidden but can "play" with our minds... as ludicrous as that sounds... or, of course, a mix of the above ...or something so contrary to our belief system that we lack concepts to even start to attempt description, heh.

Being clueless about such a huge shift in worldview is frustrating. But why and how did you think of future locals?

ETA: I see I was beaten to the Q. So it is your own ideas that they must be from the future because the distances are too vast.

I think that in the incredible size of space-time, a civ figuring out faster than light travel is a given... but that's just my own guess. We are definitely missing a huge, perhaps infinite, chunk of the big picture, though. I had personal proof of "haunting" phenomena, too, so the level of weirdness in the world is pretty spectacular for this former materialist/ atheist who's now agnostic about nearly everything.

ETAx2 and if a civ has figured out time travel... isn't that indicative of simple FTL travel, too, since space-time is the "same" thing as far as we know now? If they can go back 100 years (and many, many miles too as everything in space is moving...fast) they must be able to travel vast distances quickly, too... right?

edit on 3/26/2014 by Baddogma because: add

edit on 3/26/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Baddogma
A well written experience.

I've seen some weird vehicles in the sky, too, along with several people I know and trust, in addition to several million I don't know... but odds say at least some of them are honest and educated enough to judge if the tech is identifiable... so regardless of your veracity, it sure could have happened exactly as you say.

I am curious, though, about the hunch they are humans from the future... is it just there in your mind, or is it a guess?

This phenomena is rife with reported telepathy... and separating a hunch from a telepathic communication is difficult, if not impossible, to differentiate... but could you elaborate?

Personally, the range of experiences makes me think it is a variety of beings from a variety of places... or one sort that is local, in a sense, and hidden but can "play" with our minds... as ludicrous as that sounds... or, of course, a mix of the above ...or something so contrary to our belief system that we lack concepts to even start to attempt description, heh.

Being clueless about such a huge shift in worldview is frustrating. But why and how did you think of future locals?

I feel like its more than a guess, like its an intuitive leap of sorts maybe but almost like its a memory. I got the idea that it may be future locals just from thinking about the situation logically, why would these beings want us, we didnt notice anything different about our bodies, presumably they could have just taken DNA, or put some undetectable device into us or our dogs and are potentially monitoring us.

It just seems like the memory wiping, and the ability to perceive intentionality in a human brain over large distances (as in the star like craft noticing us) and then also the construction of the craft itself, how oddly it looked like a green screen halo around us, how the blackness matched the night sky perfectly.

Most of all its just a feeling I get, like maybe my wife an I had an evil world destroying child in the future, or possibly one of us do something to affect the future that would cause them to be where they were looking for us, I guess it may stem from me just trying to get a sense of the 'why' of this entire scenario and these are the avenues my mind went down.

Thanks for the reply and questions!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
firefly?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
That is really interesting.
I had an experience seeing some sort of saucer-like craft making impossible manouvers in plain daylight once, and I also had the impression that (it? they?) knew I was watching. As if there was some sort of telepathic communication. I also had thoughts of my deceased mother arise... hard to explain, but as if she was somehow connected to this.

Perhaps it is just our brain's habit to perceive relationships between ourselves and that which we observe, I don't know. But I see other things all the time and do not have the feeling they are also watching me back!

But my husband and I had another experience while driving late at night, in which we were approaching a blinding light in the road, we were shouting and panicking, and then...suddenly we were many yards further up the road, with no light anywhere, and both silently staring forward. We lost two hours there.

It was that cut from one moment to a totally different one, seamless, as if we didn't even blink, that is so weird and hard to explain to another. So I can relate somewhat to some of what you describe.

I don't have any beliefs about it, only a ton of hypotheses. Who the hell knows?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

cantsee4looking
firefly?

lol the old sci fi show? I was pretty sad when that went off the air, I dont see how this relates to this at all though.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Ive almost never told this to anyone. Okay here we go, Its September 20th or 21st of 2006.

May I ask why you've waited until now to tell your story?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Chemicalbrother

Ive almost never told this to anyone. Okay here we go, Its September 20th or 21st of 2006.

May I ask why you've waited until now to tell your story?

I actually lost my job about a week ago so Ive got an abundance of time on my hands right now, I had previously tried uploading the experience to other websites like MUFON related ones but they never posted my report to my knowledge. I just recently started reading/posting on ATS a lot so I figured maybe someone on here had a similar experience or could shed some light on it.

I just finally had the free time and the will to actually do it I suppose.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

So as I added to my original post, if we can figure out time travel, then travel across the vastness of regular space is relatively easy.

We are moving on Earth, which is moving around our sun, and the Sun is speeding around the center of the Milky-way galaxy, which is speeding all together in one direction at thousands of miles per hour with a bunch of galaxies that are all moving at a significant fraction of the speed of light themselves... all moving away from the supposed point of the big bang... so if "we" can at some point travel back in time we would have to also travel in actual distance back to the event as well as in temporal length... thus "space-time", Einstein, etc. etc.

And if we can do it in some future here, then it follows that others who have had millions, or billions of years of technical development could do it as easily as we drive to the store.

So it's less scary (or awe inspiring) to think we are alone and the height of technical and spiritual achievement... but these sightings suggest that it just ain't so.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

You know, if you had 2 hours of missing time, the possibility of you and your wife having an abduction experience has been well documented in many abduction cases. In fact, most abduction cases state the average amount of missing time is 2 hours! I understand your hesitance in discussing your incident, but If I were you, I would try to find a good hypnotist that can help you and your wife recall your missing time. I wouldn't tell the hypnotist what happened, but just something you and your wife need to recall on that particular day.

Did you check for any physical markings after your missing time? Did you check with any neighbors in the vicinity that may have witnessed this thing? Considering the size of this thing, there must have been others who might have saw something.

Hope you and your wife can find some answers.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If you have the time, please do a search and read my first post on this site.

I experienced EXACTLY the same craft as you did.

Did it warp in and out? Like folding in on itself? Did it look like it was 'shaking' in the air? Did the colour run 'along' the craft like water. Did the surface look like it was covered in oil?

The one I saw was REAL close and I could see the grooves too, like a circuitboard. It also shot a green beam with no residual light, into a flower park.

I got the feeling this thing was VERY dark indeed. I didn't like it at all. Since then I don't sleep and have all kinds of problems. I hope your experience wasn't as daunting. I'd of given ANYTHING to have someone there with me

No one believed me either, which was super frustrating. Only my dad and then he too saw a craft up close and it nearly sent him loopy.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

WeRpeons

You know, if you had 2 hours of missing time, the possibility of you and your wife having an abduction experience has been well documented in many abduction cases. In fact, most abduction cases state the average amount of missing time is 2 hours! I understand your hesitance in discussing your incident, but If I were you, I would try to find a good hypnotist that can help you and your wife recall your missing time. I wouldn't tell the hypnotist what happened, but just something you and your wife need to recall on that particular day.

Did you check for any physical markings after your missing time? Did you check with any neighbors in the vicinity that may have witnessed this thing? Considering the size of this thing, there must have been others who might have saw something.

Hope you and your wife can find some answers.

It was in fairview TN which is a farming community, only 2 houses within the visual sphere of where we were, we didn't actually talk to any of the neighbors about it who could have potentially seen it though, honestly the stealthy nature of this craft, if you weren't looking RIGHT at it and if the sky weren't really clear you might not notice the absence of starts as being indicative of a craft.

My father in law said he saw the same craft in the same spot a couple of years later around the same date actually, late september but he wouldnt go further into it, he only said he saw a large black triangular aircraft.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join