It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air France Flight Diverted Over Russia, Forced To Land, Due To Last Minute Military Exercise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Air France says a plane carrying 495 passengers and 22 crew was diverted on its way from Shanghai to Paris after Russia announced at short notice that part of its airspace was closed for a military exercise.

Considering that Russia is the largest country in the world, and is located at a rather strategic position between the East and West, perhaps this is merely Putin's latest warning about just how Russia's "military drills" will respond to Europe should further sanctions be enacted. Because flights from Shanghai to Europe across the Pacific, and over the US, may not be quite an agreeable retaliation to the old continent.

More here...
www.zerohedge.com...

With so many threads running on the Ukraine situation, I was reluctant to start yet another thread. However, I couldn't find a thread to pop this on. If mods think it can be merged with another, please go ahead....or maybe the thread should just be headed up Tit for Tat

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
It was always going to happen and will continue to happen. Just a big game of tit for tat now.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Very interesting political play going on right now. On Ground, in Air, In Water and even in the Space! Russia is now like a giant dragon waking up and slowing flexing muscle. Soon something is going to break loose, one just gets this feeling!

AP

S&F

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Interesting post op ...I wonder what the Russian procedure once they got the plane on the ground was .Using this sort of a tactic to have ones enemies come to them might work . I remember the flight by the Brazilian Govt. that was diverted to find.. I think it was Assange was a bit underhanded at the time .The west might look at this and have to rethink their security in having certain fights avoid this kind of a move ...

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

It landed in Germany to re-fuel because of the diversion it had to take. It didn't land in Russia.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Oh ok thanks ..I could imagine that it might have had to land in Russia if other options were not viable . I was looking at it from a tactical move or one that could be used...peace

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
My question now is......why only the one plane???? Surely if they had shut their airspace, a lot more planes would have had to divert....which in turn would have made the MSN....they would have milked it for all its worth

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I don't see in anyway how this is a warning

The flight was from China, the only flight paths crossing Russia to the EU would be from china

China is a friend of Russia

Clueless IMO

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

Oh, Hello Dave! *Waves*
Thank you for bumping the thread....much appreciated.....however this one plane didn't amount to anything more than that....case closed.

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

join