It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan pulls troops from Afghan border area

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Updated. This is not a good thing I don't think. They should keep up the pressure and this shows that Pakistan is not as committed as they would like us to believe. Time magazine this week shows Tali-ban shopping in markets all over western Pakistan. Bad development IMHO.

Bin Laden not hiding there, general says

Saturday, November 27, 2004 Posted: 9:14 AM EST (1414 GMT)

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- After more than two years of battling remnants of al Qaeda and the Taliban, Pakistan's government announced late Friday it will end its military operation in the tense tribal region of South Waziristan.

The province along the border with Afghanistan is among the potential hiding places for Osama bin Laden and his top lieutenants.

The announcement comes a day after a Pakistani army commander said repeated searches by the military have failed to turn up any trace of bin Laden in the tribal lands.

Ok if this is the case there are 2 possibilities, 1 he isnt there or 2 the pakistani's dont want to find him.

I am not sure of which is right , so if he isnt there, where is he?

'No sign of Osama in tribal areas'
Thursday, November 25, 2004 Posted: 3:36 PM EST (2036 GMT)

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (CNN) -- -- Repeated searches by the Pakistani military have failed to turn up any trace of Osama bin Laden in tribal lands near the border with Afghanistan, a Pakistani army commander said.

"He requires his own protection, and the kind of security apparatus that he is supposed to have around him, that gives a very big signature," said Lt. Gen. Safdar Hussain, military chief of northwest Pakistan Thursday.

"And there is not an inch of South Waziristan agency or the tribal area which we have not swept time and again. And if he was here in the tribal areas, I can assure you that he wouldn't have escaped my eyes and ears."

'No sign of Osama in tribal areas'

[edit on 25-11-2004 by edsinger]

[edit on 27-11-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I believe Musharaf, he has survived numerous attempts to kill him, so he would be very much interested to rid himselve of Al-Quaida followers.....

But, considering the fact that it took a long time for new Bin Laden tapes, i guess he must have keep hidden under a stone for a long time, who knows, maybe Cheznyia or Syria.

You know what, let's make it plausible he is hiding in Iran, that would be a good pretext to send in the marines and defuse their "peacefull" nuclear program.

But on the other hand, the guy is too hot to have in your kitchen and he is not a sjiite, so I guess that leaves Cheznya and Syria.

Cheznya where fundamentalist muslims participate in a arguably justified liberation struggle

or

Syria, wich supports international terrorism to gain leverage on the negotiation table regarding the Golan Heights....

My personal bet would be Cheznia, any official government has a lot to loose with the prospect of american invasion...

[edit on 26-11-2004 by Countermeasures]

dh

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well, let's not start another thread about where he could be, be he alive or be he dead
The important thing is that he will serve as a boogieman for as long as it is thought opportune for him to serve that role for the enthrallment of the western populations, as with that ghost organisation al-Qaeda
The last 'admission' video was produced purely because a burgeoning bulk of the population were tending to grow past the facile presentation of him as Satan Claus, and to see through the dissembling of politicians and military spokespersons
Where he is is much less important than the position he occupies in the mass mind

[edit on 25-11-2004 by dh]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
That cracks me up everytime I see that people believe that crap.

Al Qaeda is real...Osama might be dead , but the organization is real and not a CIA front no matter the conspiracy beliefs otherwise.

dh

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
al-toilet may be real in your head, ed mate, but that's your problem
For many others it's pure phantasm garnered to produce eye-popping explosive chaos and fear for stability throughout the populations
No doubt there's very real anger being channelled into desparate acts of revenge, - if you slaughter enough kids and other family members, you'll certainly create desperados who can be easily manipulated to commit atrocities of their own
Throw in a few spectaculars using perfectly controlled agents and you've got a nice admix of spectacle of consumption for the people to chew over
Doesn't take a conspiracy freak to see through the presentation (though it does make it easier)

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Edsinger I tell you where bin-laden is, he is having thanksgiving dinner with the Bush family in texas and planing for the next move so they all can profit from the Carlyle group.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well I don't think there is any doubt as to whether Osama is real or not.

If he is alive, he has to given the utmost credit to have avoided capture being listed as one of the worlds most wanted men for the last three years.

If he is dead, there should be more effort made to find out who's making these dodgy video's they keep releasing.

I'd hate to think what the Americans would do to Bush if they found out he was having dinner with Osama.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
marg6043
Edsinger I tell you where bin-laden is, he is having thanksgiving dinner with the Bush family in texas and planing for the next move so they all can profit from the Carlyle group.

Great answer!!!! I almost fell outta my chair! God, that was good!

Wait a minute, I take that back. That wasn't good. It was GREAT!!! You�re funny, marg6043!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
You conspiracy freaks are funny

Osama in Texas, Al Qaeda not real

Alien babies born from liza Manelli is next.....

dh

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
You can make as many smileys as you want ed, and you can try to divert to other possibilities
It doesn't work
Face the facts

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
OK PROVE to me Osama is in league with Bush? You cant so you just keep up your dribble, maybe get a wipe and clean your chin, because you believe in fairy tales.

dh

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
OK PROVE to me Osama is in league with Bush? You cant so you just keep up your dribble, maybe get a wipe and clean your chin, because you believe in fairy tales.

OK Prove to me that Osama is our utmost enemy
From the way things go, from our (the US Govt) worldly ambitions he seems most likely a friend
He stimulates the process
He's the foundation upon which the repression in every sphere of life depends
Everything attributed to al-Quaeda
The Patriot Act 2 and the similar repressive legislation uttered by Queen Windsor, just yesterday, in this Knights Templar domain which is the UK - ownership of the US without doubt
This isnt wholly a fairy tale, though it's all very Grimm
Get with it - the obvous benefits to whom
This is the creation of a global fascist (Stalinist - howver you want to describe it) state in opposition to the natural upgrading of the global energy

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh
[OK Prove to me that Osama is our utmost enemy
energy

Well lets start with " Because he said so in 1996 and he wants our destruction"

"911 and 3000 Innocent lives lost"

That should be enough for you, but denial can be a very hard monkey to get off your back.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The creation of the "Osama" represents an attempt to inspire nationalism in a people where national pride was starting to stagger. Not to mention the financial benefits of Osama being in Afghanistan. By creating a national enemy of a people, they are more easily subjugated under the thumb of their leaders. The people will readily volunteer their freedom for the sake of security. The people will readily brand, insult, intimidate others who are not of their idealogy. The people will call each other un-American, traitor, etc. if they dare oppose the government or even if they support it.

Our country is split by the division of nationalism. Today's nationalism calls for supporting the actions of Bush, and supporting any war in which our troops take part. Those opposing in the same vehemence represent the other division. Both question each other's humanity and patriotism all the way our politicians are in office voting for themselves and their friends. The will of the people is largely of no matter. But the people do not worry over such issues domestically. They look at the war, they look at Bush, they question the patriotism of their brothers, and forget about our home.

All because of one man, Osama.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
All because of one man, Osama.

Well actually no, he just started it all,

he is irrelevant now.......somewhat.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Ed, ( cant resist) if he was up your pant leg you'd know it.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I thought that it was known that UBL was in China.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well I think that Iran is the most likely choice at this point....

Pakistan - 20% chance
Afghanistan - 20% chance
China - 20% chance
Iran - 30% chance
Unknown - 10%

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Saturday, November 27, 2004 Posted: 9:14 AM EST (1414 GMT)

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- After more than two years of battling remnants of al Qaeda and the Taliban, Pakistan's government announced late Friday it will end its military operation in the tense tribal region of South Waziristan.

The province along the border with Afghanistan is among the potential hiding places for Osama bin Laden and his top lieutenants.

The announcement comes a day after a Pakistani army commander said repeated searches by the military have failed to turn up any trace of bin Laden in the tribal lands.

LL1

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I still think there is a very strong connection between OBL and Yemen.

"Two prominent figures have been named in this connection. The first is Osama bin Laden, who allegedly provided the group with funds and whose extradition from Sudan was sought by Yemen in 1993. His family came originally from Aden but a few of them moved north to Saudi Arabia, where they prospered and were joined by the rest of the family following British withdrawal from Aden and the Marxist take-over. Today there are about 50 members of the family � Saudi citizens � with interests mainly in the construction industry. They are considered the wealthiest non-royal family in the kingdom."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join