It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Observations on what Triggers Astral Projection.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Hello ATS.

This weekend I had some astral projection occur. I am an astral projector noob, but when it does happen, I notice certain triggers occur before it happens. I made this thread in hopes that we could compare notes on what triggers it.

As for the episode this weekend, this is what happened. I went to bed at around 10pm, and then woke up at around 4am needing to pee really bad. After I took care of that I kind of just browsed the internet for about 30 minutes before going back to sleep.

That is when it started. I felt my body paralyze itself so to speak, and then I heard and felt a vibration. Seeing how this is what has happened in the past before I astral project, I focused on the vibrations and allowed it to increase in frequency. once the vibrations were at a high enough level, I attempt to move my astral arm and physical arm apart. Success. Next I do my other arm, and once both are free, I kind of did a push up to get the rest of my astral body out.

Instead of doing the classical flying around, astral me ends up falling to the ground off my bed. I then proceed to crawl around a bit, (remember I mentioned I'm a noob) before finally being able to float to the ceiling of my room. I survey my surroundings and look towards my bed. There is sleeping me, and I see a bright shining light where my pineal gland is on my physical body. Then I kind of just stumble float around my room for a little bit before returning to my body.

Now to summarize, here are the triggers that cause me to astral project:

-I need to wake up at some point in my sleep cycle, and spend a period of about 30 minutes in a waking state.

-Afterwards I will go back to sleep.

-I will feel my body paralyze itself and start hearing and feeling the humming/vibrations. That is when I know my body is ready to attempt to astral project.

Now look, I know there are skeptics out there, including myself. All of this could just be a big show put on by my brain, but I gotta give my brain kudos for being so imaginative if that is the case.

So in closing, what kind of triggers are needed for you to "astral project"?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

What you are sorta describing is the steps and methods to Lucid dreaming,

One of the methods of triggering it, is waking up at a time, interrupting the sleep cycle.

If you wish to experiment a bit, I would cautiously suggest Binarual sounds, I managed to trigger as far as sleep paralysis with them and perhaps a bit more .
edit on 25-3-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I will honor your request because I truly do not know..

For me to achieve some sort of "lucid dreaming" state, one I have done but without design or intent...

1. I need to be comfortable
2. I need to be safe
3. I need to have a specific question that I cannot answer through conventional means.
4. Mushrooms or '___' helps (meditation?) for the intuitive side (low doses please), or a good connection with the target of inquiry.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The best start is to not be afraid of "flying dreams"

You need to conquer that fear of dying from falling. Remember,, You were flying just before you started falling...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It might also be worth stating that after this little astral romp, I had extremely detailed lucid dreams.

I think that astral projection and lucid dreaming are generated in the same part of the brain.

Interesting thoughts so far everyone.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Sounds like the WBTB method, wake back to bed. I use this methos two times a week, set my alarm clock for 4:30am, my husband hates it! Haha!!

Wake Back To Bed, or the WBTB method, is a variation on the Cycle Adjustment Technique with one key difference: the results are immediate. You can use this method every day of the week, or just on weekends - it's up to you. The more you practice this lucid dreaming technique, the more lucid dreams you can have.

This method is a great way for beginners to learn how to have lucid dreams. Many report multiple conscious dreams using the WBTB method, with some lasting over an hour. So if you want to control your dreams but don't give this method a go... you would have to be crazy

The Wake Back To Bed Method
STEP ONE - Go to bed as normal and allow yourself to sleep for six hours. Set your alarm clock or have another early riser wake you up.
STEP TWO - After six hours, get out of bed and fully wake yourself up. Find something to occupy your brain to make you alert. Read about lucid dreaming if you want to stay focused on the subject. Stay alert for 20-60 minutes. (Hint: you must get out of bed!)
STEP THREE - Go back to bed and relax. If your mind is too alert, practice meditation, listen to brainwave entrainment and/or perform Mnemonic Induction of Lucid Dreams. Use your visualization skills to place your mind back in the dreamscape and plan your next lucid dream as you fall asleep.

WBTB method

I tend to have OBE during my afternoon naps, I have noticed this pattern from my dream and astral journal. Meditation has also helped tremendously, I do it daily,even if I only have 10 minutes.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

What I do remember from my early childhood, is that for me, voices and the view had a definite tunnel quality to them. I dont remember how I got to that state, and can do it at will now. Why I dont remember- I was 3. I wish I could add more. For me now, I can now lay down, relax, and fly.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Not true if you instigate the process. There are no "triggers'. Not in intentional, practical and time-invested practice of it. It has a process...that yes...for someone else...can have "triggers".

There are no triggers when its done regularily and intentionally by those experienced in it. (Myself-since 1975)

You need to be specific in that its your own "triggered" experience (or lack of)...and not the actual practice of Astral Projection.

Safe travels...!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
is it possible for one to astral project perhaps while in a lucid dream or while attempting to lucid dream?

i used to be really focused on trying to lucid dream and astral project. i would mediate every night before bed. i got really good at being able to completely clear my mind for long periods of time and relax my entire body. i would get vibrations while feeling like i had sleep paralysis.

but there was a few days in a row where i had these experiences where it felt like the gravity in my room was turned off. i would feel myself lifting off my bed and floating toward the ceiling. i would start to get a little concerned and i would have to literally hold onto my bed with my arms while my legs are being pulled upward with the rest of my body. sometimes i would not be able to grab anything in time and i would find myself against the ceiling looking downward like gravity was working in reverse. don't recall if i saw my body during that time though so i'm not sure if i was out of body or not. anyone ever have experiences like that? really weird stuff. i always get nervous about astral projection just because i hate the thought of leaving my body vulnerable to lower astral entities while i'm not inhabiting it.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

CallmeRaskolnikov
i always get nervous about astral projection just because i hate the thought of leaving my body vulnerable to lower astral entities while i'm not inhabiting it.

Regardless of whether you astral project/lucid dream, you should make an effort to invoke protection auras every night before you go to sleep. How you choose to invoke them is up to you. If you have spirit animals and have good rapport with them, they would gladly stand guard while you slumber.

So don't be afraid about leaving your body, for if it is protected while you leave, there is nothing to worry about.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
S&F very cool info! i would love to astral project but i cant seem to do it even meditating is hard for me, no idea why! i was going to try binaural beats next & see if i have any luck.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

SolarE-Souljah

CallmeRaskolnikov
i always get nervous about astral projection just because i hate the thought of leaving my body vulnerable to lower astral entities while i'm not inhabiting it.

Regardless of whether you astral project/lucid dream, you should make an effort to invoke protection auras every night before you go to sleep. How you choose to invoke them is up to you. If you have spirit animals and have good rapport with them, they would gladly stand guard while you slumber.

So don't be afraid about leaving your body, for if it is protected while you leave, there is nothing to worry about.

i do invoke protection aura on a daily basis, i usually like to use the color violet. but, spirit animal protection.. what a great idea! that thought never crossed my mind! thank you! i'm actually excited now to give that a shot, really puts my mind at ease actually.

Shana91aus

getting good at meditation comes naturally to some but, for other it's literally just a matter of practice and putting in time. sometimes it can be frustrating i know. what i found works best for me is the following...

laying on my back, clear my mind from the daily chatter and start breathing long deep breaths in through the nose out through the mouth. while doing this start at your toes and work your way up to your head relaxing every part of your body like it's melting into the bed. then i focus on only my breathing. i focus on the feeling of the breath coming in right at the entrance of my nose and the feeling of the breath exiting on my lips. no thoughts, no words, no pictures in my minds eye, just an awareness of the feeling of air coming in and coming out. pretty soon before you know it, you mind has been cleared and you are completely relaxed. from there you can go a step further and try to astral project. there are a TON of different methods. different ones work different for everyone but, i find personally this works best for me.
edit on 27-3-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join