It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mysterious object found on beach Maldives Baarah

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Former flight attendant here and that does look suspiciously like an extinguisher from the cargo area. It isn't something I had to work with personally, but a piece that we were trained to be able to identify.

As much as I really didn't want to hear that the plane had crashed into the ocean, if it did, I do hope that this is a part of it so those families can finally get some answers. I think it's pathetic how they were told the plane crashed into the Southern Indian ocean without any real proof. This right here could very likely be legit. If so, I hope more identifiable parts wash up soon. Those people need closure.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
What if it is supposed to ping a satellite?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I emailed CNN and included link to original article. Lets see what happens.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

Thank you. I have been skimming back through all the pages, but I havent come across it yet. lol My eyes are beginning to cross.

If anyone is good at google searching, things I remember about it was it was on one of the islands, there was more than one body, dogs were helping themselves to the remains, and there was a picture.
I believe I recall people posting that the island, beach was near the area the plane was last radar spotted after it had headed west.
Pitiful I know, sorry, Im pretty tired and recouping from a operation.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
German news reported days ago (I hope source attached) fishermen from Maldives reported seeing the aircraft flying at low altitude over them headed in a NW direction. This was quickly dispelled by the MSM without rationale, wonder why if in fact this halon sphere is from the 777.

www.n24.de...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

bkfd54
German news reported days ago (I hope source attached) fishermen from Maldives reported seeing the aircraft flying at low altitude over them headed in a NW direction. This was quickly dispelled by the MSM without rationale, wonder why if in fact this halon sphere is from the 777.

www.n24.de...

yes, but this is what everybody already knows. that is the reason why it is strange now to find exactly in this region some debries, while the officials tell us the plane crashed thousands of kilometer away.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I emailed CNN and included link to original article. Lets see what happens.
reply to post by SylentWeaponz

Wahhoooo well done.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Body parts washed up on a beach? And nobody started a thread about it?!!!
What has happened to ATS?!!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

earthling42

The MNDF spokesperson major Hussein Ali reported that they are now looking into this "unknown" object that had washed up onto Baarah Island. He did not give details.

While some of the islanders speculate this unknown object to be a sea mine, others imagine it as another form of an explosive.

www.haveeru.com.mv...

Another photo of this object on this page
www.haveeru.com.mv...

This object is to small to be a sea mine, would it be related to the mystery of MH370? my guess is yes.
This object really looks like a fire extinguisher from a plane, Cargo area.
aae-ltd.com...
dc725.4shared.com...

It definitely looks like a pressurized container of some sort, containing, oxygen or fire retardant foam.

I'm wondering whether it could have exploded due to the altitude, or simply because it was released suddenly. There's a hazard with fire hoses in that they can become "pressurized" with a large air bubble trapped at the valve. Release it suddenly and there's likely be an explosion. Imagine if it had shot it's way out of the side of the plane.

Here's another picture:

www.omnigas.com...
www.omnigas.com...

I saw a fire extinguisher on sale on Ebay - it had the little clasps just the same as the one in the picture.
edit on 25-3-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

The only thing I could find about bodies washing up the Maldives shore was from late last year, at a resort the Bekhams were staying at.

The Beckham family's Christmas getaway seems as if it could be shaping up to be the holiday from hell, after a huge fireworks explosion and a body was found washed up on the beach at their Maldives resort.

David and Victoria and their four children - Brooklyn, Romeo, Cruz, and Harper - are reportedly spending the festive break and New Year at a seven star hotel complex.

But according to local news reports on the island, the body of a Sri Lankan national was found in the lagoon of the resort this morning.

source

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

We really need a better picture people. There is no perspective to show the actual size of the object. you might say oh look at those logs but they could really just be sticks tricking you due to the scenery. The plants look like they very small but they could be large too who knows. The object could be any size here.

Going with very small like a Christmas tree ornament size.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jennyfrenzy

He was kidding about bodies washing up along the shore... The poster was joking by saying watch it happen.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Meditationplus

Um, its actually a fire extinguisher. They do come in several sizes. But they all come from aircraft. End of.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

I didn't start a new thread about it because we were trying to keep everything related to the planes disappearance in one thread instead of having numerous threads going about all the different things we found. For example, I had posted about the Freescale thing very early on, just took awhile before people finally caught on to it when a new thread was made about it later. Members complain when there is too many threads or not enough. Hard to win here.This was just one of many.

I apologize, I forget who tried to do the search, just don't want to make two responses, but one thing I forgot to mention was that it was a foreign link or paper that I read the English translation too if that helps at all. I had to take a nap so I'll start looking again. I went back in my history but it didn't go far enough. I know for a fact it is in the big thread somewhere though. I will track it down because it is bugging me now.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Definetly looks convincing to me, but I wonder who took the picture. Was it a civilian, did they take any more pictures to give us some more detail?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Halon extinguishers were phased out 10-15 years ago

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DistantThunder

www.boeing.com...

Handheld fire extinguishers are provided throughout the airplane cabin for manual firefighting. Boeing airplanes currently use water or Halon 1211 fire extinguishers. Boeing is working on a replacement for halon extinguishers, but it is not yet available. (For an in-depth discussion on halon, see Replacing Halon in Fire Protection Systems: A Progress Report in this issue of AERO.)

Halon 1211 fire extinguishers have a minimum Underwriters Laboratories rating of 5B:C. This type of extinguisher contains approximately 2.5 pounds (1 kilogram) of Halon 1211, weighs about 4 pounds (1.8 kilograms), and can be used on any fire likely to occur in the airplane, including paper, fabric, electrical, or flammable fluids. Halon 1211 extinguishers have also been successful in extinguishing fires behind the sidewall panels.

Water fire extinguishers have FAA technical standard order (TSO)-C19c certification approval. These units are intended to combat fires involving combustible materials such as paper and textiles.

Halon 1211 or equivalent fire extinguishers are spaced throughout the cabin and easily accessible from the aisle or entryway. A water fire extinguisher is typically located near a lavatory-galley complex. In some cases, one or more Halon 1211 extinguishers are used in place of the water fire extinguisher.

www.boeing.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
and...............

Typically, cargo fire suppression systems have an initial high-rate knockdown discharge, followed by a low-rate metered discharge of Halon 1301, designed to keep the fire suppressed for continued safe flight and landing at the nearest suitable airport

www.boeing.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

CaptainBeno
reply to post by Mianeye

You mean thugs hired by whoever to hurriedly remove evidence.

ahhh an "Oh # moment" captured in real time
edit on 25-3-2014 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

An Explosives Ordenance Disposal team will put 2 kilos of C4 under this and blow it back to where it came from..

Then, and only then, will come the cry - "Anyone remember to write down the serial number ??"

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

CaptainBeno
and...............

Typically, cargo fire suppression systems have an initial high-rate knockdown discharge, followed by a low-rate metered discharge of Halon 1301, designed to keep the fire suppressed for continued safe flight and landing at the nearest suitable airport

www.boeing.com...

I remember when i was working as a Bars manager in a nightclub in the mid 90's.
Every month i had to give fire training. About '96 or '97 we had to bin the HALON extinguishers because they were deemed a bigger threat to the user than to the fire..
edit on AM3Wed20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join