It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: 50% of Americans believe in at-least one medical "conspiracy".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Health conspiracy theories are widely believed.

Nearly half of American adults believe the federal government, corporations or both are involved in at least one conspiracy to cover up health information, a new survey finds.

• 37% agree the Food and Drug Administration is keeping "natural cures for cancer and other diseases" away from the public because of "pressure from drug companies."
• 20% believe health officials are hiding evidence that cellphones cause cancer.
• 20% believe doctors and health officials push child vaccines even though they "know these vaccines cause autism and other psychological disorders."
• Smaller numbers endorse theories involving fluoride, genetically modified foods and the deliberate infection of African Americans with HIV.
• 49% believe at least one of the theories and 18% believe at least three.

Government and big business are colluding against the people? No way!

Why in the heck would people think they're trying to suppress natural cures?

Cancer: the forbidden cures.

Cellphones dont cause cancer. How do we know? Because a "study" sponsored by the telecom industry and government said so!

The Mobile Telecommunications and Health Research programme was the UK’s largest research programme to look at the possible health risks associated with mobile phone technology.

Vaccines arent dangerous. Well, yes they are. Just dont tell anyone, shhhhhhh.

Courts Quietly Confirm MMR Vaccine Causes Autism.

IMHO, much of the enlightenment is due to the world wide web.

Go interwebz!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I never voted on this! Because if everyone actually voted on this as a whole this number would be much higher than 50% me thinks....

There is no way that there isn't a cure for cancer yet, no way....That is the big one I can think of immediately...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I dunno, I only have anecdotal evidence,

And a DR brave enough to recommend something.

Used to be on disability, miserably filling my self with prescriptions.

Not anymore, Working Gainfully employed, off disability, an Big pharma had nothing to do with it.

Generally feeling healthier than I have in a Long time.

But no conspiracy,

I just can't talk about it apparently here.
edit on 25-3-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

gladtobehere

• 37% agree the Food and Drug Administration is keeping "natural cures for cancer and other diseases" away from the

Thats probably the only one that has some sort of truth behind it.

Its pretty much known big Pharma use patenting rights, FDA loop holes and teams of lawyers to create a unfair advantage in the Pharma world. I know a few professors that are tearing there hairs (or what left of there hair) out over there MS research.
edit on 25-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Chrisfishenstein

There is no way that there isn't a cure for cancer yet, no way....That is the big one I can think of immediately...

The phrase "cure for cancer" pisses me off.

Cancer is not just one disease. There are many different forms of cancer and the fact is even if a cure is found for one (which in some cases there are basically cure out there) it doesn't mean it will work for the myriad of others.

In some ways there are "cures" out there already. In fact now days most cancers can be treated successfully if caught in time. It just a case of discovering better ways that have less side effects and will work at a later stage.
edit on 25-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Around 50% of Americans believe the earth is less tan 10,000 years old and a similar figure believe the sun orbits the earth so I'm not sure if the American public opinion is the best yardstick for... anything, really.
edit on 25-3-2014 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

top topics

join