It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darkbake's Manga: Chronicles of Noveria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Hello A.T.S. and welcome to the world-wide debut of my new manga, Chronicles of Noveria! On my team I have an artist, as well as a co-author and authority on Japanese culture.

The first story arch follows Claude, Sinder, Tori and Claire as they head into the Savannah in order to hunt lightning stags in a coming-of-age ritual.

Probably going to be releasing one panel per month, as they are costly, but there is your first one - keeping the whole manga to this thread. What do you guys think?? Discuss!
edit on 24pmMon, 24 Mar 2014 20:30:23 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

If I may ask what is the cost?

are you not drawing digitally?

Looks pretty good, style wise, I shall eagerly await more.

Eta:

I would also add, remember story will always trump art if plot and writing are sound the reader will forgive much.

Pluto, an amazing Manga story, as an example, is a simplistic style with riveting story.
edit on 24-3-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Looks pretty slick Darkbake. I heard you mention you were working on this in another thread a while back and forgot about it. I'm gonna friend you so I don't miss the other entries when the arrive!

Also, what the hell is a "lightning stag" sounds awesome.

Kallisti

Also, have you and the team considered Kickstarter for additional fund generation? I hear its all the rage these days.
edit on Cpm9Monday2920141731Mon, 24 Mar 2014 21:29:17 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: eta

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Awesome!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
S&F I almost had to wake my daughter up to come look. She is absolutely into all things anime and manga. She spends hours on end drawing her own. I have started to post a few of her things here, but figured nobody here was into that kind of stuff. It's good and not just because I am her mother.

I can't wait to see more of your work DB. It looks awesomely impressive to me.
I gave up drawing years ago and am in awe of those who stick to it and put it to good use. I can't wait to see more.
edit on 3/24/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

A star for you Darkbake. I will be following and saving your story. What is your cost? I would like to try one of these myself. I have an Intuit graphic art tablet that I have been working with and I love it. I will watch and see how your story unfolds so I can see how to write and draw one for myself.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Any progress lately?

new topics

top topics

join