It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Imposes Sanctions Against Canada!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
To be fair I have to share a observation I made . The big 3 in Canada (if you count the liberals) were on cbc and they all took the same stance to the situation in Ukraine sticking to the west's meme of Russia's invasion . The Snowden document makes it clear that any ambitions of politics withing the Five Eyes group will have to tow the line .That goes for Obama as well .Read about the deep state to get a good handle on who the puppet masters might be .....peace Oh and I did vote NDP but I see them as maybe part of moving Canadian politics in a different direction . Remember that Harper said he would wipe the political landscape of the Liberal party ....just saying

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
do you guys think any of the sanctions from each side will have deep impact or it's just empty words and fooling the public (voters)?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

On the flipside, since the Crimean region is legally part of Ukraine, why don't those that want to ruled by Russia move to Russia.

Just Sayin.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Post the "Blame Canada" song. haha

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

Be careful about what numbers you hear coming from the Fed .Remember that the Lib's could twist the data and I am thinking that the Con's are better at it ...just sayin

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

I think Russias sanctions will be greater than the US/Can/Isr/EU.
The NWO relies on Russia for oil and natural gas, and some EU countries also for food import.
Russia on the other hand can handle them selfes.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by InspiredByDesign

It may be a situation like Quebec . Do you think if Quebec separates they will be moving somewhere else ? A lot of Canadians may say well just move to France ...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

It may give the present Govt . a easy scape goat for the real numbers that will eventually come out .The Harper Govt. has been Blaming the LIb's for years now and could probably use some other source for some of the numbers surely to be released soon . I am not sure if the auditor generals report is out yet ..I haven't been hearing anything about that because of the other things hitting the front pages of the news .

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
it seems to me that we have crazy drunken party in the woods and all of the irrational intoxicated participants are playing with the camp fire for their own amusement and benefit.

I just hope they don't burn the forest...
edit on 24-3-2014 by demus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahsurexxx

No they don't. Sanctions are negligible on both sides. Check who Russia exports to. Its the little guys that get hit middle like Hungary, Poland, Ukraine. None of the big players in the EU rely heavily on Russian exports neither does the US.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by InspiredByDesign

Well, the Ukraine has traditionally been allies with Russia, so moving to join Europe is technically the change which needs to be looked at not the previous alliance.

The changing of the government of the Ukraine in one area does not represent all the people of the Ukraine. The ones who took over Ukraine are the conquerers here, they are not wanting to listen to the people of their country. Why should 80 percent plus of the people in crimea have to leave their homes when only about ten percent actually want this new system.

If our federal government in DC was taken over by a bunch of radicals and said we were joining with Russia.....The people here where I live should have the right to vote to succeed and join Canada. The way Russia dealt with the situation in Crimea was appropriate.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

So by that logic, if I get 80% of the people on my street to vote to secede to Russia, then we should just be allowed to do so, no questions asked.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
from a country where a succession prone province has a national party
thanks there mr oil party hack...
supporting the nazi party of ukraine much?
hows the afgahni smack business treating you buddy?
hiel Harper
edit on Monpm3b20143America/Chicago42 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

demus
you know when the kids are playing and poking each other and after some time as one push too far and another one get insulted or threatened it turns into a real fight.

I'm not saying it's going to happen but there is a possibility...

Russia retaliates by sending over long range strategic bombers and taking out all the Puffa winter jacket factories

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Unity_99
Our government is rogue. And does not serve the people.

I second that. We should have stayed away from what's happening and not get involved sanctioning Russia. Harper is an american kiss@ss.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by demus

Freakin Harper man, This is not our fight. We should be smart and just back away and keep our relationship with Russia.

This is the USA's fight not ours, Frakk the North American Union. There is no reason why we should be following in America's footsteps.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

snypwsd
reply to post by demus

Freakin Harper man, This is not our fight. We should be smart and just back away and keep our relationship with Russia.

This is the USA's fight not ours, Frakk the North American Union. There is no reason why we should be following in America's footsteps.

and not only following, at least what I got from the news is that Canada was in some cases leading with their diplomatic actions against Russia.

yeah but that is even worse, pushing harder than bigger players to prove yourself worthy of USA greatness and mercy.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

nwtrucker
reply to post by jude11

I find your response a bit lacking in facts and heavy on old rhetoric re: the U.S..

First, Canada's third largest ethnicity, or at least, in my day, is/was Ukrainian. Much of the west was settled by Ukrainians and that has had a large influence on the policies in Ottawa regarding Russia/the Soviet Union. Suffice to say not fans thereof.LOL.

Second, Canada has a federal surplus for this year. The U.S. trillions more in debt. I hardly see that as an Obama butt licker. Rather more like Harper is whipping Obama's butt. If that's "ruining" Canada...well send some of that down south.We could use some...LOL

First, we are talking about Russia imposing sanctions because of a conflict in THEIR region instigated by and controlled by the West.

Second, if you were Canadian, you would see more of the butt licking but as a "Down South" you are most likely caught up in your own mess and like so many couldn't give a Damn about Canada. My guess.

Third...I am a Ukrainian/Canadian...So which side should I be taking?

NONE!

Because I Don't sit in the halls of corruption or the banker's back rooms where it was all planned out years ago.

Peace

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I wrote John Baird our foreign affairs minister, the one that jacked $200,000 from taxpayers to buy his way into Ukraine for a photo op.

Foreign affairs us a token position in Canada . These goofs think because the central bank cartel left them in top spot in the G8 that that gives them some right to give their half baked opinions to the rest of the world. I cannot express my anger and embarrassment enough although i tried my hardest in the letter.

I suggest any Canadians here that have an opinion should share it with the government they financially support.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

I'd say the Ukrainians. Putin has proved his intentions with Georgia-he's still there.

The U.S. is partly to blame for this military move by Russia in that the Ukrainians agreed to get rid of their nukes in exchange for U.S./NATO ABM protection. Obama reneged leaving the Ukraine with no protection whatsoever.

Being "Ukrainian" you should know perfectly well what I was saying. Rather you used this event to run an anti-Harper diatribe when there is really no alternative available in Canada to avoid those "Bankers".

The last thing Harper can be accused of is a butt licker of Obama. Pushing that old Canadian button is disingenuous as there are and always be points of similar interests between the two nations.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join