It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Propose A Pact Among ATS Members

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Well, I must confess something to you all... I had 3 brothers, and we had such a pact, because we were, and still are, into metaphysical things. I now only have 2 brothers. No contact yet either, and 3 left we have all been keeping our eyes open for it. That's where I got this idea. I figured hey, couldn't hurt to expand the brotherhood a bit. Cause you never know. And Emily, I hear ya.

And btw, cassini, seeing as you edited the the title of the post, how bout "I Propose A Post-Mortem Pact Among ATS Members"... Would that be ok?

[edit on 25-11-2004 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
ideas on why this rarly happens

maby reincarnation

The time stream is different in the after life

they dont wish to leave the after life (to enjoyable or something is threatining to punish them if they leave)

a barrier that prevents any but the strongest to get through like a gap between the worlds.

Or they simply is no afterlife and everyone of us is a skitzo

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
I'm in.

Anyone planning on dying soon?

Well i dont know to be honest,
*gets hit by a car*

MacKiller.....this is infinite from beyond the grave

*puts on spooky music*

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Tell you what ill come back as a smiley!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
umm I was wondering, when you pass over, could you set up a Jam
for me, with maybe ronnie van zandt and stevie ray vaughn, now
that would be cool

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I hope I have a looong time 'till I'm supposed to die, but if I do I'll try to contact you. Unless I'm really old when I die and have alteimer's. In that case I might forget it...

Oh, if I contact you, how would you know who it was? Is that up to us?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
lol hmm.. intresting *imagines someone gets killed in ATS to prove the thread*

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
lol you people are too funny...and I knew this was coming...

I always had a hunch, that IF there is some kind of afterlife, and IF our energy matter is not scattered all over the unviverse when we die, never to be heard from again, and IF we are on earth for some kind of learning experience of cause-effect as one member here put it, that the "rules" in the afterlife probably strictly prohibit any entity from establishing contact with the living to divulge sensitive information. How this all ties in with "mediums" and "channelers" who regularly claim to talk to spirits of the dead, I have no clue. The pact idea is put forth, actually, to help reinfore this thought that once you are gone, there really is "no turning back" in any way shape or form.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
From the "other side". And I wasn't alone so I can prove it. There was nine of us in the same room at the time.

So I already know that we exist in some form after we die. Has no one else had an experience like this before?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
well, fill us in on your experience, please.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
well bike, no I don't, because if we the living knew of a definate way....

and that's the point. "IF" there is a way, which of course, you would only find out after your death.

OF course!!!!!! There must be a way, dreams probably or channeling
I'll contact you and tell you all the real and the false conspiracies!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you look like that lass in the pic ill contact ya, watch ya in the shower, open curtains, make you tea, make your dinner, hoover your house, laugh at your awful jokes.

Im game though, would be fun...!

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I'll try but I'm not very good at writing.......so please bear with me.

Basically what happened is my grandfather died and "came back"' on the day of his funeral to make sure that my father looked after/took care of my mom.

We had just come back from the funeral and all day my dad had been acting "not himself". We were all sitting in the kitchen and one of my sisters (she was around 15) was crying on my dads shoulder. All of a sudden she looks up and starts saying "your not my father" and starts to back away from my dad. Well, all us other kids (there is seven of us total,) think our oldest sister has lost her mind and start backing away from her.

Then my dad starts saying "no, I'm grandpa" and NOT in his own voice either. Well, at 5 I didn't understand alot of it, but knew that my family was flakin out because i have never heard of this happening at anyones elses funeral. So I did what any self respcting 5 year old would do. i ran like He**. Just like everyone else did. But we couldn't get out of the room. Later, my oldest sister said it was like someone was pushing her back into the room.

Then all of a sudden, my dads expression changes and you see something rise out of him and go "up" through the ceiling. You can see my dad is wondering what the heck is going on. And when we tell him he saysthat all he remembers is feeling such a great feeling of piece. He says no words could describe what he felt.

Then, my mom starts to say"this is grandpa" we all freak out again, but stay at the kitchen table this time. She looks at dad and says "you take care of margaret, just take care of margaret" and then "he" was gone.
She said it in a different voice as well. She also said that she felt this great peace when it happened and didn't have a clue what was going on.

Thats about the whole of it....I have never told anyone this story cuz I know how whacked it sounds......But I do have nine people that could verify it. There are seven kids in my family, and my two parents. We never talked about it. Every once in awhile someone would start a conversation on it, but everyone felt alittle weird about it so the subject would be changed.

Maybe i could get one or all of them to give me there recollections of what happened. I'll try, dunno though.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Pretty bizzare alright.

Well it is these kinds of stories, along with all the stories we here of mediums and channelers talking to the dead, that prompts me to write this post, requesting that we make a pact that if one of us dies, he or she will commit ahead of time to attempt in any way possible, some kind of contact with the living. As long as it is possible of course. Given what you say in your bizarre incident, there may be some kind of "window" time period that one has to do stuff like this immediately after death. It is a touchy subject, for sure, as I know none of like to think we are going to die. But history proves otherwise. Might as well face it.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
very freaky. It makes me think you only have a little bit of time to visit the people you want to. Or to finish unfinished business.

I have had one other experience, but I am the only witness to that and seens how everyone wants "Proof" that it occured, I cannot give it.

Needless to say, the other experience was close to the time of death too.
Which, again, leads me to believe that the time to do things after you die is short.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
But I am already communicating with the board from beyond the grave.

MWa hahahahahhahaha.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Yes, I believe the dead are still here for a little while after their passing. Maybe the trick is to try to stay "aware" of yourself. That awareness probably wears off after awhile and you go on to another plane of existence.
In the case of ghosts, they never sucumb to the lure of the next plane. Or maybe they're half in and half out of that plane somehow. Torn between two worlds.
Contact with the long dead can be obtained through dreams. Our dreams are a more compatible "plane of existence" with the plane that they(spirits) live in. Therefore I think communication is more possible between the living and the dead through dreams because it's almost a common "meeting place". But even in dreams it's sometimes hard to translate their message. Sometimes numbers are backwards or you can't figure out what they're saying. And on top of that you must feel yourself to be sure that it is indeed a message from the "dead" and not just a wishful "normal" dream of them.

Hope I'm not talking gibberish! lol

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
hmm...dreams...well, not sure this is exactly what I meant elaine. I was after more tangible ways of contact. I think dreams are too easy to misinterpret, and I know that as soon as someone says "In my dream...etc, etc," I am very skeptical and tend to move on. I'd be interested to know what you people think might be a possible way for this to occur is, just as elaine has suggested, but more tangible. Even such that we might facilitate the suggested method here on earth if possible. As in the bizzare story above, it suggests that the recently deceased may be able to temporarily occupy a living person's body, and speak to people, using a different voice. Quite interesting, actually. Any other ways you guys can think of?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well, True, like your thread about synchronicity, I believe you'd just have to be aware of what "they're" trying to tell you. But even then it could be put down as coincidence.
For instance I had an older friend whose husband died of cancer. I and my mother helped our friend to clean the house after about a week of him passing. I "sensed" he was still there when I'd been in the house for a few minutes. It felt very strong. And yes, I'm known as a sortive a psychic to my family and friends.
Anyway they had a jacuzzi tub. I decided to clean it up a bit so I climbed in and went to work on it. As I worked I thought about Mr._____and how I could still feel his presence. I asked Mr.______in my head to show me a sign if he was still there.
The jacuzzi tub turned ON right after I asked, the jets loudly humming. And no there was no water in it, I was nowhere near the button, noone else was near it either and there was nothing mechanically wrong with it.
Was that coincidence or was it Mr._____ message?

[edit on 26-11-2004 by elaine]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I, for one, have no plans on dying. But the rest of you feel free to leave a message k?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
When I die, how am I supposed ta know u guys?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join