It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration Laws in the United States

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
this is my personal political opinion
i would like to create a discussion about this particular subject

and id love to see other peoples ideas about it

and if you reply i would ask could you
-list your position
- list the reasons why or why not *bad or good side effects*

ok

I Believe that America should do one of two things to avoid being a total hypocrit

We should Either Let all immigrants come and live in america *unless they are criminals or suspected terrorists*

we dont need to let the bad guys in
but Everyone else should be allowed

OR
we should just go ahead and tear down that hypocritical statue
The Statue of Liberty
because that statue represents Free Immigration into the United states to escape the terrors of their homeland

so summed up
Either = Let the Immigrants in
OR = Tear down the Statue of Liberty

let the discussion begin

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This is great until YOU start paying their way. I for one am sick of paying for all the welfare and health of immigrants untill they can find work to support themself's... Which may take some time, as I have seen in CA. Most if not all hispanic's do not want to learn and speak english. So we (the US & CA) have to translate EVERYTHING into spanish for them... This limits them to higher paying jobs.
As in most of europe ie; French, will not talk to you unless you have some basic french.
Post your views......

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
There's compromise in what you propose. I'm for keeping out criminals, terrorists, and maybe some other groups, which would be very controversial, but which I believe is necessary for the well-being of our nation.

But we cannot just let everyone else in, because we simply can't absorb everyone into our borders. The numbers are too big. We need to have limits on how many we can let in.

Funny how everyone slams the US for all of it's perceived faults, and yet are so anxious to come over here. When they are here, they protest and burn our flag.

Ironic that some countries (Cuba) prohibit their citizens from leaving at will. This is the same as slavery, IMO.

Maybe we should have a limited bill of rights for first generation immigrants.

[edit on 27-11-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Maybe we should have a limited bill of rights for first generation immigrants.

Ouch. Uhm, no.

�Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.�

It isn't easy, but we have ideals to live up to.

"We stand for freedom. That is our conviction for ourselves; that is our only commitment to others."
John F. Kennedy

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
OR
we should just go ahead and tear down that hypocritical statue
The Statue of Liberty
because that statue represents Free Immigration into the United states to escape the terrors of their homeland

The Statue of Liberty has nothing to do with immigrants or liberty. Read David Icke. It's an Illuminati symbol.

new topics

top topics

join