It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Closed thread?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I've just spent my morning reading through the 'police kill illegal camper ' thread , when I got to the end and was about to reply I noticed there is no reply or quote buttons. Does this mean it's closed?
Can someone tell me why?
If a thread is closed I would assume some sort of explanation should be put up to inform us of the reason.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LoopyLou

I just posted on it just fine...

As far as an explanation for a closed thread, that is up to the mods to decide if we need to know or not. Lots of times it is just closed per staff review and then that is it.
Or a generic closed due to several T&C violations, which is generally true
edit on rdSun, 23 Mar 2014 16:52:11 -0500America/Chicago320141180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I'm new but if the last post was from a mod it may have been closed or 'under review'.

Can you post the link?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

LoopyLou
I've just spent my morning reading through the 'police kill illegal camper ' thread , when I got to the end and was about to reply I noticed there is no reply or quote buttons. Does this mean it's closed?
Can someone tell me why?
If a thread is closed I would assume some sort of explanation should be put up to inform us of the reason.

As of 2 seconds ago I was able to reply to that thread from multiple different computers.

My guess is it is a problem on your end. Have you taken the basic troubleshooting steps of closing your browser or logging out or anything similar?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It does that to me sometimes. Clear you cache and log back in.

In my cases it will allow you to reply with a quote but won't let you post a general reply.

My iPad does it a lot .

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

I just posted as well. The cop need to be removed from gun ownership. When you watch the video most people focused on "should the cop have shot?"

My focus is quite different. When you watch the video the cops says "Booyah!" right before saying "moving up" at the end of the video.

Booyah! is a term used to express joy or happiness. Personally I don't want ANY cops taking joy from killing a human. Those that do take joy from it need to be removed from the force, or society altogether.....

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Ahh yes I see I can reply if I'm replying to a specific person, I just don't have the icons for a general reply to the thread. I will make it work.
Thanks!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

TiedDestructor

In my cases it will allow you to reply with a quote but won't let you post a general reply.

My iPad does it a lot .

Yup on an ipad!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Mamatus

I just posted as well. The cop need to be removed from gun ownership. When you watch the video most people focused on "should the cop have shot?"

My focus is quite different. When you watch the video the cops says "Booyah!" right before saying "moving up" at the end of the video.

Booyah! is a term used to express joy or happiness. Personally I don't want ANY cops taking joy from killing a human. Those that do take joy from it need to be removed from the force, or society altogether.....

Ya after you post I re watched the video and heard it, sick...
And then we have a user saying that was just a command the officer gave the dog

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

LoopyLou

TiedDestructor

My iPad does it a lot .

Yup on an ipad!

If it won't let you logout then turn on private browsing and then log out and log back in. You can stay in private or go back to standard. Just FYI

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Booyah! is not in the list of K9 commands..... He pulled the trigger watched him drop and got his jiz on. Makes me sick and I am calling their department today to let them know just how bad it looks.

I have laid into the front desk of six different police departments in the last two weeks..... It is WAY OUT OF HAND!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I just checked and that thread's definitely still open and members are posting. Last post was about three minutes ago.

Hopefully you've solved whatever glitch you had at your end. (Thanks to members who've offered advice.
)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Indeed that thread is still open.

Threads may be closed for a variety of reasons, all pertaining to the T&C. Usually they are re-opened after the staff review the content.

Since the answer has been provide, this thread is now closed.

~Tenth

top topics

join