It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we have a Polling feature on the forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Seems to me the ability to conduct polls would be a big hit on ATS. Polls are great cus one can instantly see the results of those who voted yeah, nay, for or against etc and KNOW how the Majority feels about a given issue.

Why does this help? It will give people a sense of knowing the direction we are going in with a given issue. We can point to this data and say, Look, this is what the majority (at least of those who voted) thinks, without having to make uneducated guesses. With all the data and subjects that come across ATS we would get a broad overall view of what people really think as a majority.

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I have requested this several times my self.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
As far as voting, historically a third are for any issue, a third are against and a third don't care.

Survey says?

If you like what someone has to say you could always star and flag?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

that would be a great idea BUT i would not be to suprised if three letter agency type's had a big 60 inch screen and 20 accounts

and all the time in the world to affect vote's it is not like they do not do it in elections where EVEN THE DEAD VOTE

flag for a good idea give yourself a star later
edit on 23-3-2014 by 999zxcv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I would vote 4 it.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I can answer that - "Well, that's a big, fat NO!"

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I support this suggestion 100%.
Second?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I would LOVE to see this as well. It would be really interesting to see what the statistics are for where the site membership stands on various issues.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Davian
I support this suggestion 100%.
Second?

INDEED.

Folks could have an option to opt out of it showing up on their screens. That would skew the results. So what. At least we'd have a rough approximation of what those interested in seeing such polls thought about the issues polled about.

GIVEN that this is a

DENY IGNORANCE site . . . WHY NOT collect and display the collective perspectives on various issues and the percentages of readers ascribing to each?

I think such could even be predictive on some issues in some contexts . . . some of them potentially life saving, actually.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Discussed years ago by mods in this thread.

Apparently it was brought up in the council forum and they decided against it...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I second that idea.
Would be cool to see how people feel about an issue.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Interesting. I wondered why it didn't have a poll feature. Many other forums have them. They could easily restrict poll creation and voting/results for that matter by post-count/time served to keep out the riff-raff.

top topics

join