It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ricin made in Wash.DC dorm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
A Washington DC student has been arrested and charged with producing RICIN in his dormitory....
Apparently buying the precursors locally....
How can society expect to deal with the advanced capabilities of such potential threats?
If Ricin is that easy to make for some civilian student, then there is obviously potential here for even deadlier substances being made as well.....
source NDTV
Teetering on the brink of financial chaos...can the USG afford to loosen the stranglehold they have on all communications media?
Or is this just another alarming false flag episode to tighten that hold?
Any opinions?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Ricin is not actually hard to make.

If he did buy the precursors then he needs to explain himself, ricin is no joke.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Since you didn't bother...

I did:

(Reuters) - A Georgetown University student who made the deadly chemical ricin in his dorm room was arrested in Washington, D.C. on Friday for illegal possession of a biological toxin, an FBI spokeswoman said.

The student, Daniel Harry Milzman, made the white powder with materials he bought at local stores, including The Home Depot and American Plant Company, according to an affidavit filed in court on Thursday. He found the recipe for making it by doing a search on his iPhone, investigators said.

www.reuters.com...

Seems to me, this is a case of "I did it to see if I could."

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Mirthful Me
Since you didn't bother...

I did:

(Reuters) - A Georgetown University student who made the deadly chemical ricin in his dorm room was arrested in Washington, D.C. on Friday for illegal possession of a biological toxin, an FBI spokeswoman said.

The student, Daniel Harry Milzman, made the white powder with materials he bought at local stores, including The Home Depot and American Plant Company, according to an affidavit filed in court on Thursday. He found the recipe for making it by doing a search on his iPhone, investigators said.

www.reuters.com...

Seems to me, this is a case of "I did it to see if I could."

Or yet another FBI Honey pot.

"I need someone to make Ricin, Ill pay a lot of money"

Poor broke student

"I guess I could make it"

FBI Undercover

"Perfect, here is a list of tools and supplies, complete with instructions and where to buy"

Broke Student.

"Um Okay..."

FBI Agent

"Oops your going to gitmo, Looks like all that money on surveillance and squashing rights is money well spent..."

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

sorry thats bullwax, no one baits people to make chemicals like ricin.

Just because you know how NEVER means you should. I dont care how poor you are.

If he synthesized this willingly then he deserves everything he gets. Like a bomber that blows his arms off, buhu.
edit on b21211254 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

benrl
Or yet another FBI Honey pot.

Or it's exactly what is being reported.

People unwilling to believe the average person is capable of really dumb and dangerous things are just as blind as people that believe everything the govt does is wonderful.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

And its not like the Fed haven't baited honey pots to justify their existence in the past.

I do not trust any "terror" report coming from them.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

benrl
reply to post by Biigs

And its not like the Fed haven't baited honey pots to justify their existence in the past.

And it's not like people haven't done random\horrible things since the dawn of time.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

opethPA

benrl
reply to post by Biigs

And it's not like people haven't done random\horrible things since the dawn of time.

And its not like we live in a time when both the Media and the Government seem to be in cohorts to sell fear to the massive to justify the taking of rights.

I question an Organization that since its inception has been used as a conterintel dept for people the government dislikes.

Since Hoover, the FBI has been a cancer to Justice.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Since anything and everything can be found on the internet,and obviously Ricin was made with ingredients that anyone can purchase...my only question is,after he made it,what was he planning to do with it? Can't it also kill the one making it? It's his thought process that interests me,not where he got instructions or ingredients.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

"He found the recipe for making it by doing a search on his iPhone, investigators said."

Makes it sound like he just asked SIRI.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
he didnt make an axe, which can be used for a variety of things.

he made a deadly poison to kill humans. Theres just no excuse.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I blame Breaking Bad for any and all ricin cases. The show brought a lot of attention to this highly toxic substance that isn't too hard to make, and the show also told all its viewers what the effects can be and how its very hard to trace if you're not looking for it... Not surprised when I see stories like this.. It's also like shows like Dexter that show your common idiot how to be a serial killer...
edit on 23-3-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

jhn7537

I blame Breaking Bad for any and all ricin cases. The show brought a lot of attention to this highly toxic substance that isn't too hard to make, and the show also told all its viewers what the effects can be and how its very hard to trace if you're not looking for it... Not surprised when I see stories like this.. It's also like shows like Dexter that show your common idiot how to be a serial killer...
edit on 23-3-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

I was kinda wondering that myself, if he had seen Breaking Bad and maybe was a chemistry student.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Sorry no link...(I don't know how to do that in windows aps er 8)
wish xp wasn't old now....
The ricin story got me because it IS not too difficult to produce.......in my country one cannot buy what they call precursors to explosives....Nitric acid etc....without official paperwork...
The idea that things like ricin are attainable to a student, does not bode well ......
What if the Tsarnaev bros tried ricin instead of pressure cookers?
With the Belize govt selling passports to any and all possible terrorists.....and the ingredients available...a foreign agent could enter North America and purchase his ingredients for a homemade WMD off the open market....whats to stop this?
The whole phoney war on terror is a sham when this kind of attack is duck soup for even the lowest scoring terror school grad....
Seeing how Meth was made blew my mind at the ease of it...but this is just ridiculous....
There is no way in hell the gubermint can stop a determined terrorista........
Kinda leads me to think that there are far fewer ones that are for real than we are led to believe....

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Which really they can be used for a variety of things. They made a deadly poison to kill humans. There are no excuse.

new topics

top topics

join