It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Takes Sides: Sues Ukraine For $3bn Loan Repayment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Another secret revealed !!

Ukraine owes China money for a grain deal.

Now China says: Pay UP !!

In 2012, The State Food and Grain Corporation and the Export-Import Bank of China agreed to provide Ukrainian corporation loan of $ 3 billion, which was planned to be on the spot and forward purchases of grain for future delivery to China.

Minister of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine Igor Schweich confirmed that China has filed a lawsuit against Ukraine in a London court for the return of a loan of $3 billion.

[ Ukraine says: *HET* (Nyet) ]

The Ukraine minister disagrees with China's case:

"filed false information that there are no claims to us from China. According to the contract have different interpretations, different interpretations, which led to the treatment of the Chinese side in court Gaft who works in London. Registered dispute between the parties exists," - said Minister told reporters.

China Takes Sides: Sues Ukraine For $3bn Loan Repayment

It's getting D-E-E-P

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It's a drop in the ocean,compared to what the E.U and IMF are going to tear from their carcase.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

13th Zodiac
It's a drop in the ocean,compared to what the E.U and IMF are going to tear from their carcase.

Agree.

That's why Russia and China want their money.

Let the "Western Empire" handle it.

The "Eastern Empire" can survive from within I believe is their thinking.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I wonder if they've considered offering the Crimean Peninsula in exchange?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Things appear to be picking up quickly! Looks like it is time for the west to pay for its absurd hubris in believing that they will remain the world reserve currency! Fools, especially those of us in America, who have no clue about the coming pain and struggles, for we have stolen from the world long enough to live a life of ignorance at the expense of the world. As the coming years will be difficult this is how things have to go in order for the enslavement of the worlds people with debt to stop. How fitting it is that the Karma will be cleared by Americans experiencing what they have created across the globe!
edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331amSunday1 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I prophesize a trans-Siberian pipeline in the near future. It could be mighty cold and expensive in Ukraine next winter.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by elementalgrove

All taxpayer funded as well !!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Snarl

I wonder if they've considered offering the Crimean Peninsula in exchange?

Probably not.

China's interests in Crimea are well protected now.

Crimea's economy is now officially part of BRICS.

It's "Cri-me-a river" time for the Western Empire I think.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Talk about confusing...

With the action China is essentially stating the Ukraine government is lawful and a continuation of the previous?

That argument aside it brings up another interesting issue - Of the loans / etc involving Ukraine, how much of that went to Crimea, and if any, is Crimea responsible for those debts or is Russia?

China is really going all out to secure food sources for its population. The number of African countries that have large percentages of their crop being leased solely to China is amazing.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

That's a good point. So Ukraine owes China but Crimea is now part of Russia. Does that mean Russia will end up owing some portion of the debt to China? This is getting confusing and I can see Ukraine just defaulting on Russia and China if they can get away with it.

If Ukraine cements that agreement with the EU and the IMF helps them with loans does that money funnel right to Russia and China? Either way I'm betting the gas stays turned off for a while until this settles a bit.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

All wars are bankster wars - and they kill alot of our family, nieghbors, and other good people -

To die for what? So they can continue to make money on interest?

What are they going to "manufacture" to get all of us "little people" to start killing eachother?

Screw them, I say. Let's just get rid of the banks high officers and their bosses.

PS - I am not communist or liberal.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

All Roads Lead to London.

Even China owns stock in some Rothschild banks.

You're right. All wars are economic "adjustments".

PS - I am not communist or liberal.

Neither am I.

Very much against all that malarkey as well.

The "Banks" use those system templates.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
So folks still aren't taking the Russians and Chinese as closer to allies than adversaries, eh?

They're making it as obvious as those two cultures are likely ever going to, short of action it'll be too late to counter. Inter-Military cooperation and record size war games between Russian and Chinese commands within the last year. New trade deals made between each other and their mutual friend, Iran, as openly as one could ask for. Let's also not forget their recent close cooperation in the logistics for Snowden (Just saw a picture of him on a boat ride, outside the Kremlin. Looking good these days, for someone on the run) and their equal rage at being targets of the NSA in ways neither nation had really know all the details of before.

A wise leader would take all this as a sign that the foe we face is multi-faceted and a hair larger than we've allowed for up to now.

Just wait until South America starts coming into play and motion. Then things get wild for connections.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Just wait until South America starts coming into play and motion. Then things get wild for connections.

Such a great point Wrabbit! Considering the horrible track record that America has down there in forcing leaders to allow our corporations to rob them all blind in quite literally all of our interactions, I can only assume they will all be apart of BRICS.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
i dont blame them.

If you were owed 3 billion dollars from a guy about to get murdered wouldnt you try and get it before its too late?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Lets look at this from ANOTHER point of view...
QUOTE - "China has stepped up agricultural co-operation with Ukraine in recent years. The Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps said last year it had reached an agreement with KSG Agro, a leading Ukraine agricultural company, on a 50-year programme to secure produce from three million hectares of Ukrainian farmland for Chinese consumers.

But KSG later denied it was "selling" any land to any Chinese companies, and that the agreement was a "letter of intent" concerning a transfer of irrigation technology from Xinjiang."

So KSG agro had agree'd to sell China 3,000,000 hectares of the Ukraine. Thats a lot of land, that they could do ANYTHING they want with under the disguise of agriculture if the agreement allowed for Chinese workers to be there--

If you were Russia, and you wern't exactly sure about where your neighbours loyalties lay..would you want them ownig 3,000,000 hectares on the otherside of the country....

So maybe they're no taking sides, just thinking about the long term..

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

reply to post by elementalgrove

reply to post by andy1972

andy1972
If you were Russia, and you wern't exactly sure about where your neighbours loyalties lay..would you want them ownig 3,000,000 hectares on the otherside of the country....

So maybe they're no taking sides, just thinking about the long term..

A very good point..

Putin’s quiet Latin America play

Away from the conflict in Ukraine, Russian President Vladimir Putin is quietly seeking a foothold in Latin America, military officials warn.

To the alarm of lawmakers and Pentagon officials, Putin has begun sending navy ships and long-range bombers to the region for the first time in years.

Russia’s defense minister says the country is planning bases in Cuba, Venezuela, and Nicaragua, and just last week, Putin’s national security team met to discuss increasing military ties in the region.

“They’re on the march,” Sen. Joe Donnelly (D-Ind.) said at a Senate hearing earlier this month. “They’re working the scenes where we can’t work. And they’re doing a pretty good job.”

Gen. James Kelly, commander of U.S. Southern Command said there has been a “noticeable uptick in Russian power projection and security force personnel” in Latin America.

“It has been over three decades since we last saw this type of high-profile Russian military presence,” Kelly said at the March 13 hearing.

The U.S. military says it has been forced to cut back on its engagement with military and government officials in Latin America due to budget cuts. Kelly said the U.S. military had to cancel more than 200 effective engagement activities and multi-lateral exercises in Latin America last year.

With the American presence waning, officials say rivals such as Russia, China and Iran are quickly filling the void.

Iran has opened up 11 additional embassies and 33 cultural centers in Latin America while supporting the "operational presence" of militant group Lebanese Hezbollah in the region.

Click link for remainder of article.

edit on 23-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
China To Sue Ukraine For Violating Contract For Supply Of Grain Worth USD 1.5 Billion

26 February 2014 13:36

In early 2013, China provided a loan of USD 1.5 billion to Ukraine, which the State Food and Grain Corporation of Ukraine (SFGCU) was to use to purchase grain for export to China. "...In violation of the agreement, grain worth only USD 153 million was sold to China," the statement said.

At the same time, according to Moskal, the SFGCU bypassed the agreement with China by using the Chinese money to supply grain to Ethiopia (worth USD 28 million), Monaco (USD 14 million), Saudi Arabia (USD 7 million), Iran (USD 24 million), Kenya (USD 11 million), the Philippines (USD 1.5 million), Switzerland (USD 61.9 million), Egypt (USD 26.3 million), and Syrian rebels (USD 325 million).

So Yanukovych used chinese money to feed rebels? Interesting Putin-puppet...

Ukraine owes now another 11 billion:

Russia may revoke fleet hosting deal with Ukraine, demand $11 bn back – Medvedev

The deal, which was signed in 2010 in Kharkov, extended permission to Russia to keep the Black Sea fleet at its base in Sevastopol for 25 years after 2017, when the current agreement was due to expire. In exchange Moscow offered Ukraine incentives, including a discount on the price of gas and a waiver for some payments to Russia.

“We started doing this [not requiring the payments from Ukraine – RT] immediately, even though the remaining time for hosting the base under the older document was quite long,” Medvedev pointed out. “So Ukraine in fact saved about $11 billion in unpaid payments while the budget of the Russian Federation sustained damages for the same amount.”

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Was thinking the same thing...Brazil man....They havent been to pleased with the US and I think can be a future economic power. The US has pissed off everyone including its own citizens....change is coming.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
my first double post.....!!!
edit on 23-3-2014 by cosmicexplorer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join