It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA says tech companies knew about PRISM.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Something a little different than just compliance, myself I thought they didn't have much choice in compliance, but this puts a little twist in the tale. Now I know the Huff post has a video with said lawyer talking about this, but I cannot yet get the actual page for that video, although it will be in the scrolling video block on any given page at the Huff. I will update this post ASAP.

From The Guardian:

The senior lawyer for the National Security Agency stated unequivocally on Wednesday that US technology companies were fully aware of the surveillance agency’s widespread collection of data, contradicting month of angry denials from the firms.

Rajesh De, the NSA general counsel, said all communications content and associated metadata harvested by the NSA under a 2008 surveillance law occurred with the knowledge of the companies – both for the internet collection program known as Prism and for the so-called “upstream” collection of communications moving across the internet.

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 21-3-2014 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Just because they knew doesnt mean that they weren't more or less forced to comply and keep quiet about it.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

JHumm
reply to post by smurfy

Just because they knew doesnt mean that they weren't more or less forced to comply and keep quiet about it.

What time scale are you on, all and sundry are still denying it, except and ironically, the NSA lawyer. This means the internet is well and truly now up the left until new guys take over...that's not going to be any day soon.

To add, remember this story from xavi1000 last year?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Millions paid for ahem, new certificates...transfer that to hush money.
edit on 21-3-2014 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Something a little different than just compliance, myself I thought they didn't have much choice in compliance, but this puts a little twist in the tale.
reply to post by smurfy

I suspected this all along...just had no way to prove it. It also reminds me of an article I read earlier today...

Obama meets tech giants to discuss concerns over NSA surveillance

Source Article...HERE

Seems Obama wants to get everyone together to get there story straight perhaps...???

Bottom line.....I don't trust any of them...too many lies...too much deception.

S&F OP...good thread.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
NSA stands for No Security Atallatall. A couple of thousand people can keep track of internet traffic? Yeah right ok.
Mass storage just means they can filter future employees until robots take the place of cops.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Of course they did. They are government contractors. They are hoping to get as much juice as the trough will allow. They are all traitors to this country. Here is the dig: these fuggers came out of government and formed corporations to be able to accept "the demand". The demand that is created by the will to choke you off. Prove me wrong.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This is the direct link I was searching for, the video will play at startup. So far there is no upload to Youtube available.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 22-3-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

join