It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Joy of the Pharaohs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I'd guess the motivation would be the same as it ever is...pushing the idea that AEs had equivalent tech to the modern world.

There's another similar image here.

Bad pun...if that's the 'Min,' the 'Max' must be like a human leg.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Oh of course that draws you out of the shadows! (pun necessary I swear!)

Kantz...it is a light bulb...

edit on 21-3-2014 by abeverage because: Kantz drives me crazy albeit it is a short trip...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

here is one that might get mistaken for a sperm but it is serpens a constellation
www.suberic.net...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Maybe it is just me but I see an eye with a lens and a sperm who knows maybe they did figure out magnification .

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Hey what are these spermatoza doing in light bulbs!

The relationship of the Atum serpent to the lily bulb maybe? Mind you if the Egyptians did have light bulbs powered by clay pot batteries they would have understood these as representing the light bringing Atum that gave rise to Ra who illuminates, and his serpentine aspect would make a lovely filament, so not necessarily a case of one or the other interpretation.

Wake up and smell the water Lily

reply to post by Danbones

The serpent relating to the Lily no?
edit on Kpm33179vAmerica/ChicagoFriday2131 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
possibly the baskets they keep cobras in for snake cult worship
or as we see it today snake charming

the egyptians had cobras in their crowns

We see this protective pose of the cobra displayed in the uraeus
worn by Egyptian pharaohs. The uraeus is a royal protective band
which encircles the pharaoh's head at the level of the pineal gland,

www.aseekersthoughts.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Kantzveldt

Hey what are these spermatoza doing in light bulbs!

Why they are lighting the way for you my dear!

And we are drifting (off topic)

Show me that symbol because I have never seen it. Now it may be a hoax but it makes me wonder with the symbology above it as well!
edit on 21-3-2014 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Kandinsky

The image looks like it's been altered. Compare it to this one here.

Its not the same one...look at the rest of the objects. In mine the other guy is holding several cups, for example.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

freedomSlave

Maybe it is just me but I see an eye with a lens and a sperm who knows maybe they did figure out magnification .

I see the eye above the sperm too...as if to say "this eye lets us see the sperm".

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Show you what symbol? Here's another example of the relationship of the Atum serpent to the water lily bud, it's well understood, but it is all about illumination, whether the birth of Ra or turning on a light bulb, rise and shine sort of thing...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
i would guess the pharaohs sperm would be the sacred sauce, and many secret societies that have descended from the egyptian rights apparently use sex magic rituals...
it almost looks like they are consecrating the lower staff...perhaps it is a war club or ceremonial item

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This should help...There is no doubt this is the Fertility ritual of Min. What is the subject here is if that is a depiction of a sperm and I believe that it is!

Sorry I was at work and doing GOOGLE search for Pharaohs Penis really didn't seem like a good idea...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

The item right under the eye might resemble a....

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Kantzveldt

Show you what symbol? Here's another example of the relationship of the Atum serpent to the water lily bud, it's well understood, but it is all about illumination, whether the birth of Ra or turning on a light bulb, rise and shine sort of thing...

The so called water of life symbol (the one that looks like a sperm)

Oh I love your Brain Kantz!!! I am serious about that! I am off to read your latest posts too...

BUT, This is not the Atum Serpent being depicted in the first image suggested by the OP it is called the water of life, but again I think it is a little wiggler!

If anyone else is curious that is from a Documentary called Magical Egypt. It is not your typical media controlled study (Zahi Hawass...) of Egyptian mythology and history.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Yes your man in the video is right it's the hieroglyph for pouring seen in the OP.

An example of this is also seen in the image i posted of another example of the Min iconography, were the upper hand of the Pharoah pours an offering, it's not that he holds a giant spermatoza

[image removed]
edit on Kpm33179vAmerica/ChicagoFriday2131 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Mar 21 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hi all,

I wanted to say that I think that members cosmicDebris and Kantzveldt got it: It's the Egyptian god Mn ejaculating, and it looks like he happens to be ejaculating on to an Egyptian hieroglyphic "O".

The overwhelming (or underwhelming depending on what side of the fence you find yourself on) trend for these types of "mysteries" and the antiquities is that they can indeed be explained.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

The explanation that he is ejaculating onto an "O" sounds more bizarre than the explanation that its simply a sperm. Unless of course you know the reason one might ejaculate onto an O.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
From what I can tell its not the sperm that requires explanation, its the fact that they knew what it looked like that needs some explaining.

A tourist saw it with his own eyes, reported what he saw, it was looked up and a picture found. No debate was found. This might be the first.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

[image removed]

When the entire stele is taken as a whole it can be seen that the "sperm" is part of the hieroglyphs below it. There ia another stack underneath his penis.

It also seems to me that if the ancient Egyptians had microscopes or some other method of seeing sperm at the microscopic level that someone might have chosen to represent them as something other than the hieroglyph for "O".

Also, sperm or "O", the "pharaoh" is not ejaculating on it he's ejaculating through it, in a strange arc that is not really congruent with the orientation of the symbol whichever it is.

The idea of the "celebrant" ejaculating on to an "O" seems as silly as the cropped bit of the stele being a careful representation of the "celebrant" "ejaculating a giant representation of a microscopic sperm"

The antiquities of ancient Egypt have a history of being mercilessly vandalized.

In my opinion that is likely what we are seeing here: a case of vandalism.

None of the "ejaculate" is part of the original stonework.

edit on 21-3-2014 by Bybyots because: .

edit on Fri Mar 21 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join