It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden: Here's how we take back the Internet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

DeadSeraph

JHumm
Its like the news....something in your home could kill you,...tune in at 11 for the details.

He should just tell us ALL of what he knows before they finally disappear him

Did it ever occur to you that this is precisely why he hasn't spilled everything he has? Perhaps the government doesn't want him releasing certain information, and he has arranged to have it disseminated if he happens to have an "accident"? That is what a smart person would do, at any rate.

Although I tend to agree to a degree my thought is this; If his revealations are soo over the top compared to what we've heard, than it should be enough to enrage and sicken the masses to finally rid ourselves of the corrupted flea infested halls we call government. If it doesn't, than we are all #ed anyway. As it stands, and given the immediate responses from posters of "I don't care anymore" shows he better pack a lunch, tent and flashlight because he'll be there for awhile.

If you want my personal opinion, simple, Snowdan is a part of TPTB for all intent and purposes. It's why he was able to escape from the US to Beijing and than off to Russia. The forced landing of the Bolivian leader was theater for the masses. And the drip drop of information is to desensitize us slowly to keep us from outrage as it has been proven our collective thoughts can't move beyond a 24hr news cycle. They know this, so I'd also expect any new revealations to happen on a Friday when people are consumed with their free time and family. By Monday only those who follow it will care, most people don't even remember who a Snowdan is already.

Funny how reporters who really DO try to blow the lid off things gets suicided or Cesna'd before the stories break yet this story gets to keep on dripping. It's been a year right? What's happened thus far? Uh huh, nothing.... Silly Sheeple, this is just a slight adjustment to the control system. Never you all mind, sit back, Dancing with the Stars is coming on. And now back to you local "programming"

Oh let's not forget Diane Feinstein when on national TV and told America the spies are spying on the spying oversight committee, you know the one that is to ensure they don't violate the constitution. Yup no checks and balances here or forthcoming. So, um where's the outrage? *sigh*
edit on 23-3-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think he is nothing but a distraction

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I don't care if he is working alone or with a rogue CIA network or Russia. When we are all arrested some day for posting on this thread, then hindsight will be 20/20.

What struck me most from Snowden's TED talk: He talks about how the NSA tried to get what they wanted back in the 90s through regular courts and were denied, until after 9/11. He then describes why:

"The bottom line is that terrorism has always been what we in the intelligence world would call 'a cover for action.' Terrorism is something that provokes an emotional response that allows people to rationalize authorizing the powers and programs they wouldn't give otherwise."

Perhaps his leaks will expose the real terrorists. He has to know 9/11 truth. You don't dump that into the public realm on day one.

What I fear most, is another false flag, or even a series of them, that will be so horrific as to cause us to turn a deaf ear to any revelations Snowden docs may hold.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Regarding the NSA Response video, (thank you for posting) Mr. Ledgett's response that Snowden could have taken his concerns to his supervisor was laughable and an indication of the standard script of answers we get in the rest of the video, which were no answers at all, really. I mean Snowden has put forth evidence that has not been denied or refuted. Yet all we get from NSA is he should have gone to through the proper channels, blah blah blah. Bullcrap. Snowden would have been washed down a drain, literally.

It was telling when he said that national interests have been hurt because now they are not getting cooperation where they need it. Um, like who? Other countries? For show perhaps but they are doing the same things! Google/FB/et all? No, they just want to be paid more! Again no real information, just whining. But then he turns to CORPORATE interests are not getting the deals they want. He even says that U.S. businesses are now at a disadvantage because other countries want to buy NSA-safe products. Um, so is he is defending corporate interests or national interest or are they now one in the same? Besides, you don't think U.S. companies are NOT going offer NSA-safe products to stay competitive? Really? More hollow complaints IMO.

I find it disturbing that near the end, Mr. Ledgett, although he doesn't agree with Snowden's method, agrees that "it's an important conversation." What happened to congress knowing about it and that there already had been a conversation, in secret, but there was one, right? If they don't feel what they are doing is wrong then why defend it at all? Why not say that congress spoke for the people by approving it, that this is an old conversation and if we missed it, too bad. He didn't say that because it wasn't! And, Snowden was supposed to report a multi-agency-wide violation of constitutional rights to his supervisor?!? GMAFB

And if this is all spy-theater to keep me distracted for the real problems, like Fukushima and climate change, then they are doing an Oscar winning job and I'm an idiot with cancer starving to death in my ark.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Wow, do people seriously think this brilliant nerd would risk torturous death for movie/book deal?!?! This smart and he can earn a lot more than a movie/book deal doing something less hazardous to his health. Besides, hasn't he already turned down many offers? I say I hope he gets a movie/book deal, he deserves a big fat paycheck IMO. True character comes out when one is given 1% status. However, most anyone of much character wouldn't choose that route. So, we'll see.

When he stayed out of the limelight and tried be anon, he was criticized. Now that he is doing interviews, he is being criticized.

Is he demonstrating what one person can do? Or is he a con man? Although, I can believe he is brilliant enough to have carried this out mostly on his own, I find it impossible to believe that he is not being protected. I can believe Russia is protecting him for entertainment purposes but I don't believe Snowden has any direct link to Crimea or Ukraine. When docs are still leaking years from now, will we attribute each to the geo-political crisis of the day? However, I can believe that someone is paying private parties to protect him but I wouldn't know where to start. Who? A person? group? company?

Is he a puppet? Perhaps, but if the evidence that has been revealed is true and no one seems to be negating it, then so what?

Is it 'old news'? Has there been this kind of evidence to support these things? Or has it been mostly 'he said she said' till now?

Frankly, I see the official disinformation policy playing out quite well here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by someoneinnyc

Frankly, I see the official disinformation policy playing out quite well here on ATS.

I'm a bit confused by what you could mean here?

There are plenty that would buy the guy a beer and have him over for an evening in their living rooms, despite never meeting him in person to know him from Adam and the fact he was an accomplished intelligence Officer in both Central Intelligence and the NSA for multiple years before doing contract work as he was when he went over the hill.

Others would gladly see him tried for treason and follow the path our Constitution would see that end with. Some of those folks make no bones about it.

Me? I'm leaning on the traitor side as Snowden starts looking much more like Snowdenski, and I'm feeling like we've been had on an epic scale. Russia would pull something like that too. I even say it with the utmost respect, as it would be a true intelligence coup of historic proportion if they've meant to do this all along, or for any length of time before he left. Still...I'm just not sure, even now.

So...ATS is really all over the map on this debate. How would you see it as being weighted one way or another? (I'm strictly a member...not a Mod in this thread, as an FYI. Just asking like anyone else would)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

mysterioustranger
Seriously? I dont care anymore. He's like a movie preview....holding up things for effect.

I agree. And he is certainly not a double agent; He's too stupid. He has the same amount of brains as a ham sandwich, and as of late, credibility equivalent to that of the national enquirer.

Want to take the internet back? Not gonna happen. Everything that makes it good is sponsored by what you hate about it. So may as well drink one of these ...

...and make the best of it.

-d

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by drewlander

Seriously...agreed. If he's sitting on anything? Then show us your honorable-for-the-good-of-the-people "secret info". Why wouldnt anyone not throw it all out there? Because there isnt anything....

Because of the obvious:
#1. There is nothing thats unknown or important enough to do so
#2. He's just "blowing a horn" for his own selfish reasonings, over info that doesnt exist.

But, hey! That gets his name in print right? I mean...here we are talking about him...so...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join