It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden: Here's how we take back the Internet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Edward Snowden, the NSA whistleblower who stole thousands of classified documents before leaving the United States recently made an unexpected and unscheduled appearance at a TED conference in Vancouver, Canada on Tuesday night. It was done so VIA satellite robot, where he emphasized that there is still a lot of reporting to be done.

What has come as a surprise to many, is the fact that the NSA and other intelligence organizations, as Snowden puts it, “a super national intelligence organization that doesn’t answer to the laws of its own countries,” has been spying on what seems to be the entire global population.

Published on 18 Mar 2014 Appearing by telepresence robot, Edward Snowden speaks at TED2014 about surveillance and Internet freedom. The right to data privacy, he suggests, is not a partisan issue, but requires a fundamental rethink of the role of the internet in our lives — and the laws that protect it. "Your rights matter," he say, "because you never know when you're going to need them." Chris Anderson interviews, with special guest Tim Berners-Lee.

TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world's leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes (or less). Look for talks on Technology, Entertainment and Design -- plus science, business, global issues, the arts and much more.

“The Biggest Revelations Are Yet To Come”

edit on 21/3/14 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
To be honest, I'm tired of hearing about more revelations, the biggest revelations, all to come.

Just flipping release it!!!!
All of it!!!!

What are you waiting for?????

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Seriously? I dont care anymore. He's like a movie preview....holding up things for effect.

If its so important...release the damn stuff already. But he isnt...If it was, he would...but he's not...so it isnt.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

To be honest, I'm tired of hearing about more revelations, the biggest revelations, all to come. Just flipping release it!!!! All of it!!!! What are you waiting for?????

Tend to agree with this

the other thing that grates me about all this is the majority of people out there are completely ignorant of the documents these whistle blowers release, and to make matters worse a large chunk that are aware do absolutely nothing about it and complacently carry on with there lives preferring to pretend it doesn't matter. I am starting to think our future could be very dark at this rate!

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Probably a safe place to call home, and a few more years to live...

The Russians gave him a year and then he has to move on. I'd be keeping an ace or two up my sleeve if I was in his shoes too.
edit on 21-3-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Its like the news....something in your home could kill you,...tune in at 11 for the details.

He should just tell us ALL of what he knows before they finally disappear him

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Snowden is releasing the documents over time as a method of keeping the story alive. Had he dumped all the files last June, the story would have blown over in about a week or two. Sure, that method has lead to a lot of people feeling jaded about the whole affair, but people are still talking about it almost a year on. Also, it affords him a small amount of leverage.
edit on 21-3-2014 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

JHumm
Its like the news....something in your home could kill you,...tune in at 11 for the details.

Did it ever occur to you that this is precisely why he hasn't spilled everything he has? Perhaps the government doesn't want him releasing certain information, and he has arranged to have it disseminated if he happens to have an "accident"? That is what a smart person would do, at any rate.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Where do we find all his leaks?
I want to be up to date on this because, if he has all the info i think he may have,
i will cry in happiness for the truth.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

AzureSky
I want to be up to date on this because, if he has all the info i think he may have,

Here.

Or here.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

FatherStacks

AzureSky

Here.

Or here.

You are a gentleman and a scholar

He better not take 42 years
edit on 21/3/14 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
You have all brought up interesting points, so I thank you. I did not know Russia only gave him a year.

My concern is, with the way everyone is becoming the "instant gratification" crowd, when and if he does release something even bigger, people will already be on to the next "thing" and not care as much as maybe they should.

Which would make our government very happy, I'm sure.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

chiefsmom
To be honest, I'm tired of hearing about more revelations, the biggest revelations, all to come.

All of it!!!!

He's waiting for the Russians to tell him what he has 'found.'

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

I would be interested to see how many people have been dispatched to "silence" Mr. Snowden from the US government....I would be willing to bet there are multiple assassins out there right now costing millions to get rid of this guy, IF he has half of what he claims to have that is....

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Perhaps Snowden sitting on information has something to do with the total spinelessness of our executive branch during the Crimea affair?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

JHumm

My only question is, why haven't they already? One would assume hes made a powerful lot of powerful enemies, so why isn't he dead yet? (granted, I'm thankful that he isn't, but the question remains)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I would be interested to see how many people have been dispatched to "silence" Mr. Snowden from the US government....I would be willing to bet there are multiple assassins out there right now costing millions to get rid of this guy, IF he has half of what he claims to have that is....

Yeah, but one would assume that for the price of a million dollars, they'd be sure to hire someone who would be able to finish the job...which means he's way more protected than I had thought, or there's no one after him.
edit on 21-3-2014 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

chiefsmom

All of it!!!!

How can reply in eight minutes to a video 36 minutes long?
Your post should be removed, but ATS probably will not.

A candidate for the worst post I have seen...
What say you to that?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If the biggest truly is to come, then what is bigger than:

- Our country having access to damn near every electronic service people use. For spying on us.

- Our country employing people to try and alter opinions online. (Shills)

- Our country undermining the security of the Internet as a whole with bull run.

If there is bigger things than these to come, then wtf is it? HARRP info? Aliens? What could be bigger than what's already been disclosed.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

I don't watch videos. As a civilized person, I learned to read. Reading allows me to get the information I need out of something much, much faster without disturbing others around me and without tuning myself out of the world around me.

For whatever that is worth....when the OP is based on a video, i don't watch it.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Did you Star that post?
If yes, then you joined the club or founded the club...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join