It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Army Captain dies near Lake Saranac, NY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Hi guys, I'm pretty new to ATS so forgive me if this isn't the right place to post this.

I did a search to see if this topic had been discussed here and was a little surprised it hadn't been and I just wanted to know what people's gut feeling is about it.

Back in January of this year an Australian Army captain who had seen active service in Afghanistan, up and flew to New York, a place where he'd never been before and where he seemed to know nobody, travelled to the very north of the State, near Lake Saranac (his intention was to ultimately head to Lake Placid) and booked into a hotel in the middle of nowhere. He emailed his father and basically set his affairs in order. The next day he climbed a mountain and never came down. SAR found him naked and dead on the side of a mountain a few days later.

I find this really strange. Maybe PTSD makes you do strange things like this - go to a strange country where you know nobody and commit suicide. But I have done a little casual research into this because my feeling was he was perhaps asked to meet someone there and read *somewhere* that there was some kind of secret military base up in that region. I have searched again for that info tonight to pass on to you and have come up with nothing.

This may be nothing more than suicidal ideation brought on by PTSD from Afghanistan but I find the whole thing very strange.

I attach the initial article about his disappearence and then subsequent articles regarding the search and the finding of his body.

If anyone can tell me about any military bases up there and what they're used for it might give a clue as to why he was up there. Any other general comments regarding this case are also warmly welcomed. Thanks.

www.smh.com.au...

www.abc.net.au...

www.abc.net.au...
edit on 21-3-2014 by Splodge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Splodge

Google David Paulides and the Missing 411, this story on the surface sounds like it could fall into the category of mysterious of the missing 411

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I think the NY National Guard might be there. Saranac Lake NY
ny.ng.mil...
edit on 21-3-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Thanks, there is a NG unit there but this isn't the base I remember finding. It was more of an area 51 type set-up (secrecy and experimental stuff happening there) not on Saranac Lake but to the west a few miles by a lake, I remember finding it on Google maps - I'll keep searching.

ETA - Found this: "What are the US mlitary doing in the Adirondacks" - from 2008. Does it ring any bells with anyone?
www.realufos.net...

And this - Adirondacks (not real specific) listed as an area where US military have a 'deep underground military base'.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Disclaimer: I don't know anything about the mind control, illuminati side of things that are mentioned in the second link. The mind control I can go with but the illuminati stuff does my head in a bit.
edit on 21-3-2014 by Splodge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Splodge

Whatever happened the guy knew he was going to die or at least not be in need of any of his possessions. Maybe he knew something? Or maybe he wanted to die. Seems any military guy would lean more to a gunshot in the head than freezing to death in the middle of nowhere, but I didn't know the guy so..

One of the comments under your first link shows this:

I have to say though the article itself is a little sketch. At least it't not an anonymous source. The guy who witnessed what he says he witnessed said that he had to get a security clearance to be there. If this is true how did he talk about the events taking place there without getting into trouble? Still it could be true.

I have some vague memory of secret underground goings on there. The typical UFOs Aliens Black projects type thing. It's so long ago that I lend no credibility to any truth of it. I could have read it off a really terrible hoax source for all I know. I'll try to look around for more info.

I sometimes think they want to announce aliens and in the states that aliens have some sort of base or portal or whatever they should be going after guns. New York State comes to mind with the new Gun Laws. Maybe Connecticut, Colorado, and others are important spots as well? I'd like to do a study on gun laws compared with supposed Alien Bases. Could be a correlation.

edit on 21-3-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well they say when exposed to the elements and hypothermia sets in people sometimes lose their clothing. Once the shivering stops people feel the feeling of warmth and this causes this to happen as strange as it may seem. This might be what happened here with this guy? He was in upstate NY during the coldest part of the winter on a mountain. Only seems logical to explore this first.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The thing that puzzles me is that, if it was suicide, he went to a different country to do this. Doesn't that strike you as odd? According to his family he didn't know anybody in the States. That's what makes me wonder. There are plenty of lonely places in Australia he could have gone.

new topics

top topics

join