It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowd-sourced alien anomaly hunting on Earth proposal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Where aliens are concerned, we dont have access to alternative images from space other than the space agencies. However, if there are any aliens on Earth, we have the terrestial satellte companies which might sell us images of those areas we think are worth investigating.

Personally, I have a sneaking suspicion that there are alien anomalies or bases in the Antarctica region and others here on Earth. So I would like to propose an ATS crowd-sourcing purchase of first one and then - if that proves successful - other areas of Earth to try and prove this.

The only way this could work is if the images, once purchased, were released for all to see or download, so although a select band of folks paid for them, everyone would benefit from the release. This would hasten disclosure if anything was found but if nothing was found, then obviously it would be a one-off event probably. (unless some have not learned their lesson that there are no aliens by then)

Digital Globe World view 1 & 2
Products
services

If this idea has legs, we would need someone in the US/UK to coordinate it and possibly start a Kickstarter campaign to allow the funds to be released only if the total amount was achieved. We would also need some expert to investigate what product we would need ie satellite, resolution, coordinates, spectrum etc. Does anyone "reputable" want to do this?

We would also need some fore-planning as to which area to target and thats where ATS really comes into its own - to submit areas for inspection and discussion before the kickstarted campaign. Maybe we would need a panel of ATS alien-hunters to decide which of the submitted areas were worth a satellite image being purchased. We also need to investigate whether the satellite companies would sell us images at this resolution (0.5m) of the areas we require.

I know that the resolution for non-military and non-US orders are not allowed to be below 0.5m per pixel (see the Digital Globe site)

Please post ideas and counter proposals to this suggestion.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
If this gets off the ground a small personal contribution awaits....I think it a good if hard to organise idea....very cool plan...
Puerto Rico has a hot spot, a small lagoon.....

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
we could post a proposed coordinate perhaps? Although I dont want the thread to get hijacked by discussions on individual areas proposed as ideally these would have their OWN thread here on ATS. Then we could just link to the threads concerned.

I tell you what, it could very easily go viral once it was on Kickstarter etc because this is possibly a first for them. I would not thnk many offer to pay for something by crowd-funding and then release it to the world. I do think it should be done this way since it is an important discovery and there are many people who also believe we have alien colonies here. One on the eye for TPTB perhaps?
edit on 21 Mar 2014 by qmantoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Personally, I have a sneaking suspicion that there are alien anomalies or bases in the Antarctica region and others here on Earth. So I would like to propose an ATS crowd-sourcing purchase of first one and then - if that proves successful - other areas of Earth to try and prove this.

S&F for you...that is a brilliant idea! I am originally from Pascagoula, Mississippi where there was a famous alien abduction in 1973. That whole coastal region has lots of UFO sightings and the river has a lot of weird lights at night...fascinating stuff. I would be very curious indeed to see areas such as that one get investigated and catalogued by a team of professionals. Here in Texas there are plenty of sightings and encounters too, especially certain cities because they seem to be drawn to military bases for some reason. I'm sure there are thousands of places all over the globe that would keep us busy for a very long time.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Question -

When it comes to commercial satellites, what are the preconditions placed on them by nations that can launch them into space?

I find it unusual to think nations would be ok with private companies launching their own spy satellites into place without some type of agreement / forced condition.

I could be wrong, but based on the info currently available, I don't think I am.

If I were I think we would have super quality maps of Area 51 in addition to other restricted areas. I know Google got slapped a few years back for updating images and forgetting to edit out a submarine base. that little episode revealed what the propeller on one of our advanced nuke subs looked like and it was quickly removed.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I have a feeling that the satellite images are not cheap and we would need to have a good potential permanent alien area to start with. One which showed some anomalous buildings or a large hole in the ground with activity around it in a very remote spot.

My investigations on Google maps have pointed to very remote areas where often a kind of blue substance is being mined and where there are no obvious roads leading there which yu would need to get the quarried materials out to be sold.

Xcathdra -
The only part I saw while skimming the Digital Globe site was the bit about resolution limitation to 0.5m but there may be more. There will of course be restrictions on US military bases and sensitive areas probably as well. However, I was not suggesting we spy on these places but look for evidence of alien habitation on Earth. I was thinking more about remote areas where aliens might be actually living or have bases or some signs of activity which could not be explained by normal means. There are folks on here from all kinds of areas of the globe and so I would expect we could rule out 'normal' human or military activity fairly quickly.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
If you actually uncover a secret it was nice to speak with you.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

As much as I love your idea the ATS side of me says never trust anyone handling information before you get it. I wouldn't trust any company to give me accurate untouched satellite images unless I put that satellite in space myself and could see the pictures as they came out. Great Idea I just think we would be handed a lemon if we payed for the images.
edit on 21-3-2014 by LightSource because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Something which is in plain sight is not a secret. Something which is on Google maps is not secret as long as is not hidden/blanked out or restricted. It is far more dangerous to go to these places than to look at them from satellite images. If anything were secret then the governments would not let us have images of that area would they? Besides, personally I dont think that we are 'working' so closely that people in the know will visit these places as I think they are not 'ours' but 'theirs' and as such we leave them alone in their remote areas.

We only need for more people to believe that aliens are already here or have been for thousands of years and the scales will tip in favour of a bit more openess from governments. I can hope in my optomistic way anyway...

Maybe we do need to leave them alone and not interfere in something which has been going on for thousands of years? However, with all these abductions going on, there is an obligation for us to find out what is happening to people and if it is harmful, then we must stop it.

I wonder if the satellite images will show the sea bed too? If so, there are a few areas I would like to mention.

Great Idea I just think we would be handed a lemon if we payed for the images.
So we dont try in case we fail? There are fairly obvious places which need further investigation just by looking at what is out there at the moment. If we get a satellite image and it does not show the structures we think we should be getting then there is obviously something wrong with the product.

I would expect someone to ask DG about the area before we actually pay for the image and besides I think they will either refuse to image that area for us or agree. I doubt they have the same resources to 'modify' images as NASA do and we can ask how long it should take to get the download once we have paid. Those satellites image the whole earth every day or two.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

stirling
If this gets off the ground a small personal contribution awaits....I think it a good if hard to organise idea....very cool plan...
Puerto Rico has a hot spot, a small lagoon.....

Every country claims to have a HOT SPOT, sorry I will rephrase that ufo fanatics from every country claim they have a hot spot.

The hot spot near were I live happened after a local airport opened what a coincidence !

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I actually had a similar idea strike me.
With crowd sourcing, start ups have become easier
If there was enough interest, someday i would like to crowd source a sat telescope, so that regular people and amateur astronomers and the like could have access to a deep field tele like hubble. I'm not sure the details of how it would work, have some sort of heirarchy of use, or give times out to members, etc. But the principal is still the same, i would definitely donate to something like that! Searching for aliens or searching the cosmos. Both at the same time

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

AzureSky
I actually had a similar idea strike me.
With crowd sourcing, start ups have become easier
If there was enough interest, someday i would like to crowd source a sat telescope, so that regular people and amateur astronomers and the like could have access to a deep field tele like hubble. I'm not sure the details of how it would work, have some sort of heirarchy of use, or give times out to members, etc. But the principal is still the same, i would definitely donate to something like that! Searching for aliens or searching the cosmos. Both at the same time

Only issue with that is it costs millions of dollhairs

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Good idea but I would guess aliens have the ability to go invisible and that would make finding them even harder.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

I think that Google Earth could be used to locate areas, as well as the internet (using location data of known anomalies) in order to narrow down the purchased area to a more reasonable one.

After that, mathematics could be used as well in order to locate potential sites along leylines and such.

Check out this thread Darkbake: Leylines and Nodes for instructions about how to get a leyline plugin on Google Earth.

I think that a lot of interesting locations might also be found underwater... and definitely in Antarctica. Possibly even Tibet. There are also some interesting sites in both the U.S. and Russia, such as those ponds in Siberia (?) as well as "Navy" bases in the deserts of the U.S.
edit on 21pmFri, 21 Mar 2014 13:07:40 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I don't want to seem as if I'm throwing Water over the Fire you're building...
But do you really expect World Military or Secret Service Intelligence Agencies to allow you to see anything they don't want you to see!!!

I'm sure you've thought of this in preparation but I'm wondering if you'd like to share how you have thought about getting around this?

This would be the biggest discovery ever... I can't see "TPTB"(of the E.T subject) allowing this to be done by the people of ATS of all places!!!

I wish you all the best in this venture either way... I just feel if a Project funded by Rockefeller couldn't reach Congress... ATS members already on SS watch lists don't stand a chance!!!

Peace everybody!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I can tell you where to look. Almost any military base in the world. why? same reason that UFO's are always 'drawn to military bases'- because that's where they originate. most, at least, imho. As for the real extraterrestrials? Their bases are most likely going to be underwater/underground. I mean, if you're going to set up a secret base in the middle of hostile territory, you go where you're least likely to be found right?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Can you give some examples of places that are blacked out from Google Earth? You can find Area 51 and its not blacked out.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
As I said, I was thinking NOT in terms of military bases but in terms of alien communities - if there are any. I can see the problem getting images of military bases and I dont think any country would allow it. Of course we all understand the reason for that. However, there is no reason why we should not be allowed to have satellite data on other 'innocent' areas of the world. If it is on Google maps, then there is no reason why we should not see it closer up - unless it is of military importance or has national security issues such as nuclear installations.

For the skeptics, it may even show people who think there is 'something there' that there really is nothing there at all.

You all forget that TPTB are trying to keep us disparate and disorganised and this is where our power lies - in being organised. By clubbing together and making things happen as a group which we cannot do as individuals, we are joining together and empowering ourselves. Throughout history the great leaders have tapped into a common feeling and used it to achieve something (which has not always been a positive benefit of course) Not that I want to be a leader, I am just putting the idea out there.

This idea may work but we have to start with one good example and then if that is a success, then other images will follow and make our point that there are alien commiunities living on Earth. If it is all a lot of hot air, then we have shown it as such.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
CharlieSpeirs:

I don't want to seem as if I'm throwing Water over the Fire you're building...
But do you really expect World Military or Secret Service Intelligence Agencies to allow you to see anything they don't want you to see!!!

I'm sure you've thought of this in preparation but I'm wondering if you'd like to share how you have thought about getting around this?
Anything in Google maps is available isn't it? If not then other countries probably have satellite map applications too not just USA, depending on where you want to look.

Maybe you can give us an example of an area which you want to look at which is not available on Google maps?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I'd probably pledge if it was satellite coverage of the area marked in yellow, say a months worth in July or August. It's not specifically UFO's but its crop circles area, same places, year in year out in the same area. But still a good area to look at IMO, possibly even get the support of farmers who don't like their crops being destroyed, in a joint effort to 'catch the culprits'. I can't really think of many other places where things seem to repeat and possibly be linked to ufo/alien activity... maybe Hessdalen?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

We used allot of imagery and mapping software etc. at DOD. I can tell you there is no such thing as open imagery. Even if you purchase from one of these companies you will not get what you are after. The only way is if you flew over the area yourself, and that is not going to happen either simply because they won't let you.

Despite what these companies may tell you to sell their services any area the government says is off limits you will not get, period. You will get an image that is either smudged, actually blocked out, or fast made to look like the surrounding area.

This is a wonderful thought but just would be a waste of your money and your time.

What would be better is trying to take more pics and videos of sightings and talking to people. People living in certain parts of the country you see in the local coffee shop maybe the person working on this tech and the one that comes out with the proof.

I hope folks listen hear, I would hate to see people of this community loose their money.

The Bot

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join