It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking, Australia's Orange Revolution has Begun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Today 100's of 1000's of Australian Children unite in solidarity, all wearing orange to hieghten awareness of school bullying. So far no schools have been burnt down nor shots fired.It is still early morning here. But how the government will quell this rebellion is anyones guess.Will continue to report as story breaks live.LOL

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

They should be wearing yellow or kicking some school bully arse.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

13th Zodiac
Today 100's of 1000's of Australian Children unite in solidarity, all wearing orange to hieghten awareness of school bullying. So far no schools have been burnt down nor shots fired.It is still early morning here. But how the government will quell this rebellion is anyones guess.Will continue to report as story breaks live.LOL

I know of this because it started down the road from me a few years back. But why Orange shirts? It started with pink.

en.wikipedia.org... Anti-Bullying Day (a.k.a. Pink Shirt Day) is a day celebrated on various dates across the world, originating in Canada and most commonly known in North America. It takes place on the last Wednesday of February or the second Thursday in September. It originally started as a protest against a bullying incident at Central Kings Rural High School in Nova Scotia when a grade nine student, Charles McNeill, arrived to school wearing a pink shirt. On this day, many of those who participate wear pink to symbolize a stand against bullying.

A kid was being bullied and the next Day a few of the "Cool" kids came to school wearing pink to stand with the kid in question. It spread thru Canada very fast and went Global.

Peace

edit on 20-3-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I don't now the answer to this? It is a good cause all the same. Really I wrote about this tongue and cheek. Dropped my daughter off, this morning, too all these coloured shirts. The first thing that came to mind was one of these coloured revolutions, Arab spring type movements.Put it this way I saw some irony to the action.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

13th Zodiac
Today 100's of 1000's of Australian Children unite in solidarity, all wearing orange to hieghten awareness of school bullying.

What is your source for that claim?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I have to admit. When i saw the title of the OP I thought to my self..."You've got to be kidding me, civil unrest in Australia now too"...Then I read you post..Got a nice chuckle out of it.
On another note, I have children in school and it just blows my mind how mean, not insensitive and being a kid, Like down right stone cold mean kids have become toward those they decide to single out.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

hellobruce

13th Zodiac
Today 100's of 1000's of Australian Children unite in solidarity, all wearing orange to hieghten awareness of school bullying.

What is your source for that claim?

just for you bruce :

www.pacer.org...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Is is October already??, this year IS flying !!.
Looks like this happens on 22nd October 2014 following above posters link. Good cause though. And a great way for the kids to get involved & be pro-active. I have school aged children, there is a lot of discussion around the topic. But I've never heard of orange day.

ETA: It's harmony day today www.harmony.gov.au...
edit on 20-3-2014 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by feelingconnected

Harmony Day..Yeah, thats what I thought. Sent my young bloke to school today (Aussie Year 6) with some gear from overseas like all the other kids did at his school. Great day and food.

Cheers for Harmony Day,

Bally.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

greencmp
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

They should be wearing yellow or kicking some school bully arse.

Here you go

He even got to meet Justin Bieber because of this incident. The best part is when Bieber says he got bullied because he was good at sports. LOL.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

highfreq
I have to admit. When i saw the title of the OP I thought to my self..."You've got to be kidding me, civil unrest in Australia now too"...Then I read you post..Got a nice chuckle out of it.
On another note, I have children in school and it just blows my mind how mean, not insensitive and being a kid, Like down right stone cold mean kids have become toward those they decide to single out.

Is bullying a recent trend?

So what was it called when I was in school? Oh yes, bullying.

Except when I was in school, you either had to stand up to the bully or keep getting bullied. It won't change a thing, there will always be bullies.

top topics

join