It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I'm sorry, but electronic cigarettes are not allowed here."

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

benrl
What Id like to know is why getting high on Tobacco should be allowed in public,

But not other substances.

ITs always annoyed me when dealing with smokers in general.

Why do I have to tolerate your drug addiction and allow for your "habit"

Grow up, its a drug, just like alcohol or anything else, an no you shouldn't be allowed to have your fix when ever and where ever you want.

NOW if you wan't to legallise drinking in public and other substances, Will talk, but until than tobacco addict tugging on an vaporizer is no different than an Alcoholic needed a disguised bottle of vodka to make it through the day.

You have a chemical dependency that you are demanding the right to sate anywhere and anytime, yea its the general public with the "problem"

Drugs and drug dependency isn't a problem, its when the behavior starts effecting those around them is when it becomes a problem.
Drinking coffee (Caffine is equal to nicotine in regards to drug potency..moreso actually) soda, etc is a choice one person can make and one person alone can make.
People get addicted to all sorts of things that gives them highs, such as even exercising, jogging, etc. its not your business to butt into their lives because they enjoy it unless it directly effects your life.
Smoking cigarettes indoors was deemed that it did in fact effect your way of life in public places given the toxins and such that lingers in the air. Vaping however has discovered very little issue in exhaled "steam". So, the debate then is..should someone do something they personally enjoy without it effecting those around them?
You, whom seem to be in favor of a nanny state, are saying yes..if you don't do it, then it should be tossed into some dark corners and shunned.
I don't drink energy drinks..therefore those energy drink addicts should be cast down into pits and etc...see the issue here?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Thats my point, Until then, theres no purpose whining about what the government "allows".

Its all regulation of vice, which always a failure.

Tobacco smokers are all about their freedom, but not those of others, like Alcohol, etc.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

OH, Im all for recreation usage, but lets call it what it is.

A E-cigarette or not, is no different than any-other recreational use drug, thats caffeine in there too.

Government shouldn't regulate what adults decides to put in their body.

People argue the wrong argument.

Employers, sure, can tell a paid employee what they can't do on the job.

Government can say what you can and can't do while driving.

But as to what you put into yourself on your own time?

In a perfect world.

edit on 20-3-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hows this. I don't smoke my e-cig anywhere smoking is not allowed. But outside? That is my domain and I will "smoke" there no matter what. Tell me to stop...I'll tell you to go to Hell. Call the cops...I'll sue your ass for forcing me back to tobacco cigarettes by not supporting my quitting using my e-cig.

Anyone against e-cigs has only one reason. They WANT to be a bigot.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

MrMaybeNot

DeadSeraph
We can't even get e-cigs with nicotine in them in Canada. The government makes money hand over fist taxing cigarette sales so I guess they decided they couldn't have a healthy cost effective alternative chipping away at their bottom line.

Many shops have them in Montreal, your liquid is custom made with whatever nicotine level you want in it. I switched from 1 pack a day to ecig for the past two months and its certainly one of the best decisions I've made in a long time.

Wow really? Could it be a provincial thing? I'm going to have to look into this more, as I would seriously consider moving provinces to be able to get e-cigs with nicotine in them. I am seriously hooked on smoking and I think e-cigs would help a great deal (even if I couldn't use them to quit, at least they are much healthier than actual cigarettes).

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Thats pretty common these days to customize nicotine levels... Most online vape shops do it... I know my favorite one does...(quit that grit vapors, ive also used mt baker vapor and found them to be decent, but not quite as good!)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Does anyone have a link to one of the bills banning e-cigs? I would like to see the exact language of any one of the laws. My thought is this, does the e-cig need to be shaped like a cigarette by law? What if its shaped like a coffee mug, wax lips, pacifier or an inhaler? How is "vaping use in public" determined under the law? Is it when something shaped like a cigarette touches your lips? What if the "vaping object" is not readily identifiable as an e-cig, then what?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

beezzer
For all the talk about the dangers of smoking and the social "pariah" status placed on smoking. . . . politicians WANT to have people continue to smoke.

Vaping doesn't garner tax dollars. Vaping isn't as addictive.

I've been transitioning from cigarettes to e-cigarettes for some time now.

Not only do I have more money in my pocket as a result, I also avoid the associated coughs (etc) that come with smoking.

politicians, nosy people should just "butt" out!

Not that I was a pack-a-day smoker or anything, but I smoked for several years, tried an E-cig for several months and even tried the E-cig juice with "whole tobacco alkaloids" and found after a month or two of that alkaloid stuff I not only lost the desire to smoke but I didn't even have the desire to vape anymore...I've hardly even vaped in months honestly, and I am better off and have more money in my pocket because of my ecig!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosEpsilon

I use the e-cig that takes twist on cartridge refills vs a liquid refill. A pack of 5 cartridges costs $14 at the drugstore and lasts me a week. A carton of cigs (10 packs) costs $60/week, give or take a few days. The savings for me is roughly $240 a month vs $56/month. Im getting the same amount of nicotene without the added tar, chemicals, and smells.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

halfpint0701
reply to post by ChaosEpsilon

I use the e-cig that takes twist on cartridge refills vs a liquid refill. A pack of 5 cartridges costs $14 at the drugstore and lasts me a week. A carton of cigs (10 packs) costs $60/week, give or take a few days. The savings for me is roughly $240 a month vs $56/month. Im getting the same amount of nicotene without the added tar, chemicals, and smells.

You should look into refillable tanks/battery setups... You can save much more if you are only interested in 1 type of flavor... a 15ml Bottle goes for 7-10 bucks normally, and would probably last you 2 weeks.

Either way, its still much better for your health, and wallet!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

you do not need nicotine in the e-cigs they work fine with glycerine added instead .

I am one of those people who drink non alchoholic beer on the job to piss the top boys off and smoke one of them e-cigs without nicotine just so i can point it out to the ptb that no dangerous fumes are coming out when pulled for it .

i know i am annoying but you never have a dull minute with me

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I would say if you want to "smoke" those things do it in your own home or the smoking space provided.
E-cigs still contain and emit various chemicals, which vary depending on the brand, that have still not been proven 100% safe. And until they are, why should you be allowed to smoke these things near me or my kids.
Also you might not have considered the staff of places such as restraunts, bars, shops etc who then have to try and distinguish between the customers smoking e-cigs and those who may try to smoke real cigs, which can be very difficult unless up close and can put them in a very awkward position. Did you ever consider this or were you being self centred as many smokers (not all) are.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

criticalmindseed

DeadSeraph
We can't even get e-cigs with nicotine in them in Canada. The government makes money hand over fist taxing cigarette sales so I guess they decided they couldn't have a healthy cost effective alternative chipping away at their bottom line.

Its insanely easy to get ejuice with nicotine in Canada, walk into any headshop in any city and ask for it. It comes in several diff strengths.

I quit smoking 2 weeks ago using an ecig and its the best thing for smokers to quit as far as im concerned. No withdrawls, no stress & no desire to smoke cigarets ever again and I have been smoking for 20 years and wanting to quit for the last few years but no luck with patch or gum.

This is good to know because I couldn't find it in smoke shops or convenience stores and I was told it was illegal here. I am going to look into this because I see no logical reason not to switch if I can still get the nicotine fix and the feeling of smoking without the adverse health effects.

For those of you who vape, Is it like smoking a real cigarette? I tried some nicotine inhalers (sold by nicorette I believe) in an effort to quit awhile ago and it did not work at all. It just sort of hurt to inhale, generated no "smoke", and tasted like crap, so I switched to the patch (which didn't work either as I felt like I was still craving the act of smoking). I noticed on a canadian website I just looked up that they even have a liquid flavor that is based on my favorite brand, which I had to quit smoking because they are so expensive now. So is it like the real thing?

Also, do you guys have any recommendations as to which brand of vaporizer I should look at getting? I am really excited about this. Could change my life!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Johnjn6
I would say if you want to "smoke" those things do it in your own home or the smoking space provided.
E-cigs still contain and emit various chemicals, which vary depending on the brand, that have still not been proven 100% safe. And until they are, why should you be allowed to smoke these things near me or my kids.
Also you might not have considered the staff of places such as restraunts, bars, shops etc who then have to try and distinguish between the customers smoking e-cigs and those who may try to smoke real cigs, which can be very difficult unless up close and can put them in a very awkward position. Did you ever consider this or were you being self centred as many smokers (not all) are.

The chemicals that come out of your car are worse. And don't say there's no studies of what chemicals come out. It's basic chemistry. Please stop driving your car around my kids.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The manager where I work told me that people can't use them in our store, unless it's just like a puff or something. But I'm not going to tell anyone. It really doesn't make logical sense, although I can see how random people may feel uncomfortable around it in a similar way to being around smokers, even if that uncomfortableness isn't logical. But like I said, I'm not going to tell people they can't, because I can't really defend it rationally. I honestly do feel like people look a bit obnoxious when they're sitting there puffing on those things over and over in public, but I'm not aware of a valid argument on why it shouldn't be allowed.

edit on 20-3-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The first time I ever saw an ecig was when a Nero surgeon descrubbed and promptly 'lit up' . I was floored! This must have been 3 or 4 years ago. He got it from the US.. I doubt he could still do that now without being told off, but he, as a top notch medical professional ' didn't see any problem 'smoking' ( patient still had his skull open ) ....

Personally I don't like them, they dry out my throat , give me headaches and the after taste isn't pleasant IMO.. I could just try other liquids I guess ... I'm just not at that point where I WANT to quit yet....
I consider myself a considerate smoker, I walk away from groups, or stand downwind , use mints and perfume and I'm always aware of who is uncomfortable. I don't care for Nico-nazis much if they get nasty I will go out my way to show them how inconsiderate I could be if the mood took me ;0)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I think they're just pissed cos their bully tactics were working to get us to quit, they were starting to celebrate.. We nasty dirty smokers found a loophole ;0)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I don't think it's 100% legal. From what the shop owner told me, Health Canada is working on regulations but they haven't started enforcing them yet. You can also order from the internet, the shop in Montreal I'm talking about offers shipping across Canada, here's the link www.vaporus.com... . They have about 50 flavours and you can pick your nicotine concentration from 0mg to 24mg per 30ml. I'm currently on 18mg which is the equivalent of one pack a day. Best decision of my life.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

LoopyLou
The first time I ever saw an ecig was when a Nero surgeon descrubbed and promptly 'lit up' . I was floored! This must have been 3 or 4 years ago. He got it from the US.. I doubt he could still do that now without being told off, but he, as a top notch medical professional ' didn't see any problem 'smoking' ( patient still had his skull open ) ....

Personally I don't like them, they dry out my throat , give me headaches and the after taste isn't pleasant IMO.. I could just try other liquids I guess ... I'm just not at that point where I WANT to quit yet....
I consider myself a considerate smoker, I walk away from groups, or stand downwind , use mints and perfume and I'm always aware of who is uncomfortable. I don't care for Nico-nazis much if they get nasty I will go out my way to show them how inconsiderate I could be if the mood took me ;0)

Hey Loopy, many people dont realize when you vape, its a good idea to drink water more often if you dont normally do so... it can dehydrate you, the way the PG/VG (metabolize?) in your body. Its too late to remember the whole scientific break down... ugh but theres a good video about it that rip trippers just put up on youtube...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I just do it anyway. On planes, in restaurants, anywhere. It's not like they can smell it lol It makes me feel good to subvert the will of ignorant people who just want to impose their ignorant will on other people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join