It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A red stoplight may have saved my my life today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
So I was on my way home from work about an hour ago, and stop at a red light. The road I was travelling on towards the stoplight curves left right before the light and there's buildings to the left, so you cant see the opposite lane of traffic until you are right at the stoplight. In addition, there's a hill right after the stoplight.

As I stop at the red light, I see a pair of headlights travelling towards me and the car next to me on our side of the road. It's a Ford truck, not sure which model, but it's right in the middle of the road and is coming straight at us. (Im in a tiny little Saturn). The light then turns green at that moment. Neither I or the car next to me moved. I had 2 choices.

I sit there and hope the truck swerves into their correct way of road at the intersection.
Or, I can take a right in hopes the driver doesn't decide to take that same turn.

It was literally a 1 second decision before the truck was right on top of us. I first made the decision to start taking the right turn, but right before I let off the brake pedal, the truck swerves towards the turn I was about to take. Then, it swerves back the opposite direction, slams its breaks about 10 feet infront of me and the car next to me, and drives onto its correct lane on the road. If I were to take that turn, there's a good chance I would have been clipped on my left side.

If I had arrived at the stoplight and was green just a few seconds before it turned red, I would have collided head on with the truck as I would have no knowledge of the truck while going up the hill I mentioned in the beginning of this post. The speed limit on this road is 45 mph.

I don't know exactly how I felt before this...I felt a bit weird, like the feeling that feels like something has changed or something feels a bit "off", but you don't know what. (not sure if that's the best explanation of this feeling). While I was at the gas station before, their cash register system was running slow and took a few seconds longer than usual for it to process my debit card transaction.

I do believe we have a "6th sense" in regards to sensing danger. (This "sense" is most commonly talked about while you're out hunting/camping, etc.... deep in the woods, and you get that "feeling" that something out there has bad intentions for you. If you've ever had this feeling, you know exactly what Im talking about here. It wasn't as strong as in this situation, but it was still there). I do also believe in "luck"...whether it be coincidence, or something else "out there" is watching out.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

buni11687
I don't know exactly how I felt before this...I felt a bit weird, like the feeling that feels like something has changed or something feels a bit "off", but you don't know what. (not sure if that's the best explanation of this feeling). W

you died today. This is the alternate reality that the other you has now joined.

Welcome

I seriously mean that, I've done this dozens of times. It means nothing, because it's just life. But you died, and this reality now is where you experience things.

edit on 20-3-2014 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

You MUST feel good now!!

If I were you, I'd keep my ATS account in good standing. That 6th sense thingy is bolstered by participation.

Glad to hear it was just a close call. Posting from a hospital bed would just suck.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Snarl

You MUST feel good now!!

If I were you, I'd keep my ATS account in good standing. That 6th sense thingy is bolstered by participation.

Glad to hear it was just a close call. Posting from a hospital bed would just suck.

Posting after a near miss, good.
Posting from hospital bed, bad.
Posting from beyond the grave, 1000000000 points !!!

Hey Snarl, you bald cat loving weirdo

edit on 20-3-2014 by sn0rch because: Oh im a bad typer today.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

sn0rch

buni11687
I don't know exactly how I felt before this...I felt a bit weird, like the feeling that feels like something has changed or something feels a bit "off", but you don't know what. (not sure if that's the best explanation of this feeling). W

you died today. This is the alternate reality that the other you has now joined.

Welcome

I seriously mean that, I've done this dozens of times. It means nothing, because it's just life. But you died, and this reality now is where you experience things.

I really have thought of this exact same thing before. There's other points in my life where I was just a second away from death.

Glad to see others have thought the same.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Snarl

You MUST feel good now!!

I seriously doubt I would be just in a hospital.

I was in a tiny little Saturn coupe, and the other dude was in a large truck. (Ford F-150 or F-250 by my guess), and the speed limit is 45 mph both ways and I always drive the speed limit. From what I could tell, he was doing just about that before the swerve. Im pretty sure I would have been completely destroyed. (ETA - If I was a few seconds ahead in time, and went through the green light before it turned red)
edit on 20-3-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

sn0rch

Snarl

You MUST feel good now!!

Posting after a near miss, good.
Posting from hospital bed, bad.
Posting from beyond the grave, 1000000000 points !!!

Hey Snarl, you bald cat loving weirdo

edit on 20-3-2014 by sn0rch because: Oh im a bad typer today.

i put it to you that the love for cats saved his life!!!

PROVE ME WRONG.

Meow.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

A long while ago, I remember I had a dodgy power adapter plugged into a power board on the floor, and it was late one night, in the Dark, my chair fell on it. I knew it had become unplugged. I reached down and felt to plug it back in.

I felt weird.. really weird..

I looked and the bare prongs were exposed through the broken plastic cover, I'd not felt anything but just a sensation.

I sat there for about 10 mins, thinking I could have died.. that's 240 volts.. And I wonder.. I touched the prongs.. or at least I could not have missed them.

as a child, I used pliers to cut through a power chord. The blue lights zapping still dazzle me in memory, to this day.

I know I've died many times. There is no explanation for how I am alive today
apart from I was born to cause suffering to others muwahaha.. sorry about that

Those two however, are the ends of what I can recall.. from age 3 or 4 to about 2 years ago.

It kinda sucks tho, life after death, is just more life again, but where pepsi is crap and coke is king. or where elvis lennon never existed..

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sn0rch

sn0rch: Your participation in this thread has me rolling. I hope buni appreciates being 'alive' all the more.

-Cheers

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Had this happen to me many times, and it's creepy, and gives one much pause to think.

You must consider at times, that things happen for a reason.

I was once backing out my parking space at home. On my way to work, I was planning on stopping at the store just up the street.

I backed out a tad, so I could see. Looked left, then right, then left again, then started backing out. Then, suddenly, I looked into my sideview mirror, then my rearview, to see a man on a motorcycle looking in at me as he hit my rear quarter panel on the passeneger side, then slid to the ground. He literally came out of nowhere, as both directions I looked, I could see a LONG way. It was just dark, and his light was on, so he had to have been flyyyyying.

Long story short. He was unharmed. Accident was my fault to start, but it was proven he was speeding, changed to his fault. Made me late, calling cops, ambulance, etc.

How did this change my life?

At the same time I SHOULD have been at the store, an armed robbery took place where the cashier was shot and killed and two customers were shot. I would have been there when it happened. As it was, I drove by after the accident, saw all the police, ambulances, etc., and said nope, had enough of that! And drove on. Found out the next day what happened.

Oddly, though, the whole time I was dealing with my accident, I kept saying how odd it was, how many times I looked, how he came out of nowhere. The whole thing upset me so badly, I vomited.

I was severely stressed, as I have 3 brothers, all injured by drivers while on motorcycles, so I have always been keenly aware of them, always on the lookout for them.

I was simply glad he was uninjured. And, so was I.

That is just one story of many, and my husband, as well, has had several close calls. He was at a red light, a semi to his left. He could not see past it. The light turned green, ans the semi didn't move. Instinctively, my husband didn't, either. Just a couple of seconds passed, and another semi blew through the intersection, he said going at least 55 mph.

He would have been a smear on the road, driving a Hyundai station wagon at the time.

6th sense, indeed.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Everything happens for a reason. Driving makes me so nervous. I'm glad everything turned out ok.

This morning at 7:55 am I was driving my son to school. I had to come to a stop on the road because there was a bus slowly turning into the daycare center.

I looked in my rearview mirror and saw a big sports utility vehicle driving really fast up behind me...I literally started screaming cause they were going so fast and I was bracing for impact...they slammed their brakes and swerved at the very last second... Once they realized they were gonna slam into me if they didn't swerve...

Thank goodness the other lane was empty.. And they missed me by a hair. I really thought I was about to be hit hard. And there my son was sitting in the back seat. He thought I was pretend screaming.

The feeling I had was a powerless feeling... Like I wouldn't have been able to protect my son..it was an awful feeling.

So...I guess I died today too and now I'm in my alternate reality as well ...neat

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
If you are looking at it in that split second where you almost got hit then you would not have been hit if the light were green.
If the light was green you would have not slowed down for it , you would have been farther along the road at that exact second the truck crossed over . Still a close call that warrants an underpants changing I'm sure though.

top topics

join