It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You'll need a full box of tissue to dry your tears...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
When I saw this story, I had no idea it would touch me to the depths of my soul.

In this day and age of so much misery, anger, all the negatives that we endure. A story such as this one, comes along and puts it all into perspective.

Prepare to see what Love and Friendship is all about. Something I feel we all too often lose sight of, in our busy lives of trying to keep afloat.

"In February 2014, one of Gerdi McKenna's friends wrote an email requesting a photo shoot for all her friends as she was diagnosed with breast cancer a few months before." When they all came together, they surprised her. Watch the video player above for the surprise!

Read More at: www.local12.com... 847J2F

Des

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I find myself, as you, needing the tissue but at the same moment I am frustrated because we are such an amazing species with such amazing potential and yet it is squashed and controlled by a handful of psychopathic individuals that have managed to herd us cleverly into the divided beings we are becoming. We can overcome and stories like this keep me in firm belief of this...Thanks Des

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Awesome! Brought years to my eyes...literally. ...and made me smile.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

I know what you mean. It's not often I run upon a story of such goodness in people, it makes me cry and smile at the same time.

This is one of those.

Des

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

Minkmouse. I sometimes find myself thinking that all is lost in our society. I was born in 1950, when people were not so freaking distant from each other, like most are today. It's good to still have hope that the BS that divides us, sets us up as strangers to each other can be turned around.

I still have hope....

Des

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Bravo Destiny for sharing such a profound video of friendship and love.

People say that hair is just a small part of you...until you have to lose it all. You look in the mirror and see yourself, yet a stranger at the same time. It takes a hell of a lot for a woman to do this purposely! Those are truly women filled with love and compassion!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Oh,my gosh! You owe me ANOTHER bow of tissues, Des!
I seriously thought they were going to get all dolled up at the beauty parlor, dress up fancy, and 'pose' for a professional photo shoot. The minute I realized what was going on, I couldn't stop the tears.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

A beautiful gesture to be sure...I'm sure it meant everything to her.

I salute these women and their compassion and humanity.

Touching....thx for posting this.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
When the curtain comes down and the lights go out The human spirit depicted in this clip will, I hope, still define us as a race of people. From there, trinkets useless, hopefully lessons learned, we will enable the building of a new stage for humanity to act upon, I still have faith that we will learn and our next performance will boggle the minds of anthropologists a thousand years out. Well one can dream eh?
edit on 19-3-2014 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

That is what I thought too in the start of the vid. What happened then, moved me in ways I have trouble expressing.

I also wondered, could I do this for a friend to help them feel so not all alone. It was something I had to really think about.

Yes I could, and would. Not saying it wouldn't be hard to get used to, but damnit, I have my health and it's so little to give.

I think watching this vid and seeing the bounty of love people can have for each other, made me a better person.

Des

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Somebody's got to ask.....who was the ONE friend that didn't shave ?

But this was a truly beautiful gesture these women did for a friend and it is nice to see that people still care about each other in this world .

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Duly shaven and teary eyed, reporting for duty and yes, this is really me.

ETA My tissues are gone so I'll need some from you to dry my wet eyes...
edit on 19/3/14 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

You are awesome, LightSpeedDriver. I gladly share my box of tissue with you.

Des

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

My wife had been fighting cancer for years, we will not surrender. My hands are shaking while I thank you dear Des.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Trueman

My wife had been fighting cancer for years, we will not surrender. My hands are shaking while I thank you dear Des.

How brave and strong both of you are Trueman. My heart and prayers go out to you.

Bless you for sharing, it makes us all stop and think, who are the people we post with every day. You aren't just another avatar with an opinion. You are real people with real lives.

I wish you both, strength and good health.

Des

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
And here I thought my floodgate tears were all but dried up...! ((shakes fist at Des))

Darn that was a good video... We should all be so lucky to have friends willing to do what Gerdi's ensemble did..

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Des, thank you for posting this. ( )

Mr Meatloaf....Yeah...I DID DO THAT..... and wore by 'baldy head' loud and proud for my friend. Funny how I was treated as the one who had the big 'C'.......amazing when people learnt I didn't and why I was 'naked'. I kept my head shaved until my friends hair started to grow back....I encourage anybody who has a friend who is going through this to do it.......and not cover their head with a woolly hat or wig.....only then will you truly grasp some semblance of what your family member/friend is going through.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

What a big heart you have Jane. An inspiration to us all.

Des

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I was going to simply star and flag and ignore the video.

Dammit!

A beautiful story.

*sniff*

top topics

<<   2 >>

join