It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul gets standing ovation at Berkeley: ‘Your right to privacy is under assault’.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by eLPresidente

We have ACTUAL career politicians who are ACTUALLY subverting the Constitution yet the guys making sense still take heat. Completely logical…

Actual politicians? I get what you are saying. But its does't matter who the spokes men are they will still read from tele prompters. They have no actual power to change anything from the status quo unless they are told to announce it.

Did you support the first Obama election over McCain and the Bush Cabal? By any chance? I was hoping he would "change things". Boy were we duped. Now they swing the pendulum back to the Republican side. See how that works?

Can't get fooled again.

Here is the problem, people like you THINK you already know what you're talking about, you THINK you have it all figured out but you really have no clue.

What you're saying is not actually true, not every elected official is "controlled" they don't all read off a teleprompter written for them by some omnipotent power. Political speeches are actually written by speech writers, some speech writers may be influenced and others may be political science majors who have a political bias or maybe none at all. The game of politics is more about the few holding onto power and relying on the incompetence and 'follow the leader' mentality of others who want to gain more power. There are a few good people (like Rand Paul, who isn't a career politician even though you have claimed that he is and haven't retracted it yet) but it sure doesn't matter to you because of your defeatist attitude. If you are so quick to bend over, just let me know when you need help digging up your grave because I can already imagine you digging it and jumping in.

A quick search through my post history will tell you that I am not a traditional Republican. There are enough posts and threads of myself bashing establishment politicians like McCain and Bush and even Obama. I smelled Obama's fishyness before he even announced, I wasn't duped by him, you were.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

What do u expect. He is a libertarian. They don't want government involved with anything.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Scathing… okay, I can deal with that.

My retort is…

a) I don't think Rand is a career politician, yet. I like what he says. I like what his dad stands for, too. I wished they could get elected and turn this country around. But I'm under no delusions about that. His dad never even got the chance to be a part of the televised debates.

Do you remember when they kept Ron Paul out of the televised debates? There was a meeting where they were supposed to put it to vote. I call it "the ayes have it". A yea, nay audible vote was called for and the speaker at the time said the Ayes have it.

There was a YouTube video showing a guy recording what the teleprompter was "prompting" the speaker to say. It clearly showed that the ayes were supposed to have it, regardless.

I made a screen capture of that moment…

Judge for yourself.
Respectfully El Presidente, if that doesn't change your outlook then you are still chained in Plato's Cave.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

intrptr

Scathing… okay, I can deal with that.

My retort is…

a) I don't think Rand is a career politician, yet. I like what he says. I like what his dad stands for, too. I wished they could get elected and turn this country around. But I'm under no delusions about that. His dad never even got the chance to be a part of the televised debates.

Do you remember when they kept Ron Paul out of the televised debates? There was a meeting where they were supposed to put it to vote. I call it "the ayes have it". A yea, nay audible vote was called for and the speaker at the time said the Ayes have it.

There was a YouTube video showing a guy recording what the teleprompter was "prompting" the speaker to say. It clearly showed that the ayes were supposed to have it, regardless.

I made a screen capture of that moment…

Judge for yourself.
Respectfully El Presidente, if that doesn't change your outlook then you are still chained in Plato's Cave.

Nothing, no event, has turned me off as much as the way the corrupt election process carried out by the Republican party rule changes mid stream.. Might be part of the reason 12 million eligible GOP voters turned their back on the party last election cycle...

Like I said in my previous post.. One has to get inside the house before you can rearrange the furniture.. Maybe he is well aware certain boxes have to be filled before he is free to rearrange the deck chairs....?

Whoever gets elected next will have some tough decisions to make with regards to the direction the country is headed IMO.. Let us hope whoever it is has the political strength to get a consensus and direction for the country to head.

If he were elected you have to wonder where he would ask his father to serve? Now wouldn't that be fun to watch !

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Nothing, no event, has turned me off as much as the way the corrupt election process carried out by the Republican party rule changes mid stream.. Might be part of the reason 12 million eligible GOP voters turned their back on the party last election cycle…

Tip of the iceberg…

Pick one item from column a, and another from column a.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Any Republican who can get standing ovations at Berkeley is destined to be the next President. Obamas has done several poor chess moves, but his being soft on the NSA is disgusting to both left and right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join