It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian diplomat: Moscow may strike back at the West by changing its stance on Iran.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Boscov
reply to post by whyamIhere

Obama and Putin have a working relationship, do not be fooled by Obama's clicking of his pen, Biden's Eastern Front Tour in Poland, or Putin's antagonist tone and advancement into Pro-Russian regions. Ukraine is not EU or NATO, therefore it is free game.

The worst move on the board would be for Putin to snatch up Estonia, but maybe that is being negotiated or already has been as well.

Biggest threat to Russian Federation is not US/NATO or China or Japan. The biggest threat to Russia is the lawless corrupt society and daily culture. Putin should focus on that. I do not think he will have his tanks take Eastern Ukraine. Instead he will try to engineer a government in Kiev that is more Russia friendly and which has no room for fascists in any type of upper or lower levels of power.

These idiots from West Ukraine do not understand that in the eyes of the West Anglo Saxon nations, the Uks are still Slavics who were commies just 20 odd years ago. Anglo Saxons, Germanic nations look at Slavs as inferior in culture, habbits and thus backward with good dose of Asiatic influences in them.

"The Polish Plumber" stereotypical approach and mindset among the Western nations becomes yet more concentrated when dealing with Easter Slavs like Uks, Russians, Belarus etc.

Ukraine has better chances with Russia in the economic sense. Economic factor is the most important in gaining strength as a nation. EU membership which is good 3-5 years if possible will only give menial leftover jobs to non english or accented english speakers from East and that too if EU economies are doing well which they are not for a while.

In their own eyes Uks might think of themselves as Fascists on the lines of the criminal SS, but in the eyes of the west they are still backward, inferior Slavs from the east. Only a lousy temporary tool to try to weaken Russia. Knowing the US demeanor in other places, the moment DC finds the utility of Uks diminished, these fascist mindsets will be forgotten in a hurry.
edit on 19-3-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bubab

I am only 23. I have never initiated a conflict with anyone, nor do I plan on doing so. You say it was his comment that upset you, however he took the time to explain to you what he meant. Your just not allowing yourself to see the meaning behind what he said.

He was not saying its OK to kill people because you think there might be a threat. He was simply stating that when in a situation like what the US was in, it was a kill or be killed situation.

I stand behind his post as well as my own. I fear that you are allowing your emotions to blind you to his true intentions.
edit on 19-3-2014 by andr3w68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by bubab

"Killing a murderer before he can kill you is called "self-defense"; not "anger"."

huh what?

You have been brainwashed by the Bush doctorine of pre-emptive killing.

The two are unrelated, Japan attack on Pearl Harbor made them the "murderer."

Bush Jr's attack on Iraq was premeditated before 9/11 and unrelated. "Murder" if you will.

Russia changing it's stance on Iran's nuclear capability in retaliation to the western backed coup in Kiev and further western blustering is simply them saying "Put up or shut up." This is another case of world power's playing chess with other peoples lives.

Ukraine already threatened going nuclear again and the US is supporting that new regime. Countries that want to play in the big sandbox expect a little sand in their faces when they mouth off to others.

So you're saying world powers are playing chess with other people's life's, but still defiantly defending Russia's actions.. Hypocrite? Ever heard the expression two wrong don't make a righ ? Well, then just carry on chasing your tail for eternity then I guess

Q) How does one go about brain washing on this scale?... Or is it free will?

Are you sure it it's not Russia who will not accept Ukrainians favouring western values because that means Russia loses yet more ground to the west? and are you sure Russia isn't acting on impulse and out of ANGER to say Crimea used to be part of the Soviet Union so we're taking it by force as a consultation prise ?

Are you sure Russia isn't jail breaking and changing its stance on Iran because they're going to need allies when the world shuts down business and cuts ties with Russia over its illegal occupation and annexation from Ukraine while violating Ukraine international integrity? Let's see if that little lunatic in North Korea doesn't make his Dr Evil threats in the coming weeks too lol

Because to me and anybody else with half a brain, it's quite obvious Russia is throwing its toys out the pram now, but she should be careful as she doesn't have many toys left to throw

The last laugh is on you guys happy hating to you

edit on 19-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

andr3w68
reply to post by bubab

I am only 23. I have never initiated a conflict with anyone, nor do I plan on doing so. You say it was his comment that upset you, however he took the time to explain to you what he meant. Your just not allowing yourself to see the meaning behind what he said.

He was not saying its OK to kill people because you think there might be a threat. He was simply stating that when in a situation like what the US was in, it was a kill or be killed situation.

I stand behind his post as well as my own. I fear that you are allowing your emotions to blind you to his true intentions.

That is an awesome post from a 23 year old.

You have wisdom beyond your years.

It kind of sad when a young man can understand so clearly.

While others seem that they will never get it.

It's replies like yours that give me hope for our future.

edit on 19-3-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

ElohimJD

bubab

I am quite sure America didn't use the Nukes as 1) a joke, or, 2) a firework for celebration.

90,000–166,000 killed in Hiroshima
60,000–80,000 killed in Nagasaki
Total: 150,000–246,000+ killed

If that is not anger, what is?

To many it can be understood as self defense, and not anger.

Killing a murderer before he can kill you is called "self-defense"; not "anger".

The world was at war. Japan attacked the USA first (murderer). It was projected that the USA would have lost over 500,000 people in any type of land invasion of Japan.

If you were the USA which would you choose, these were the two options to end the war in victory for the Allies:

1. Land invasion to end the war = 500,000 dead Americans + 1,000,000 dead Japanese.
2. Nuclear strikes against Japan to end the war = 150,000-250,000 dead Japanese and 0 dead Americans.

I am not saying WW2 was righteous, or pretty, and handled perfectly. But it was handled logically, and the side that was attacked, eliminated the threat from their attacker in what some might call "defense".
edit on 19-3-2014 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

Three factors why Japs got nuked.

a) 1 million American causalities expected from land invasion.

b) Japs committed very horrible war crimes like genocides on Chinese. US, UK other POWs were treated worse than animals.

c) US had to tell Stalin that it had the nukes and was willing to use them, so Commie Papa better not expand any farther than the East Germany.
edit on 19-3-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

whyamIhere

andr3w68
reply to post by bubab

That is an awesome post from a 23 year old.

You have wisdom beyond your years.

It kind of sad when a young man can understand so clearly.

While others seem that they will never get it.

It's replies like yours that give me hope for our future.

edit on 19-3-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

I agree thank god the world has educated youth such as this young man that can give a second explanation to the challenged

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Israel will not allow Iran to have an active Nuclear program.
If Russia changes its stance with Iran, then you better believe that powder keg got BIGGER.
Imagine it....
Russia Changes stance with Iran, fully cooperating with Iranians on Nuclear talks, US/Europe and NATO continue fighting over Ukraine, its strangely quiet in the room as the Big Powers argue at the table, then....FLASH! a huge mushroom cloud envelopes Iran along with Strategic air raids on iranian military installations, the Big Powers stop bickering to look up....Israel just went there.
Now you talks have failed, military's around the world go on alert, congrats, WW3 has just begun.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Arnie123
If Russia changes its stance with Iran, then you better believe that powder keg got BIGGER.
Imagine it....
Russia Changes stance with Iran, fully cooperating with Iranians on Nuclear talks, US/Europe and NATO continue fighting over Ukraine, its strangely quiet in the room as the Big Powers argue at the table, then....FLASH! a huge mushroom cloud envelopes Iran along with Strategic air raids on iranian military installations, the Big Powers stop bickering to look up....Israel just went there.
Now you talks have failed, military's around the world go on alert, congrats, WW3 has just begun.

And guess what

Russia will be poking North Korea in the bum with a stick to cause more tensions in the region, aimed at the other guys imposing sanctions on Russia like Japan and South Korea Taiwan

Perhaps now the world will see the axis for what they truly are and there true Intensions

China playing it safe tho... That was unexpected, makes you think that maybe they like the idea of a weakened Russia on there boarders

The moves are predictable when you know the game

edit on 19-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

victor7

c) US had to tell Stalin that it had the nukes and was willing to use them, so Commie Papa better not expand any farther than the East Germany.

Incorrect... Stalin already knew the US was working on nukes he knew almost from the start of the "Manhattan Project" through the spy network.. That is why Stalin didn't flinch when he was told at a summit after US detonated the first nuclear test in 1945. Plus Russia was working on their own nuclear program, which was pretty much a copy of the US program.
edit on 3/19/2014 by logankale because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

o you're saying world powers are playing chess with other people's life's, but still defiantly defending Russia's actions.. Hypocrite? Ever heard the expression two wrong don't make a righ ?

Q) How does one go about brain washing on this scale?... Or is it free will?

Are you sure Russia isn't jail breaking and changing its stance on Iran because they're going to need allies

Let's see if that little lunatic in North Korea doesn't make his Dr Evil threats in the coming weeks too lol

The last laugh is on you guys happy hating to you

Hyperbole and name calling, that all you've got?

Are you sure it it's not Russia who will not accept Ukrainians favouring western values because that means Russia loses yet more ground to the west?

Out of all your hysteria this was the only sentence that made any sense. My position in these (Ukraine) threads are observations, don't construe them to mean I am pro-Russia any more than I am anti-Russia. I just call them as I see them. As opposed to what you appear to do.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

bubab

whyamIhere
reply to post by bubab

Nobody hands are clean.

Go somewhere else to America bash....

I take it you don't have facts and numbers then just insults.

That's ok, I can accept that, why don't you just be honest about it.

Sorry i saw you make a accusation and i had to reply. In what you quoted he did not insult you. he didnt call you a name. He didnt belittle you. You are bashing on the US from what I have seen in this thread though. No one here denies america was the user ot two atomic weapons on japan(which actually killed less than all the firebombings had previously mind you)

Irans past was full of conquering and war in the anchient world. All countries have done stuff that is considered wrong. there are no innocent players on the world stage.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Arnie123
Imagine it....

Exactly,

Israel just said they could no longer count on the US.

I can see them attacking Iran. They might go it alone.

I see Russia trying to get their allies in place.

This could get ugly very quickly.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

If Israel wants to finish Iranian nuke program then they are already too late. Except for enrichment levels, Iran has all the know how to make nukes.

Russia needs to be good friends with Iran in order to keep its Chechnya and southern regions quiet. Regime change in Iran, to one that is looking west would be very dangerous for Moscow.

Another objective should be to not allow any "near abroad" countries to join the NATO.

It all depends on how strong can Russians make their economy by diversification and becoming more efficient. Removing corruption is of utmost importance.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

If Israel wants to finish Iranian nuke program then they are already too late. Except for enrichment levels, Iran has all the know how to make nukes.

Iran has made lots of threats to Israel.

I have heard differing translations. None of them were good.

I don't know the answer...it seems hopelessly deadlocked.

When will cooler heads prevail.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This means nothing. Iran came to the table to deal with West because, they saw how Russia unable to protect Syria instead sold out Assads chemial weapons. Seeing that Russia would also not be able to do anything to defend Iran, Iran decided that instead of the Russians selling out their nuke program later they might as well negotiate and get something from the West instead. It is no secret that Russia's latest actions are those of desperation and weakness. That Russia is going end up further weakend by santions and intenal troubles is no secret. Iran has two options, China or the West. China is still far to weak to be of any real worth.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

logankale

victor7

Incorrect... Stalin already knew the US was working on nukes he knew almost from the start of the "Manhattan Project" through the spy network.. That is why Stalin didn't flinch when he was told at a summit after US detonated the first nuclear test in 1945. Plus Russia was working on their own nuclear program, which was pretty much a copy of the US program.
edit on 3/19/2014 by logankale because: (no reason given)

Is that why it took Russia till 1949 to conduct first atomic test. Even if he knew, he had to be told that US would use it if needed.

en.wikipedia.org...

Greatly aided by its successful Soviet Alsos and the atomic spy ring, the Soviet Union conducted its first weapon test of an implosion-type nuclear device, RDS-1, codename First Lightning, on 29 August 1949, at Semipalatinsk, Kazakh SSR. With the success of this test, the Soviet Union became the second nation after the United States to detonate a nuclear device.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

buster2010

whyamIhere
reply to post by buster2010

Buster...

Unlike us, Israel is not going to stand by and let Iran get Nukes.

You know that. So that is why I think this could be dangerous.

Nobody thinks Iran is going to attack the US...At least not conventionally.

Israel won't do anything because they can't handle Iran and they know it. Iran hasn't attacked America but Israel has ever hear of the USS Liberty?
here is a picture for people who are too young to remember

remember the liberty

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

China will prolly stay out of all the rhetoric going on and will strictly observe. Their opportunist and once the powers beat each other to oblivion, LOOK!! the chinese, fresh and ready for combat, economic packages to hand out to smaller nations, the heroism of the chinese who came at the last minute to save everybody, thus becoming the new world super power....................
Lets hope not.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Wow...I never saw it from that angle, it never occured to me that Russia was high tailing it Syria, a similar regional power like iran......
I totally agree.
Star for you!!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Israel would kick Russia's ass

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join