It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Athiests- what are you thinking?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ulvetann

Originally posted by 2ndSEED
We are all GOD's...
We can all create art and we can ceate life as reproduce, we can all destroy anything we chose,
we have power but it's knowing what power is in knowlede that religion is based..

I'm speaking of not GOD in what I've said for that is idolizing a being..

What I'm saying is beyound simplicity....

It's the word.

Everthing thats not read right and understood could haunt you, control you.

All is infinte as light and energy, dont the stars provr this for if a star died a billion years dont we still see it's light?

[edit on 25-11-2004 by 2ndSEED]

I agree. This is what I tried to say in the 2. post in this thread.
-But my name is not God, neither is yours. Neither is that man down in the street. -I like to meet realists!

I'm not GOD also but I could be a GUARDIAN OF DESTINY which would be my destiny or Guardian of Destruction.

You see money is GOD to many and GOD is just a word, when I said it is not spoken is that, exactlly why say for every culture doesnt understand ,so there is a Universal language and it's understanding.

look and get knowledge of what it is and understand what it is and when it is shown you need not to say for you know....

As you see I can talk simple but I'm using the books way of speech to not be simple...

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ulvetann
Why does everyone have to believe in God?
I don't. I believe in myself.
My mistakes are mine, my luck is, just that, luck.
My knowledge is my own findings, very often made by others for me to read.
I appreciate science, facts.
I accept other people. I don't use religion to supress others.
I don't produce fear of what we don't know.

Heaven or hell is wahtever You choose to make out of your living.
If my relatives suddenly dies, my life is hell, at the moment.
If I get a masterdegree in physics, im in heaven (since getting it is not likely for me
)

The only angels youll ever find out there, is the kind people you meet along the way. The demons are those of heartbreak, being dumped, stepped on. Anger and other feelings.

God is you, yourself. You choose your life.
Satan is also part of you. You have to find the balance between being good, and not letting bad emotions rule your world. (ref: YingYang-stuff and Chi-stuff)

I want to know, not believe.

Thank you, Ulvetann. Nicely put.

[edit on 25-11-2004 by SourGrapes]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Well, I'm not really athiest, I'm agnostic. But for you to ask the question, "How can you not believe in God?" and then use the argument "this came from that, that came from that, big bang, big bang from matter, matter from what?" or however you worded it, is very hypocritical in my opinion. Because, although you're right that a person cannot explain where we came from if not from God, one can also not explain where God came from. And "God is the beginning and the end, alpha and omega," is not an explanation of where God came from. That agrument holds no substance in my opinion.

It seems to me that an explanation of how organized religion came about in the first place was that humans asked these same questions which really cannot be answered, and people don't like not knowing something, so they created, subconciously possibly, the idea of a supreme being that started it all.

And you used the argument, "Well you say it can't be proven that he exists, prove that he DOESN"T." This argument can be used AGAINST you at the same time, so I wouldn't give that argument any merit, either.

The fact is, athiests and agnostics alike don't believe in a god for different reasons, but I think the majority of us don't believe in God for the same reasons monotheists DO believe in God: we just WANT to.

[edit on 25-11-2004 by an3rkist]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   

look and get knowledge of what it is and understand what it is and when it is shown you need not to say for you know....

As you see I can talk simple but I'm using the books way of speech to not be simple...

Why "using the books way of speech to not be simple?"

Why not be simple, why making it harder? thats not a very scientific approach, is it? -or evolutionar.
Mathematicians simplifies, see all those clever things they make it easy for us to produce and use? - and designers, engineers an so forth.

btw:
Edited in some stuff:
www.urantia.org...
I wonder if you have been playing Lands of Lore 2 to much, or have you read to much of this? If you believe you are a seraphic guardian in the world of Urantia, I think You should decrease your coffein-intake, 'cause You are really up there in the sky...

[Edited on 25-11-2004 by Ulvetann]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by windexspray
Yes the world is a terrible place, but saying there is no god "no hope" is ignorant.

Ignorance is assuming athiests have 'no hope'.. I have hope humanity.. it's ones that put the value of 'god' above human lives that worries me.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Why can't things simply be naturally occuring?

The idea of God, i think, is that some mind is behind it all.

I think we are the ones with minds and tend to anthropomorphize existence and the Universe as having one.

As for hope, I'm not sure if anticipation of future things happening is better than simply being happy with what one has. I think there will be many things in the future. Some good some bad, But since i can't predict it i will simply have to deal with it when i get there. That's not to say I don't try to prepare for various seemingly reasonable possibilities in the future.

Maybe i am in a quite lucky place for now, but I think one has to try to make peace with the fact of one's life and death and make the most out of the living while one has the opportunity.

It is sort of optimistic/opportunistic existensialism (sp?).

Enjoy life. It's short.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Yes the world is a terrible place, but saying there is no god "no hope" is ignorant.

What your saying is ignorant. I am between belifs at the moment, im not sure what to believe. It is more than easy to argue against what your say philosophicly and obviously sceintifcly.

If i had a pound for everytime someone said this id be, well, about 10
pound richer. Thats still nine times too many.

So where did the world come from? This could go on for a while. Maybe we are all in a big kids computer game? Who knows?

Shorty

Jimmy

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
evolution has never been proven true. And where is the logical sense to say God doesnt exist? somethign has to be eternal, other wise it would come from nothing, so why not God?

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slicky1313
evolution has never been proven true. And where is the logical sense to say God doesnt exist? somethign has to be eternal, other wise it would come from nothing, so why not God?

If you think God is eternal, wasnt created, then why cant the universe be eternal, and never created? Thats the problem, no one can agree on one definition of God. It's about as meaningful as saying, why cant an elephant have created the universe? Evolution is true, there is only debate on the specifics on how we evolved.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I would like to know how you can believe in a god. Answer me this as most believers ignore this question whenever I put it out: If you had never learned about a god/jesus/whatever through parents, bible, school, church, etc. anything that would have taught you about a god. Never even heard the word god before. Would you still believe in a god? And why?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
god is the physics equations that unifys generals relitivity and quantum mechanics.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheeser
god is the physics equations that unifys generals relitivity and quantum mechanics.

So, in other words, God is whatever we dont understand?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
How about........God is everyones inner concience, like jimmany cricket?
we all know deep inside if we do wrong, though our idea of wrong may vary, but some ascribe a personification to your concience? i.e. god is watching ~ meaning i am watching myself, my own behaviour, i fearthe consequences of my own behaviour, therefor i will behave in a manner that releives my concience?

Just random thoughts.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   

ok- how can a person not believe in God?

we came from earth, earth from solar sytem, sytem from galaxy, galaxy from universe, universe from ?, big bang from ?, matter from ?, space from ?

everything has an origen- and god is the begging and end, a phenomenon not a superior being.
we are here by chance and have a purpose. Not even the highest angels know the true works of god.

athiests say "there is no proof" but i say "prove there is not".

For those who believe in God, you will never prove one exists. for those who do not believe in God, you will never prove that he does not exist.

How can athiests believe what they do you ask? Simple, they choose not to. Just as you choose to. neither of you have any more evidence than the other. The athiest just feels that with what he knows, God most likely does not exist. You choose to feel the opposite.

I would like to say one thing though, if there is a God, he isn't what people want him to be...because he sure as hell never helps anyone on this planet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join