It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Hispanics: We won’t deport relatives because you enroll in ObamaCare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
President Obama reassured illegal immigrants that if they sign legal family members up for Obama.Care, the Immigration Enforcement will not know about it.

He was speaking on a Spanish language radio station and apparently somebody said there are concerns about that.

He explained that Immigration won't have *access to* records about health insurance.

Obama.Care is off limits to illegal immigrants by law and I don't believe they ask for specific ethnicity but they might ask to verify your citizen/immigration status?

I imagine all illegal immigrants can trust Obama at his word now.

President Obama on Tuesday sought to assure legal immigrants that they can sign up for ObamaCare without worrying that “the immigration people” will come for family members who are in the country illegally.

In an interview with Univision Deportes, a Spanish-language sports radio show, Obama said immigration officials won’t have access to the personal information that consumers provide when signing up for healthcare on the new exchanges.

“Well, the main thing for people to know is that any information you get, you know, asked with respect to buying insurance, does not have anything to do with … the rules governing immigration,” Obama said. “And you know, you can qualify if you’re a legal resident, if you are … legally present in the United States.

Pay attention to the quote... Hmmm.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Mayne F my family. I'm a enroll for my own personal financial destruction. Lol

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

well holy jump'n johosaphats !!

it kinda says it right in the story...

“You know, if you have a family where some people are citizens or legally here, and others are not documented, the immigration people will never get that information.”

The Hill

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Actually you were asking about specifics..I am also saying the exact same thing you were..where exactly were the words "We won’t deport relatives because you enroll in ObamaCare" used..

edit on 18-3-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
In other words....

If you like your family, you can keep your family?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Ask the author of the article to clarify.

I'm only a copy-paste expert.

And better yet, let's get an audio copy of the radio show.

Your turn....

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

What about in-laws?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Apparently Obama made the same statements 2 weeks ago on a TV show interview....

2nd story article..

Youtube.March 6, 2014.
Obama Promises Illegals: Obamacare Sign Up Info Won't Be Used for Deportation

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

So , the Prez is OK With People Breaking the LAW . What Else is New ? ......

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

So in other words he is encouraging fraud and abuse when it comes to illegal family members of citizens at the expenses of legal tax payer in the nation.

Incredible, just like welfare for American born children from illegal mothers, they still can get tax dollars from welfare for their children even if the mothers are illegal, the America dream for illegals while American citizens get to be screwed while losing their dream, most illegal citizens are in the poverty line and even after becoming citizens they just become legal welfare recipients.

I truly, truly believe that Obama is trying to finish destroying the middle productive class and the nation.

edit on 18-3-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I typically wonder how long before we stop feeding into the nonsense but it looks as though we've got a while to go. Maybe not though, time reveals all.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

This doesn't surprise me, this would be a classic Obama stunt!
Here are some other's.

For the past five years, President Barack Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder have picked and chosen which laws they wanted to uphold and which ones they didn’t. Obama told the Justice Department to stop enforcing the Defense of Marriage Act more than a year before it was overturned in court. Immigration officers were told to stop deporting illegals unless they had a prior history of committing a felony.
Now Holder has told all state attorney generals that they don’t have to enforce any laws that they disagree with such as laws banning same-sex marriage.

Has Holder and Obama

OK, my question, if the President and the US Attorney General and now State Attorney Generals do not have to enforce laws that they disagree with, does this set the precedent for us, the common every day citizen to not obey laws that we disagree with?
Just try and not pay that speeding ticket you don't agree with or ignore that red light photo ticket you got in the mail

YEA! That'll Show Them Who's Boss!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
In other words....

If you like your family, you can keep your family?

Only until phase 2. At that point ...... it's extra rations of Soylent Green for everyone.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

marg6043
I truly, truly believe that Obama is trying to finish destroying the middle productive class and the nation.

Ok ..... so you believe something. What concrete actions are you taking in the physical world to act on your beliefs?

Ideas sans actions = vaporware.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Which would you prefer;
1. A resident alien that actually pays up front for insurance before showing up at an emergency room with a broken leg and the taxpayers foot part of the bill.
2. A resident alien pays nothing up front and shows up at an emergency room with a broken leg and the tax payers foot the whole bill.

Why would you advocate more gov't spending with tax money? Just to spite your perceived political rival? That's the behavior that has the US circling the drain in the first place.

edit on 19-3-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: syntax error

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Great more selective enforcement of laws from the branch of government Constitutionally tasked with enforcing laws. "We'll look the other way on this other issue if you help make my pet bill successful." You know, in legal terms, this is referred to as a bribe.
edit on 19-3-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

Which would you prefer;
1. A resident alien that actually pays up front for insurance before showing up at an emergency room with a broken leg and the taxpayers foot part of the bill.
2. A resident alien pays nothing up front and shows up at an emergency room with a broken leg and the tax payers foot the whole bill.

Why would you advocate more gov't spending with tax money? Just to spite your perceived political rival? That's the behavior that has the US circling the drain in the first place.

edit on 19-3-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: syntax error

1 & 2 actually may be the same difference because the "illegal" person will be in the emergency room at a cost to "legal" taxpayers.

But that is not the issue here.

It's about enforcing laws.

So with this, we see two possibilities....

1) not "signing-up" is technically against the law unless somebody qualifies for a waiver (many exist).

2) not enforcing the immigration laws are technically "illegal".

difficult situation when laws conflict.

The "drain circling" started when the existing laws stopped being enforced.

This situation should never have existed in the first place.

edit on Mar-19-2014 by xuenchen because:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join