It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomnod again: is this a wing on the beach?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I realize that the other thread was requested to be closed, and that the OP had a hard time.
Folks, this plane is still missing, and I think Tomnod is an awesome tool...

here is what I found after nearly 600 clicks on the map for my 'campaign'

here's with the thing highlighted:

and here's the link to the page:
www.tomnod.com...

Thanks to the OP for pointing out Tomnod; it seems pretty cool.
But yeah, it doesn't say what we're supposed to do about finding anything - except "share" - so - is anyone interested?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
the site is down...maybe a location from you would be more affective, since it seems you left that crucial piece of info out of your post.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

Just my take but that has the 'shape' of a shipwrecks hull.

Maybe overturned and semi buried, but a ships hull.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

The site is NOT down, I've been on it for about 3 hours while I'm listening to the radio!

I just grabbed these screen shots - the url is on the screenshot!
It's on the Malay Peninsula.

Missing Airplane: Malaysia Airlines MH370
Malay Peninsula
Map #509118

Jeesh! So sorry!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Just my take but that has the 'shape' of a shipwrecks hull.

I would have to agree...beached ship of some sort. Nevertheless, good eye OP!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yeah, I thought about that, too...
it amazes me how 'deserted' this area looks - no sign of human activity at all??

I wish it wasn't black & white, but it was predawn, I guess.
The size is about right for a wing based on the dimensions I found on the boeing spec site:
tip to tip the wingspan is 212 ft. This item appears to be about 100ish feet.

Oh well - maybe someone's boat has now been found!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I hope they never find it. Then the big mystery can go on and on…

like Amelia Earhart or Flight 19.

The world may crumble to dust around us and our dying breath will be-

"Wheres that F***ing Plane??!"

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

You know...this sparks an idea...off topic for this thread but...

It's too bad there isn't a forum or the like that one could pre-post a thread to garner a few views and opinions from other members before actually posting a thread to the main forums...maybe call it the Rough Draft forum or something...or Pre-Post Opinions...something.

I have authored plenty of threads that had I had a few views and opinions prior to...I wouldn't have wasted the space on the main forums with it.

Sorry just thinking outloud in your thread

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Obviously, it is a dead whale.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It would be interesting if someone could blow this picture up to see what it is. It could be a whale or a beached boat. I wish I had the software to do that kind of stuff.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs
I realize that the other thread was requested to be closed, and that the OP had a hard time.
Folks, this plane is still missing, and I think Tomnod is an awesome tool...

here is what I found after nearly 600 clicks on the map for my 'campaign'

here's with the thing highlighted:

and here's the link to the page:
www.tomnod.com...

Thanks to the OP for pointing out Tomnod; it seems pretty cool.
But yeah, it doesn't say what we're supposed to do about finding anything - except "share" - so - is anyone interested?

Good capture, l am 20,000 maps into the search, l did not keep one of mine that was interesting, it looked as if somethink large had skidded through the jungle and was sitting amongst the trees, l hope they release some daytime shots, l am going cross eyed looking at the night shots.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

The site is NOT down, I've been on it for about 3 hours while I'm listening to the radio! I just grabbed these screen shots - the url is on the screenshot! It's on the Malay Peninsula.

Kind of is down, just tried to have a look and got this -

Something's not quite right... Tomnod is experiencing technical difficulties. We apologize. We're poking our servers with pointy sticks to figure out what's wrong. We will collect new DigitalGlobe satellite images today and hope to have them online as soon as possible. Please check back soon. For the latest updates, enter your email below and we'll be in touch as soon as new images are available.

but nice find none the less and thankyou to yourself and the other poster for bringing this tool to peoples attention, been itching to use it, hopefully will be back up and running soon

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
First of all: the site is not down and in every thread about this site somebody claims it to be down. It has not been down since I know the site (monday)

Second: This is not a wing, looks like a ship on its side. I still think, that as good as the pictures might be, the resolution is too small to actually identify it without doubt.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by aLLeKs

First of all: the site is not down and in every thread about this site somebody claims it to be down. It has not been down since I know the site

ok so whats going on then? every time i go there i get the below message. if that is not a site down what is it? i and others cannot access it, so therefore for us it is most certainly down (in the sense it does not work).
I am not making this up, it is exactly what is happening.

Something's not quite right... Tomnod is experiencing technical difficulties. We apologize. We're poking our servers with pointy sticks to figure out what's wrong. We will collect new DigitalGlobe satellite images today and hope to have them online as soon as possible. Please check back soon. For the latest updates, enter your email below and we'll be in touch as soon as new images are available.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JokerThe1st

ok so whats going on then? every time i go there i get the below message. if that is not a site down what is it? i and others cannot access it, so therefore for us it is most certainly down (in the sense it does not work).

I got the same message when I first tried; but ignored it, then I clicked around it and made a new account, and it worked just fine.

I don't know why that message comes up. If you just fiddle with it a bit, though, it is operable.
Pretend that message isn't there; go to the login, then the sign up, and blah blah. I got an email straight away saying "welcome, here you can change your password."
EDIT:
Okay, I just went there again. Click through the screens til you hit JOIN, and then 'sign in'; then do the 'sign up' thing.
It's pretty simple really. Then you'll get an email....
and good to go!!!

I just logged back on to see if it was down or not. It's not.

edit on 3/18/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

It even picked up where I left off....
use the top right-hand buttons after the first 2-3 pages....

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Thank you, up and running now

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JokerThe1st

Awesome! Good for you!!

I was talking to an IT guy about Tomnod and the apparent 'downness' - this guy has intricate knowledge of networks, systems, coding, firewalls, tricks and so forth ..
(directory traversal tricks, like the OP in the other thread pointed out: change "challenge" in the url while viewing and clicking on a campaign map, to "adi", and a code string showing lat/lon location appears on a white screen - although it doesn't say N/S or E/W, but that's beside the point...maybe? Then change 'api' back to 'challenge' to resume your campaign.) ... are sometimes deliberate to limit the traffic.

He says. Anyway....
good for you!!
You are welcome!

new topics

top topics

join