It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 soldiers injured in explosion near Syrian border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
www.timesofisrael.com...

Four Israel Defense Forces soldiers were wounded on Tuesday when their patrol jeep apparently ran over a bomb near the Israel-Syria border. The army initially said three soldiers were lightly to moderately injured but later announced that there was a fourth soldier wounded and that he was in “severe” condition.

IDF Twitter confirms (I think) that one has died and they're preparing to attack Syria.

edit on k110703bamTue, 18 Mar 2014 11:07:53 -0500 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Jerusalem Post - Israel Strikes Syrian Targets

Israel Strikes Syria after Border Blast

Unfortunately for Israel these types of smaller conflicts seem to occur in their land with more regularity than most nations would care to experience. Hopefully the Israeli's will simply bomb a few targets and be done with their retaliation before the situation escalates into anything more serious.

I remember back when the mainstream media was afraid that the Syrian conflict was going to spill over into the Golan Heights and cause a massive retaliatory strike from the Israeli's, but I don't remember hearing if any conflicts actually occurred during that time.

I'm not a huge supporter of the Israeli state and their terrible human rights record, but at the very least I hope these small conflicts originating from Syria and rockets being fired by Hezbollah will stop so that the civilians can enjoy some peace for a small moment.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

mr.octoberfest

I'm not a huge supporter of the Israeli state and their terrible human rights record, but at the very least I hope these small conflicts originating from Syria and rockets being fired by Hezbollah will stop so that the civilians can enjoy some peace for a small moment.

Conflicts originating from Syria? Conflicts are being cargo shipped into Syria from terrorist nations....ie Qatar and Saudi Arabia...anything Syria does is retaliatory...get ur facts straight or STFU.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Syrian Rockets Hit Golan Heights - 2013

I wasn't attempting to "state a fact" - merely making an observation from an event that occurred back in 2013 between Syria and Israel (read the article). I haven't been following Israel as closely for the past few months so I wouldn't claim to be an expert on the situation.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, stop making assumptions or STFU

new topics

top topics

join